[轉錄][新聞]Rockets' new point guard banks on spe …

看板Rockets作者 (水雞公子)時間15年前 (2009/04/04 09:35), 編輯推噓2(200)
留言2則, 2人參與, 最新討論串1/1
※ [本文轉錄自 NBA 看板] 作者: sinin5 (羽馨) 看板: NBA 標題: [新聞]Rockets' new point guard banks on speed for his survival 時間: Sat Apr 4 09:23:55 2009 不知道能不能PO純外文的,覺得這篇還不錯就PO出來了.. 不行的話在自D。 Rockets' new point guard banks on speed for his survival By Art Garcia, NBA.com Posted Apr 3 2009 9:36AM HOUSTON -- As if the Western Conference isn't loaded with enough quick, talented and feisty young point guards, Lakers vet Derek Fisher now has Houston speedster Aaron Brooks to deal with. Life in the NBA just isn't fair. "That's all I need," Fisher said, "is all these '80s babies running around and chasing me." Brooks still has a ways to go before being thought of in the same class as Chris Paul, Deron Williams and Tony Parker. But the second-year quarterback out of Oregon appears to be on the fast track. For someone generously listed at 6-feet, it always gets back to speed. "It's always an issue," Brooks said of his diminutive stature. "It doesn't bother me. It never did. I'm quicker than a lot of people, so I'll take that over being tall." Houston's front office saw more than speed when they selected Brooks with the 26th pick in 2007. Here was a four-year starter in a major conference (Pac-10) with a strong work ethic, basketball smarts and an irrepressible confidence. But to propose that the Rockets knew Brooks would be able to handle the rigors of being a starting point guard in the NBA, especially for a team with title aspirations, would be disingenuous. Houston hedged its bet on Brooks. Big time. The Rockets had five point guards in camp when Brooks arrived, including incumbent and effective starter Rafer Alston, Mike James and one-time franchise centerpiece Steve Francis. If anything, the plan was that Brooks would be groomed much like an NFL quarterback, with the hope that one day he would ready to take over. As the competitors fell be the wayside, Brooks began to show promise as Alston's backup. Brooks' comfort level running with the first team continued to grow in the few games Alston missed with injuries. "You always want to see how a guy steps up," Houston coach Rick Adelman said, "but I think every time Aaron started when Rafer was out he played well." Added veteran forward Shane Battier: "Aaron adds an element to our team -- an element of explosiveness -- that was sort of missing. We saw it in flashes that we really couldn't get more consistently unless he was handed the keys to our offense." If Brooks wasn't ready for the job just yet, it was becoming increasingly clear it was only a matter of time. "The only way to hand him the keys was to trade Rafer," Battier said. "There's always a moment of trepidation when you trade a veteran point guard for a young kid. But those who have known Aaron and his development know that he has a chance to be really special in this league. At some point he needs to take the reins and now is as good a time as any." Brooks, though, was caught off-guard when Alston was sent to Orlando in a three-team trade on Feb. 19. As part of the deal, the Rockets received another second-year point guard, Kyle Lowry. "My first reaction was shock," Brooks said. "It was at the trade deadline. I thought the team was going to stay the same. They had other plans. They gave me the ball and told me it's my show to run. I just wanted to make sure we could continue, because we were playing pretty good basketball before he left." The Rockets have stayed in the running for one of the top four seeds in the West despite the Alston trade and Tracy McGrady being lost for the season. Brooks has made up for some of what has been lost with T-Mac out, and people are noticing, especially within the Southwest Division. "That's always difficult because that's the toughest position on the court," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "Although Aaron knew the system -- he knew plays and what they wanted to do at both ends of the court -- it's a different matter to go out there and do it and gain the respect of everybody that quickly and make everything to continue to run seamlessly. And that's what he's done." The next step for Brooks, according to Adelman, is developing consistency. Brooks is averaging about 14 points as a starter, but only about four assists. There's still a ways to go before Brooks becomes a true floor general. "I almost look at it like Tony Parker," Battier said. "Six or seven years ago, the Spurs handed the keys to Tony Parker. Everyone said he's too small, he's not a point guard, he'll only be a scorer, he can't get people involved and six years later I don't think anyone is questioning it." When asked if he feels comfortable now, Brooks just laughs. He's the first to admit he wouldn't have been ready to pull a Derrick Rose and run the show as a rookie. Brooks needed that time behind Alston and everyone else to get to this point. "I came into a difficult situation," he said. "When I first came in here there were five point guards on the team. I was behind a lot of people. That's why, when they ask me if I can get comfortable, I say, 'No.' "The five point guards? None of them are here now." Brooks has outrun them all. 洨AB真的能成為趴車嗎? 至少今年感覺沒可能了... -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 64.55.144.15

04/04 09:26,
火箭一哥:洨AB~~~
04/04 09:26

04/04 09:29,
看標題 第一反應以為Marcus Banks去了火箭 -_-|||
04/04 09:29

04/04 09:32,
跟樓上想得一樣 |||
04/04 09:32
-- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 118.165.26.79

04/04 10:49, , 1F
拿洨AB去跟人家Parker比 簡直就是XX比雞腿