[情報] 賈伯對紀念傳奇人物等商業產物不以為然

看板Pulp作者 (買到"快樂玩Band3"了)時間11年前 (2012/11/14 23:23), 編輯推噓1(100)
留言1則, 1人參與, 最新討論串1/1
大家好啊! 我又來了 今天談的也是個小舊聞 (上個月的新聞) 前陣子某個傢伙出版了"John Lennon Letters Book" 收錄藍儂從1951~1980的私人信件 賈伯針對此事發表了一篇個人評論, 他認為偉大的人物或團體, 有其時空發展背景, 當時代改變後, 若還常高呼對這些傢伙的緬懷或紀念 彷彿活在過去世代, 甚至研究探討這些傢伙說過的話, 寫過的文章, 做過的事等個人隱私... 似乎要傳達了解或吸收了這些精隨甚至模仿他們,凡人的人生就會有所不同 賈伯認為孩子們擁有他們自己無限的未來, 他們應向前看 老一輩不需要將自己的喜好硬加諸在年輕世代上 過去的美好就讓他留在過去吧! (上述大意若有誤解, 還請高手協助修正) 原報導: http://ppt.cc/Hole Title: I Love The Beatles But It’s Time To Move On: Jarvis Cocker Reviews John Lennon Letters Book Jarvis Cocker has reviewed the latest book to be have been published about The Beatles. 'The John Lennon Letters', edited by Hunter Davies, is a collection of missives from the late Beatles’ songwriter, dating from between 1951 and 1980. Cocker questions the real value in these pop history artefacts, drawing attention to the fact that the source material was largely sourced from private collections; from people who have paid vast sums of money to own a piece of Lennon’s personal history and the former Pulp singer asks whether the books say more about the culture of collecting pop memorabilia than the words of the letters can ever say themselves. “I love the Beatles. I haven't named any kids after them but I still really love them,” says Cocker and he painfully recalls the way in which the ‘Britpop’ era was damaged by that very nostalgia that permeates collections such as this. “Wearing the same clothes and taking the same drugs will not make us into Beatles. It will make us fat and ill. And books like this (along with many others, I admit) are what make that mistake possible. The Beatles didn't know they were the Beatles. The Beatles didn't have a plan or a blueprint to follow. They followed their impulses and vague hunches and somehow left a legacy of 213 songs with scarcely a dud among them. That's all the information you need, really.” In essence, Cocker describes the hoarde of surviving Beatles fans as “the children of the echo” and suggests that we should all “get a life” and “move on,” rather than obsessing over trivia such as is contained herein. 另附上賈伯詳細全文(蠻長的, 有興趣的可以看看) http://ppt.cc/r4Of Title: The John Lennon Letters, edited by Hunter Davies - review 那大家慢慢看囉! 多多討論喔! ps: 又到了簡單生活節日子了, 4年前的美好時光現在想起來還是另人無法置信 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 61.62.158.89

12/03 13:16, , 1F
推~
12/03 13:16, 1F
文章代碼(AID): #1GexU0h7 (Pulp)