[翻譯] Wake's domination of Rays continues

看板RedSox作者 (自在飛花,無邊絲雨)時間17年前 (2007/08/21 14:28), 編輯推噓10(1002)
留言12則, 11人參與, 最新討論串1/1
ST. PETERSBURG -- The Red Sox were in the best possible situation on Monday night. 聖彼得斯堡訊 紅襪在週一晚上佔盡天時地利人和。 With its lead over the American League East whittled to just four games, the Tampa Bay series was a must-win for Boston. There was none better to take the mound for the Red Sox than Tim Wakefield, who owns more wins over the Rays than any other opponent. 由於在美聯東區的領先勝差只剩下四場,對魔鬼魚的系列賽紅襪下定了破釜沉舟的決心。 而對紅襪而言,沒有人比魏提姆更適合上場投球,因為他對魔鬼魚的戰績無人能及。 Wakefield did anything but disappoint Monday, throwing seven shutout innings and allowing just four hits in the Red Sox's 6-0 victory. 而魏提姆果然不負眾望,七局投球中只被打了四支安打,沒有掉分,讓紅襪以六比零輕取 對手。 "I felt like I had pretty good command of everything tonight," Wakefield said. "I knew coming into the game it was probably going to be a tight one, but we were able to push across some runs early on and put [Tampa Bay] on the ropes." 魏提姆表示:『我覺得今晚一切都在我掌握之中。我知道這場比賽可能會有點艱難,不過 我們一開始就得了幾分,而且讓魔鬼魚打者束手無策。』 Red Sox manager Terry Francona agreed. 粉科南也這麼認為。 "His pitch count was in great shape and he was in command of the game," the skipper said of Wakefield, who notched his 19th career win against the Rays. 他談到這位生涯面對魔鬼魚已達十九勝的投手時表示:『他用球精簡,而且支配一切。』 Wakefield used just 77 pitches to work through the seventh and would've returned for the eighth had he not felt a little stiffness in his back. Boston erred on the side of caution with its 15-year veteran and replaced him with Manny Delcarmen to begin the eighth. 魏提姆投完七局只用了七十七個球,雖然他覺得背部肌肉有點緊繃,他應該還可以繼續投 下去才對。但是紅襪為了保護這位在紅襪作牛作馬十五年的老將,在八局換上了狄曼尼。 "It's just one of those things," Wakefield said. "It happened last time I was here, too. I don't know if it's the turf, the mound or the beds at the hotel, but I started to get tight after the fifth. ... I told them I could go back out there [for the eighth inning]. I just wanted to give them a heads-up that my back was tight." 魏提姆表示:『這種事情上次也有發生。我不知道是草地還是投手丘還是旅館的床鋪有問 題,反正我上次投到五局也覺得背怪怪的......我有跟他們說我還可以繼續投,我只是想 說一下我的背有點緊繃而已。』 By that time, the win was well in hand. 此時,勝利已在嘴邊。 In 35 career appearances opposing Tampa Bay, the 41-year-old righty has only lost twice, and never at Tropicana Field, where he owns a 9-0 record and a 2.16 ERA. Wakefield couldn't say exactly what it was about Tampa Bay that allows him such domination, but he wasn't about to question the results. 在這位四十一歲的右投手生涯對上魔鬼魚的三十五次裡,他只輸過兩次,而且沒有一次是 在純品康納球場,在這裡,他的戰績是九勝零敗,自責分率二點一六。魏提姆也不清楚到 底為什麼自己能夠屠殺魔鬼魚隊,但是他對於成果倒是無庸置疑的。 "Pitching inside is better, because you don't have to deal with the elements," he said. "The ball seems to move a little bit more inside; I don't know why. I don't care to know why, I'm just very thankful I was able to pitch well here again." 魏提姆表示:『在室內投球比較好,因為你不必跟風對抗。球似乎都會跑得比較內角一點 點,我不知道為什麼,我也不想知道為什麼,我只對我能在這裡投出好成績感到欣慰。』 The victory was his 15th of the season, and moved him into a tie with teammate Josh Beckett, the Angels' John Lackey and the Braves' Tim Hudson for most in the Majors. 這場勝利乃是他本季第十五勝,讓他和隊友貝賈許、天使的雷約翰以及勇士的赫提姆並列 大聯盟的勝投領先。 "It's as good as I've seen him," said Rays manager Joe Maddon. "His combination of movement and being able to throw it where he wants it. He's just on his game. It happens. And of course, he likes pitching against us." 魔鬼魚教頭馬喬表示:『從我看過他以來,他一直都這麼厲害,他似乎能隨心所欲的控制 球,整場球都是他在表現。而且,他很愛針對我們。』 The Rays never even saw what hit them. Wakefield walked the first hitter he faced, then made up for it by retiring the next 11 straight while his teammates built up a comfortable lead, so he had a little room to maneuver. 