[翻譯] Devern Hansack

看板RedSox作者 (在動物園散步才是正經事)時間17年前 (2006/09/21 19:04), 編輯推噓5(501)
留言6則, 6人參與, 最新討論串1/1
美國時間9/23預定的先發投手 Devern Hansack http://sports.mainetoday.com/seadogs/thomas/060827dogs.shtml Dogs have a pitcher flying high but under the radar Think of all the Portland Sea Dogs starting pitchers this season and names like Pauley, Gabbard, Smith, Seibel and Zink come to mind. But Devern Hansack? Portlan本季的先發投手群都是小有名氣的,但之前有誰聽過Devern Hansack? "He has quietly flown under the radar," Sea Dogs Manager Todd Claus said. Call him consistent, reliable and most unexpected. Sea Doss的經理 T.Claus對於Hansack的評論是:他總是在測速槍前面安靜地 飛來飛去,十分穩定、值得信賴且不可預測。 Hansack, 26, once pitched for the Houston Astros' organization but was released in 2003. Without another team showing interest, he returned to the small town of Pearl Lagoon in southeast Nicaragua. He seemed destined to remain, pitching in the country's growing professional league. 26歲的Hansack,曾經是太色人農場的一員,但是在2003年被釋出。而當時沒有 其他球隊對他有興趣,他只好回到Nicaragua,在剛起步的職業聯盟中繼續投球。 While Nicaragua is a poor country, it is baseball rich. It is considered one of the two Latin American countries, with Panama, where baseball is more popular than soccer. Nicaragua跟Panama是拉丁美洲國家中唯二棒球盛行度超過足球的國家。 Still, only eight Nicaraguans have reached the major leagues, according to the Baseball Encyclopedia; the most famous was Dennis Martinez, a national hero after compiling 245 wins from 1976-98. Martinez threw a perfect game against the Los Angeles Dodgers in 1991, then flew home the next month and had lunch with the president. One Nicaraguan, pitcher Vincente Padilla, is currently in the majors with the Texas Rangers. 根據Baseball Encyclopedia的資料,Nigaragua只有八位選手曾經當上大聯盟, 其中最有名的就是總統先生Dennis Martinez(1976-98,245勝)。總統先生曾經 在1991年對躲人隊投出完全比賽,隔月飛回家鄉跟當時的總統一起吃飯。(按: 總統先生的稱號是因此而來?)Nigaragua現役的大聯盟選手就是條子隊的 趴地找牙。 The Astros signed Hansack in 1999. He played two years in the Venezuelan Summer League, then played two seasons of Class A ball. Despite going 10-6 for Lexington in 2003, Houston gave up on him. "I didn't expect that they would release me," Hansack said. "I didn't have an agent so I went home to play in Nicaragua." That might have ended his chance to play in the majors. "Where I live so far (away), maybe no one comes around to see me," he said. 太色人在1999年簽下Hansack,並把他送到Venezuelan Summer League, 在Lexington打了兩年的A ball之後,留下10-6的成績。太色人在2003年放棄他 了。Hansack對過往的事提道:我不知道他們會把我釋出,我沒有經紀人,只 好回家鄉打球。 That might have ended his chance to play in the majors. "Where I live so far (away), maybe no one comes around to see me," he said. But Hansack played for the Nicaraguan national team in a tournament in Holland. There a Boston scout saw him, and Hansack signed last December. He arrived in Fort Myers, Fla., three months later. Hansack說:我住的地方太偏僻,也許不會有球探會來看我投球。在大聯盟投 球的機會似乎就此消失。 然而,Hansack加入國家隊,並且代表Nigaragua在荷蘭的錦標賽投球。而來自 Boston球探看到他的投球之後,在2005年11月跟Hansack簽下了合約。三個月之 後,他出現在佛州的Fort Myers。 "I didn't know anything about him," Claus said, "except that he had a good arm." 「除了有很好的手臂之外,我對他一無所知」,Claus說。 Hansack came to Portland in April and didn't complain about the weather. "I was excited to hook up with a professional team," he said. "It was cold but I could handle it." Hansack在四月加入Sea Dogs,而對於當地氣候從未有抱怨。「能夠加入職業球 隊已經夠讓我興奮了,這裡雖然冷,但我可以克服。」 Claus soon learned to appreciate Hansack, especially as the pitching staff went through so many changes, with five starters promoted. "He's given us a lot of innings and he's filled a lot of roles for us, " Claus said. "It seems that every time he pitches, he keeps us in the ballgame." Claus馬上就知道了Hansack的珍貴之處,尤其是球隊的先發陣容經過了許多的變 動,包括五位投手被升到另一個層級。 Hansack (6-7) has pitched in 29 games, 17 as a starter. He leads the team in the innings (122) and strikeouts (112). Among starters he has the lowest ERA (3.53) and his seven quality starts is the best. Hansanck先發了17場,122局跟112K都是隊上最多的,而3.53的ERA則是先發投 手群中最低的,此外他還有7個QS。 When he mixes his fastball and slider with his change-up and curve, he's dominant in Double-A, like when he shut out Binghamton for seven innings Tuesday night. 他可以靈活運用了快速球、滑球、變速球跟曲球,而能主宰AA的比賽, 就像他之前對Binghamton的比賽中送了七個0一樣。 "He has some things to learn but I think he has major-league stuff," Claus said. At 26, with only one season in Double-A, could he really make the majors? Claus認為:他還有要學習的東西,但他有足以立足大聯盟的stuff。26歲,只有 一年AA的經驗,Hansack真的可以站上大聯盟的投手丘嗎? Guys surface in the big leagues sometimes in their late 20's and early 30's," Claus said. "Guys who never got a chance before." Claus說:總有些人是大器晚成的,更何況某些人未曾被看好過。 Hansack is getting a chance now. With some seasoning, who knows? For now he's helping the Sea Dogs in their playoff push and is scheduled to start today at New Britain. Hansack正努力爭取上到大聯盟的機會,誰知道他到底能不能升上去呢?但他 正在Sea Dogs的季後賽中努力奮戰。 按:Sea Dogs拿下了AA東區聯盟的冠軍。Hansack在Sea Dogs的成績如下: W-L ERA G GS IP H R ER HR BB SO Opp.AVG 8-7 3.26 31 18 132.1 122 55 48 14 36 124 .244 其他資料,煩請各位大大補充。 大家一起為這位小朋友加油。Let's Go Red Sox!! -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.112.200.11 ※ 編輯: MER 來自: 140.112.200.11 (09/21 20:08)

09/21 20:55, , 1F
Let's Go Hansack!! Let's Go Red Sox!!
09/21 20:55, 1F

09/21 22:01, , 2F
09/21 22:01, 2F

09/21 22:04, , 3F
09/21 22:04, 3F

09/22 02:01, , 4F
et's Go Hansack!! Let's Go Red Sox!!
09/22 02:01, 4F