[轉錄][情報] What Is Wrong With Kei Igawa?

看板PlayBaseball作者 ([αλφα])時間16年前 (2008/04/06 15:26), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/1
※ [本文轉錄自 MLB 看板] 作者: abc12812 (abc12812) 看板: MLB 標題: [情報] What Is Wrong With Kei Igawa? 時間: Sat Apr 5 16:27:52 2008 ※ [本文轉錄自 NY-Yankees 看板] 作者: abc12812 (abc12812) 看板: NY-Yankees 標題: [情報]阿宅臭了嗎? 時間: Sat Apr 5 16:21:50 2008 What Is Wrong With Kei Igawa? http://tinyurl.com/5jwh6h April 4, 2008 By Frankie Piliere Ah, yes, the question that just about every Yankee fan would like an answer to. There’s probably a lot wrong with the Japanese southpaw that the Yankees wish they could fix. But, there are also other things that seem to be more obvious, at least to me, that appear to be more correctable. All players, though, cannot correct all their flaws, and hence, that is where players are weeded out. So, whether Igawa can sort out his problems remains to be seen, but issues there are a plenty. 是的,所有的洋基迷都想知道原因。也許阿宅問題真的多到解決不完。但對我來說,有些 問題是很明顯而可以解決的的。所有有問題的傢伙都沒辦法在大聯盟生存。所以,他確實 是出了些毛病。 I went to see the Scranton-Wilkes Barre Yankees opener on Thursday specifically to examine Igawa up close and personal to see what I could discover about “what is wrong with him.” Of course, he didn’t make it easy on me by proceeding to toss six perfect innings against Lehigh Valley before being subsequently being lifted in favor of Scott Patterson. So, yes, the task I had laid out was to break down what is wrong with a pitcher who had just steamrolled through six frames with 7 strikeouts and no walks. Most would be deterred, but not me. Find out more after the jump… 為了找出問題,我跑去看了洋基3A隊的開幕戰。當然,一個投了六局好球的傢伙並不容易 找出問題,而現在我的任務是指出他的缺陷。大部分的問題讓人沮喪,但我覺得其實還好 。首先... Kei Igawa does have more than enough pure stuff to get Triple-A hitters out, and that is exactly what he showed on Thursday. His fastball touched 92 MPH on a very chilly, windy night and his changeup ranged from 77-81 MPH. Even his often suspect breaking ball was working for him as well. But, I really do not think, nor do many baseball people, that his problems stem from a lack of weapons in his arsenal. 阿宅的stuff拿來殺3A是綽綽有餘,就像他在開幕戰表現出來的那樣。在還冷的晚上可以把 速球催到92mph,變速球則在77-81。連breaking ball都投的不錯。我想,大部分的棒球人 ,包括我,都不會認為阿宅的stuff不夠。 Whether Kei Igawa’s current mechanics are what worked for him in Japan I don’t know. What I do know, however, is that what he does now will make it very difficult for him to ever get the ball down in the strike zone against big league hitters. 我不知道他現在的投球機制是不是和他在日本的時候一樣。我知道的是,他現在的投球機 制讓他沒辦法把球壓低。 Bottom line: Kei Igawa never fully transfers his weight over his front leg. I suppose you could call him a drop and drive pitcher, given his extreme back leg collapse, but it is simply not working too well. To put it another way, he is drop without the drive. I’ve laid out a few points as to why Igawa has struggled so much to locate his pitches down in the zone, which has been the general problem with him; he’s been up in the zone. Of course, my school of thought it just one school of thought, but I also believe some points I make are fairly standard pitching philosophies. Always keep in mind though, to keep an open mind when it comes to mechanical philosophies one way or another. 間單的說:阿宅的重心轉移不好。他是個drop and drive投手,把後腳蹲很低,但顯然運作 的不好。換個方式來說:蹲了,但沒有往前。我會指出一些他最主要的問題。當然,這些只 是我的看法,但我想我所說的都還算是蠻普遍的理論。永遠要記得的是,投球理論很難有 對錯之分。 Point 1: Arm Speed Kei Igawa is not blessed with tremendous arm speed. That is not an automatic point of ruining for a pitcher; some guys have it and some guys don’t. Igawa’s delivery is based on the work of his legs. All his workouts are directed towards his legs and all of his mechanics are built around leg drive. But, one major issue is that Igawa’s arm cannot catch up to his immensely long stride. He never truly gathers himself at his balance point. In fact, that is really not a problem. I love the aggressive nature and momentum he has going into his release. However, to succeed with such a fast paced delivery, you need to be in a special class. Pitchers who have that electric quick arm and have an aggressive, violent weight transfer toward the plate are an entirely different case. These pitchers are some of the big leagues’ most successful hurlers, but Igawa does not have the two parts of this winning formula to make it work. He never comes to a stop at his balance point and the arm simply can never catch up to the lower half. It’s simple physics from this point on. If a pitcher’s arm is not keeping up with the rest of his delivery, he’s making it very difficult on himself to drive the ball on a downward plan low in the zone. Arm speed is generally a gift for a pitcher, so I don’t believe that fixing that is an option. 阿宅沒有很快的揮臂。這倒不是很嚴重的問題,不是每個投手揮臂都很快。阿宅投球的基 礎是下半身。不過,很重要的一點是他的揮臂跟不上下半身,他沒有在平衡點時累積能量 。事實上,這不算是個問題。