這些魚連自己怎麼死的都不知道。魏提姆保送了第一個打者,然後輕鬆解決了接下來的十 一個,在此同時,紅襪打者已經幫他取得了領先,所以他顯得更遊刃有餘了。 "Our offense made my job a lot easier as always," Wakefield said. "To score six runs early and get [starter Scott Kazmir] out of the game is tough to do with that guy over there. He's a talented pitcher." 魏提姆表示:『隊友們一如往常幫了我很大的忙。一下子就得了六分,並且把喀史考給轟 了下去,這種事不是誰都辦得到的,他是個很厲害的投手。』 A super-charged offense took the pressure off of its starter almost immediately. The Red Sox pounced on Kazmir right out of the gate and scored two runs in the first inning, adding three in the second. 紅襪猛烈的炮火讓他們的先發投手身上的壓力頓時減輕不少,紅襪在一局上半就從喀史考 手裡奪下兩分,第二局再添三分。 Leading the movement was Mike Lowell, who collected two hits and three RBIs thanks to a two-run double in the first and a solo homer, his 17th of the season, in the fifth to boost Boston's lead to 6-0. He also walked twice. 帶起這一波攻勢的,是兩支安打三分打點的婁麥克,一支兩分打點的二壘安打出現在一局 上,還有五局上的陽春砲,那是他本季第十七發,讓紅襪拉成六比零的領先,他今天被保 送兩次。 "He had a good night, he's having a good year and he's a good player," Francona said. "I'll take every opportunity I can to brag about him. He plays every night, makes plays and gets big hits." 粉科南表示:『他今晚表現不錯,他本季表現的很好,而且他是個好選手。你怎麼稱讚他 都不為過,他每天都上場,守得精采打得漂亮。』 Dustin Pedroia had a run-scoring single which accounted for Boston's other run in the second. He finished 2-for-4 with two walks. 裴達斯也有一支一分打點的一壘安打,出現在二局上。他今晚四打數兩安打,還有兩個保 送。 The Red Sox have now scored 35 runs over their last six games. 紅襪目前在過去六場比賽總共得了三十五分。 Designated hitter Manny Ramirez collected a pair of RBIs in the second with a single to center field. Along with reaching base safely in 71 of his last 76 games, Ramirez has 39 RBIs in 37 games since the All-Star break, and pushed his career total to 1,600, passing Nap Lajoie for 28th on the all-time list. 指定打擊雷曼尼今天在二局上靠著一支中間方向的一壘安打再添兩個打點。他在過去七十 六場比賽當中有七十一場成功上壘,自明星賽之後的三十七場比賽打下了三十九個打點, 將生涯打點數累積至一千六百個,超越雷奈普成為排行榜的第二十八名。 And 132 of those RBIs came against Tampa Bay, most among opponents all-time. 這當中有一百三十二個打點是從魔鬼魚手裡打下的,沒有人比他還多。 "I thought we played tonight a really professional game," Francona said. "There's been so many games when it's the fourth inning before we get going. We've faced [Kazmir] so much and he's given us such a tough time, to get his pitch count up and score, that's great." 粉科南表示:『我想我們今晚的表現非常夠水準。有太多比賽我們在四局之前無法得分, 我們面對他那麼多次,每次他都讓我們很難看,能從他手裡得分,我覺得很爽!』 RAYS-ING HIS GAME Tim Wakefield has won all four of his starts vs. the Rays this season and is 6-0 in his last six outings since a defeat on April 20, 2006, at Fenway Park. 魏提姆本季面對魔鬼魚四戰皆捷。 Player Record Tim Wakefield 19-2 Mike Mussina 16-7 Andy Pettitte 13-1 Orlando Hernandez 11-3 Rodrigo Lopez 11-3 Pedro Martinez 11-4 Curt Schilling 11-6 Wakefield is 9-0 lifetime at Tropicana Field, the most career wins of any opposing pitcher in this park. Roy Halladay, Mike Mussina, and Andy Pettitte each have seven wins. 魏提姆生涯在純品康納球場九勝零敗,乃魔鬼魚敵隊之冠。 賀羅伊、穆麥克與裴安迪皆獲七勝。 原文網址http://0rz.tw/fc2WP -- 國產男:「幹你娘!」 「唉唷~好噁心!」「罵髒話!沒水準!」「低級!垃圾!」 ABC:「幹你娘!」 「他會說髒話耶~」「哈哈~好可愛唷~」「少罵髒話唷~」 外國人:「幹你娘!」 「他要幹我娘耶~」「走開!是幹我娘!」「是幹我娘啦!」 Click for more bloody jokes http://www.wretch.cc/blog/BloodyJoker -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 122.123.193.61

08/21 14:30, , 1F
老蝴蝶您是神
08/21 14:30, 1F

08/21 14:32, , 2F
純品康納球場的土地公? XD
08/21 14:32, 2F

08/21 14:39, , 3F
「這些魚連自己是怎麼死的都不知道」XXXD
08/21 14:39, 3F

08/21 14:40, , 4F
好笑到靠杯的翻譯XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
08/21 14:40, 4F