[討論] Time for Rangers to look hard at Matt Garza

看板Rangers作者 (2010AL冠軍遊騎兵)時間13年前 (2010/12/19 23:15), 編輯推噓3(302)
留言5則, 5人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Time for Rangers to look hard at Matt Garza So in the course of a week, we've now seen the biggest free agent pitcher in Cliff Lee go off the market and now the largest trade piece, Zack Greinke, is headed to Milwaukee, according to ESPN.com's Buster Olney. Sources tell Olney that the Brewers are sending outfielder Lorenzo Cain, shortstop Alcides Escobar and pitching prospects Jake Odorizzi and Jeremy Jeffress for the 27-year-old Greinke, who won the Cy Young Award in 2009. The report includes this paragraph: The Texas Rangers made what they considered to be an aggressive offer for Greinke during the winter meetings earlier this month, only to learn that they were far short of Kansas City's expectations. I'll confess that I don't know much about the Brewers' farm system. But as ESPN.com's Jerry Crasnick reported last week, the Royals wanted up the middle prospects and Escobar and Cain certainly fit that bill. This is a guess, but if that was the package the Royals got, I wonder if they wanted both Jurickson Profar and Julio Borbon in addition to some pitching prospects (maybe Tanner Scheppers and/or Martin Perez and some others?) from the Rangers for Greinke. Baseball America ranks Odorizzi and Jeffress as the Nos. 1 and 3 prospects in the system, so it's conceivable that Perez and Scheppers were included in the Royals' demands in addition to Profar and others. If so, that's a high price and probably one the Rangers weren't willing to pay (and I can't blame them). But again, that's just speculation. Now that Greinke is off the market, the Rangers should jump in with both feet and see what it might take to land Matt Garza from Tampa Bay. He doesn't have the skins on the wall like Greinke and so he shouldn't cost quite as much in terms of prospects. But his contract is so favorable, that I can't think teams will get a huge discount, either. He's going to earn around $25 million (that's a guess) the next three years as part of arbitration (Greinke will make $27 million the next two years). So the Rays will ask a high price. But without the Cy Young to tote around, there could be a package that would work and not deplete the Rangers of too many of its top prospects. Maybe Tanners Scheppers and Julio Borbon, plus another high-level prospect or two with major league time, like Chris Davis, Derek Holland or Luis Sardinas? I include Sardinas as a way to avoid putting Jurickson Profar in the deal. Sardinas, a shortstop, is considered a raw talent with high upside. And I can't see the Rangers parting with Profar (those I talk to seem to really like him and don't want to give him up). Maybe there's also a way to structure the deal so that Martin Perez and Scheppers are taken out of the mix. Maybe Michael Kirkman? I had included Perez in here originally, saying it could be either Perez or Scheppers, but I don't like the idea of trading Perez (I'm not thrilled with dealing Scheppers, either). Talk to scouts and they'll tell you how much upside Perez has regardless of his bump in the road in 2010. So I didn't include him. For the record, I'm still a big believer in Holland and I think other teams are too. That's why he's included here. You have to give something up to get something of value, especially a proven pitcher who would be under club control for the next three seasons. And it's possible that Garza won't cost as much as some of the players I'm listing. We'll see. But I'm interested in Garza. He doesn't have the numbers that Greinke has had the last few seasons, but he's been solid. Garza has 3.97 ERA in his career, which includes three full seasons and parts of two others. His last three years, as a member of the Rays' rotation, Garza has posted ERAs under 4.00 and was 15-10 with a 3.91 ERA in 2010, which included a no-hitter. The Rangers saw firsthand how good he can be in the Game 3 of the ALDS, when he held them to one earned run in six innings. He was 2-0 with a 2.84 ERA in two starts against Texas in the regular season. The Rangers hit .229 off him. Now that Lee and Greinke are gone, the really good starting pitchers on the market currently are extremely limited. Yes, the Rangers could wait until the trade deadline and try to bolster things then like they did with Lee in 2010. But think how much better the rotation would be with a guy like Garza in the mix when spring training opens. Do you want Garza? Who are you willing to give up? 資料來源:ESPN-Dallas(Rangers) http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/texas-rangers/ 連Greinke都沒辦法搶到,現在最好的選擇就是Matt Garza。但是,光芒高層應該不太會想 放他吧~~但是交易來Garza的代價應該不會比Greinke誇張。Garza真的很穩定~~ 內容有興趣的大大可以看一下,有談到交易時哪些新秀可以放哪些新秀不能放~~ (編按:我覺得Profar遲早要放掉~~現在SS有Andrus擋著耶~~) -- 2010 Texas Rangers Postseason Franchise Roster (SP)Cliff Lee (C)Benjie Molina (1B)Mitch Moreland (2B)Ian Kinsler (SS)Elvis Andrus (3B)Michael Young (LF)David Murphy (CF)Josh Hamilton (RF)Nelson Cruz (DH)Vladimir Guerrero (SP)C.J. Wilson (SP)Colby Lewis (CL)Neftali Feliz (RP)Darren O'Day (RP)Darren Oliver (SP)Derek Holland (RP)Alexi Ogando (RP)Michael Kirkman (C)Matt Treanor (OF)Julio Borbon -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 59.121.8.58

12/19 23:36, , 1F
有沒有條子盛產SS的八卦?! XD
12/19 23:36, 1F

12/19 23:53, , 2F
光芒的要價就是跟Greinke一模一樣 把所有人都嚇跑了
12/19 23:53, 2F

12/20 01:22, , 3F
好Garza不拿嗎(又便宜) 頂級新秀來就對了XD
12/20 01:22, 3F

12/20 17:44, , 4F
要價就是跟Greinke一樣XD 我笑了
12/20 17:44, 4F