[閒聊] Arroyo被抹黑

看板Reds作者 (Inferno Requiem)時間14年前 (2009/10/02 23:46), 編輯推噓3(300)
留言3則, 3人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Arroyo denies pine tar accusation Cardinals coach said Reds starter used substance 紅雀教練說Arroyo使用松焦油,Arroyo否認了這指控! (以下為本人不負責任翻譯) By Mark Sheldon / MLB.com 10/01/09 1:19 PM ET CINCINNATI -- During Wednesday's 6-1 Reds win, Cardinals starter John Smoltz had lots of trouble gripping the baseball. Reds starter Bronson Arroyo had no problems. Because of that, Cardinals pitching coach Dave Duncan accused Arroyo of cheating during his 8 1/3-inning, one-run performance for win No. 15. 星期三時紅人以6-1贏了紅雀,因為紅雀投手教練Duncan輸球不甘心, 因此說連Smoltz都抓不好球怎麼可能Arroyo可以投得那麼好~!? (8又1/3局丟一分拿下第十五勝) 在見笑轉生氣的狀況下認為他一定是作弊。 "I'm sure he had pine tar on his cap," Duncan told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch after the game. "He didn't have any problem getting a grip. Balls like that can generate a lot more movement than a slick ball that hasn't been rubbed up." Asked by the Post-Dispatch if he had seen Arroyo go to his cap, Duncan said, "Just every pitch." Duncan賽後跟地方報St.Louis Post-Dispatch說:"我很確定他有藏松焦油在他的帽子裡!" "拜託~Arroyo耶~比賽中球都拿的很穩耶~!" "抹過油的球會變得更會跑!" 報社問他有沒有看到Arroyo手在他帽子裡搞鬼,Duncan說:「幾乎是每一球都來啊。」 (都給他講就好) Smoltz allowed five walks and six runs over his four innings after he came in with only four walks over his previous six starts. He repeatedly tossed balls out of play because he felt they were too slick to grip in the frigid conditions at Great American Ball Park. "I've been around for 40-plus years now, and I've never seen a Major League baseball game played with balls like that," Duncan told the Post-Dispatch. Smoltz這場投四局送出五個保送並丟掉六分,他一直投不進好球帶,因為他覺得 GABP太冷了~球變得很滑沒有辦法好好掌握。 "我在這圈子打滾了四十多年啦,我從沒看過大聯盟比賽中有球是那樣子地。" Duncan這樣告訴報社。 After Smoltz departed, three Cardinals pitchers worked the remaining four innings scoreless, and there were no complaints about the balls. "He shouldn't make wild accusations like that," Reds pitch coach Dick Pole said Thursday of Duncan. "If they suspected that last night, why didn't they check him? They would find nothing. The balls [Smoltz] were throwing out looked fine to me." Smoltz下場之後,三個紅雀投手連合封鎖了紅人打線四局,都沒有人在抱怨握球的問題。 "他不該做出這種五四三的指控~"紅人投手教練Dick Pole隔天對Duncan的發言如是說。 "如果他們當天晚上這麼懷疑,那怎麼不來檢查一下?他們一定會空手而回的啦。 我認為Smoltz丟得沒什麼問題。" Before games, it's the home clubhouse staff's responsibility to apply mud to the baseballs so pitchers can get better grips. Arroyo also denied the allegations levied by Duncan. 在賽前,主場工作人員有責任弄些土到球上去使投手更好掌握。 Arroyo也否認了Duncan發出的斷言! "The reason he's saying that is because I've been using this hat all season," Arroyo said. "That's what happens from playing games in every other park, where there is so much mud on the balls. That black stuff comes off on my fingers every day." Arroyo produced the game cap from his locker and the bill was stained black. "他之所以這麼說是因為我整季都用這頂帽子吧~"Arroyo如是說。 "在其他球場上打球也是這樣呀,球上面很多土,每天都沾上我的手指。" (Arroyo從他的衣櫃拿出比賽用的軟帽,帽沿都被沾黑了~) "The funny thing is I normally switch out hats. I have two hats," Arroyo said. "The other one is a lot cleaner. It's starting to build up a little bit. I didn't switch hats because it wasn't hot enough to be really soaked and wet like in the summertime." Reds manager Dusty Baker wasn't aware of the Duncan accusations until informed by reporters Thursday. "有趣的是,我通常會換帽子。我有兩頂帽子~"Arroyo如是說。 "另一頂乾淨多了。不過也開始有一點髒了啦。" "我沒換帽子是因為那頂帽子還沒熱身好,不像在夏天那樣溼溼的。"(這句怪怪的) 紅人教練Dusty Baker到了星期四才知道Duncan那不實的指控。 "If anybody should know, it would be Duncan," Baker responded. "I remember they had Julian Tavarez over there. They threw his hat out, remember that? His hat was all messed up. They also had a left-hander, Steve Kline. It's not like it's something new." "如果有人知道這種伎倆,那一定就是Duncan這傢伙啦。"Baker如此回應。 "我記得有個叫Julian Tavarez的傢伙。他們把他的帽子丟了,記得嗎??? 他的帽子亂七八糟。他們還有一個叫Steve Kline的左投(也是搞這種把戲)。 對紅雀來說這不是什麼新鮮事了啦~" Tavarez, a former Cardinals pitcher, was ejected from a game in 2004 for having a dirty cap with pine tar on it. As for the Duncan comment about going to his cap with his right hand frequently, Arroyo was nonplussed. Tavarez - 前紅雀投手,在2004年某場比賽因為帽子上有松焦油被驅逐出場。(科科~) 當Duncan提到Arroyo一直用他的右手去摸帽子時,Arroyo沒多說啥~ "I have 8,000 twitches," Arroyo said. "What do you want me to do about it? That's how I pitch. The next time I pitch, I guarantee that I will call over there on the phone say, 'Dave Duncan, this is Bronson. I'm putting on a brand new hat.'" "我還有八千次抽動勒~"Arroyo如是說。 "你到底想要我怎樣??? 我投球習慣動作就是這樣。下次我保證我會在我投球前打電話給你 跟你說:「嗨!~Dave Duncan,我是Bronson。我換了頂新帽子喔。」" With his final outing behind him, Arroyo finished with a 15-13 record and a 3.84 ERA in 33 starts. His 220 1/3 innings gave him five straight 200-innings seasons. 在本季最後一次出場之後,Arroyo本季先發33場,ERA3.84,15勝13敗。 本季出場220又1/3局使他五年連續投球兩百局以上。 No stranger to pitching in cold weather, Arroyo pointed out that he pitched before in the postseason at Yankee Stadium in October when the balls were very difficult to grip. "Every ball is different," Arroyo said. "Sometimes you hate them. Sometimes you don't. What are you going to do? You throw what you've got. You find a way to pitch." Arroyo指出他以前在十月的紐約洋基球場投過季後賽,那個球才叫難握勒! 他又不是從來沒在冬天投過球。 "每個球都不一樣的啦,有時候你很恨他們。有時候又不會。你該怎麼辦呢? 你總是會想辦法投出你想要的球啊。"Arroyo如是說。 Mark Sheldon is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs. ___________________________________________________________________________ 原始網址:http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090924&content_id= 7131318&vkey=news_cin&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin 縮址:http://tinyurl.com/yduvh5v -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 220.137.71.91 ※ 編輯: Blasphemy 來自: 220.137.71.91 (10/02 23:50)

10/03 09:12, , 1F
推! 精采
10/03 09:12, 1F

10/04 11:44, , 2F
推一個久違的文章~
10/04 11:44, 2F

10/13 17:47, , 3F
好棒的翻譯 推~
10/13 17:47, 3F
文章代碼(AID): #1AnY1Isn (Reds)