[情報] Rangers taking caution with righty Webb

看板Rangers作者 (Qropei)時間13年前 (2011/02/23 01:54), 編輯推噓4(403)
留言7則, 5人參與, 最新討論串1/1
SURPRISE, Ariz. -- The Rangers are not showing excessive concern about Brandon Webb's delay in getting back on the mound. The club's feelings toward Webb remain the same as when it first announced his signing on Jan. 3. Rangers並不擔心Webb是否會晚歸隊,和簽Webb時一樣,這些都在意料之中 "We said all along that we were going to err on the side of caution," Rangers general manager Jon Daniels said. "There hasn't been any setbacks, but you're talking about a guy who hasn't pitched in two years. It's pretty natural he's on a different program than anybody else." JD表示,球團的立場是寧願過份擔心,現階段雖然Webb沒有異狀,不過他已經兩年沒 投球了,他的進度和其他人不能一概而論。 Webb has missed the last two years because of a shoulder injury that required surgery. He last pitched on April 6, 2009, and the Rangers are being careful with him. He threw off a mound during the first workout on Thursday, but they do not want him back up there until he builds up the necessary arm strength. He threw long-toss from 170 feet on Monday without any problems. Webb因為肩傷而接受手術,自4/6/2009以來就沒回到場上,所以Rangers對他非常小心。 上周四Webb第一次在丘上投球,不過球團希望他先恢復手臂的強度,周一時他完成了170 呎長傳,並沒有顯示任何問題。 Will he be ready by Opening Day? The Rangers don't know, but they aren't obsessed with that date. "It's hard to say right now," Daniels said. "I remember [Eric] Gagne is '07. He was great for us and pitched in games in Spring Training, but we still gave him extra time on the disabled list to start the season. I'm not saying we'll do that with Brandon, but we don't look at Opening Day as the finish line." Webb不曉得是否能趕上開幕戰,但Rangers並不擔心。Gagne在07年球季也是類似情形, 雖然春訓狀況很好,不過開季他還是從DL出發。球團沒有把Webb趕上開幕當成惟一的 計畫。 Daniels is not looking for extra pitching this early in Spring Training. Former Rangers pitcher Kevin Millwood is still among the unsigned free agents out there. "I think we're fine," Daniels said. "Our guys at the back end of the rotation -- regardless of who wins the job -- will be talented. We're prepared to go with those guys. When you're talking about starting pitching, you can't develop starting pitching if you don't give those guys a chance." JD當下沒有尋找外援的計畫,即使Kevin Millwood還在自由球員市場上。JD認為,在輪 值表後段的球員都很有天份,不管最後是誰贏得了那些位置,球團會讓這些年輕球員上 場,如果培養的年輕球員不上場試試身手,你永遠不知道誰會是好的先發投手。 Davis will get look at third base SURPRISE, Ariz. -- The Rangers will look at Chris Davis at third base this spring while he gets his usual work over at first behind Mitch Moreland and Michael Young. "We've got a lot of first basemen, so they told me I'm going to play third base a little bit just to get me some at-bats," Davis said. "I'll also play first base, but maybe that will open a few doors. It's tough to find at-bats, so I guess they are going to mix it up. I know Michael is going to play first base, Adrian Beltre is going to play every day at third, and Mitch is our first baseman." Chris Davis春訓時會加練三壘,因為球隊已經有一卡車的一壘手了。Davis表示,他 會客串一下三壘手以得到更多上場機會,當然一壘還會是他的位置,但若要更多的打 席來證明自己,三壘也許是給了他自己另一個機會。 Davis may play both positions but -- unless there is an injury -- he still has the steepest climb to make this team. He was the Rangers' Opening Day first baseman in each of the past two seasons, but ended up struggling at the plate and getting sent to Triple-A. Now the job is Moreland's to lose, and Davis could end up back at Triple-A if he doesn't get traded. 沒有意外的話,Davis或許可以開季後遊走這兩個位置,但機會很小。過去兩季他都是 球隊的先發一壘手,但他都無法維持手感,最後都在3A結束球季。現在這個位置在 Moreland手上,如果春訓中的狀況不變,開季後Davis大概會在3A或被交易。 "If you look at the offseason, anybody can be traded," Davis said. "It's a business, and the object is to put the best nine guys on the field. I may not be a Texas Ranger for life, but my dream [growing up in Longview, Texas] was to be a Texas Ranger, and I got to play for the team I grew up rooting for. "Would I like to stay here? Yes. But realistically there's not a great chance of that happening. This is all I know, playing for the Rangers, but there are 29 other teams. A lot of it is up to me. If I do the job I'm capable of doing, I can somewhat make up my own future." Davis表示,季後任何人都可能被交易,這個行業說穿了就是把最好的九個人放場上,他 雖然不一定一輩子待在Rangers,但身為一個土生土長的德州人,他從小的夢想就是成為 一個Ranger。但他知道現實不站在他這邊,他需要靠自身努力和表現來說服球團留他下 來。 Beltre limited by strained right calf SURPRISE, Ariz. -- Rangers third baseman Adrian Beltre is limited in his running because of a strained right calf muscle. He is able to take batting practice and field ground balls, but he is not going all out in the running program. Beltre右腿的傷勢使他暫時不參與跑步訓練,但他仍能做揮擊練習和滾地球守備。 Beltre said he tweaked the muscle on the treadmill back home before coming to Spring Training. "It's not a big deal," Beltre said. "It's nothing to worry about. We're not forcing it. We'll see how it is in a couple of days." Beltre表示,他是在家裡跑步機上扭傷的,傷勢並不嚴重。也許幾天就會好轉了。 Briefly The Rangers had over 120,000 people register for the Opening Day ticket lottery. Winners will be notified later this week. ... The Rangers are having a lot of meetings lately. They had one Monday morning for media training, another one in the afternoon with MLB umpire supervisor Steve Palermo, and another scheduled for Tuesday on security. ... Pitching coach Mike Maddux said Derek Holland was "outstanding" while throwing batting practice on Monday. Maddux said Matt Harrison also looked particularly impressive, and Arthur Rhodes was sharp with all his "tricks." 其他消息:開幕戰的樂透有超過120,000人參加,本周將會通知中籤的參加者。投教 Mike Maddux對幾位投手的看法: Holland:投打練習的狀況非常出色 Harrison:令人驚艷 Rhodes:各種武器都投的很棒 Source: Rangers官網 (忘了,補一下) 初次分享,譯的不好的請見諒。 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 129.107.219.24

02/23 02:00, , 1F
推翻譯
02/23 02:00, 1F
※ 編輯: pei719 來自: 129.107.219.24 (02/23 02:07)

02/23 05:47, , 2F
NICE JOB!
02/23 05:47, 2F

02/23 12:23, , 3F
02/23 12:23, 3F

02/23 18:37, , 4F
其實蠻希望遊騎兵能簽回Millwood,畢竟過去幾年的貢獻也
02/23 18:37, 4F

02/23 18:37, , 5F
不小,穩定起來也是蠻不錯的投手!
02/23 18:37, 5F

02/23 22:20, , 6F