我喜歡這樣具侵略性的投法。然而,只有天生神力才有辦法 這樣投球能有快速的揮臂和侵略性的投法。而阿宅的揮臂就是跟不上下半身。 很簡單的一個想法:手一旦跟不上,球就容易往上跑。不過,揮臂是投手的天份,所以我想 他的問題不在這裡。 Point 2: Stride Length A long stride used properly can produce outstanding results but it is also a good place to start looking for problems for a pitcher who has had as many struggles as Kei Igawa has. His stride length is about equal to his height. The main problem I have though is that he is reaching so far with his front front that it’s causing his front hip to open up early. Try it for yourself. Stand in the middle of the room and reach as far as you can with your foot. If you reach far enough, your hips will begin to turn. If those hips are opening up, he’s striding too far and losing much of that power he has stored on his back leg. You don’t want to see a pitcher’s hips squaring up too early in his delivery or before he can begin to employ his leg drive. All that is definitely a problem in regards to Igawa’s stride, but there is also a far more key issue that I touched on briefly in point 1. The longer a pitcher’s stride is, the more leg drive they need to get leverage and throw over their front side. This lefty has the long stride, and the leg drive, but not enough to overcome just how long that stride is. Combined with his arm having trouble keeping up, it is quite a challenge for Igawa to use that front leg as a post of sorts in which he can vault his swing his weight over. With his stride being as long as it is, he’s just making it very hard on himself to firm up that front leg and create a downward plane. This image illustrates that struggle pretty well. Also, take a look at how low Igawa’s actual release point is being as spread out as he is. Not much downward plane going on there is there? 大跨步是觀察一個投手的好方法。對阿宅來說,他的跨步太大了,導致腰部提前開掉。你 可以試試看這樣做:跨很大一步,然後身體自然就會旋轉。腰一開。他後腳的力量就浪費 掉了。你不會想看到一個投手腰太早開。 更進一步來說,跨步愈大,就要有愈多的力量去克服跨步造成的力矩。阿宅有大跨步,但 他的力量不足。加上揮臂太慢,這讓他很難轉移他的重心,同時也沒辦法把球往下投。 看看他的放球點:是不是沒什麼往下的向量? Point 3 - Front Leg Take a look at Igawa’s stride leg upon release of the ball. It’s bent at nearly a 90 degree angle. In fact, it looks like there’s as much resistance pushing backwards as there is pushing forward. He’s making it very difficult on himself to transfer his weight toward the hitter. At not point in his delivery does that front leg ever completely straighten out so that he can bring the rest of his body and arm over the top. Ever hear youth and high school coaches tell pitchers to stay tall? It applies at all levels. Igawa delivers the ball essentially from a crouched position that Jeff Bagwell could be proud of. Except, for a pitcher, it is hard to get much leverage from down there. Also take note of how Igawa’s leg swings open as oppose to just a normal stride forward. This also causes his hips to prematurely open. By doing this, he is causing his front foot to turn open also. Notice that his foot lands very hard on his heel and not on the ball of his foot. Because he is landing on his heel, as he begins to drive with his legs, his heel will rotate slightly before the rest of his foot comes down. It’s a small millisecond but that is more time for his front side to premature open up. Especially since he is a leg drive oriented pitcher this is especially true, but a pitcher’s upper body and arm follow and are dictated by the actions of the lower body. 前腳:彎到快90度了。這會造成向後的力,造成阿宅的重心很難轉移向前。他的前腳從來沒 有伸直過好讓手和身體可以往前。他蹲的簡直就像是Jeff Bagwell,這樣投手很難得到足 夠的力量。 另外,他的跨步是開的,像是在往前踏一樣。這也會導致腰部提早打開,腳也會提早打開 。注意到他是腳根而不是腳尖著地,這會讓他的腳在投球時稍微旋轉,造成上半身的方向 錯誤,特別是他是drop and drive投手。 Point 4 - Pie Throwing The term “pie thrower” is scouting jargon for a pitcher who has his palm somewhat under the ball rather than on top. Igawa is a classic example. His arm action is not a thing of beauty; it’s quite stiff and seems to merely be along for the ride with his lower half. His “pie throwing” is more than likely a simple result of his lower half mechanical flaws. 掌心朝上投球。手臂太僵硬。 Summation I gave Kei Igawa a very hard time in this piece because that was the point of this article. Small flaws were magnified and examined. So, no, these flaws are not as monstrous as they may sound. Right about now, no one is too interested in “what is great about Kei Igawa”. People want to know why he hasn’t succeeded. Of course, there are reasons far beyond just his delivery mechanics that he’s failed in the big leagues thus far. But, since it’s been becoming more and more evident that his main chink in the armor has been pitching up in the zone, I thought exploring why that’s been happening would be interesting. There is actually a lot to like about Kei Igawa, so Yankee fans, don’t quit just yet. I think a lot could be resolved for Kei with a shortening of his stride. I really like the momentum and aggression in his drive towards the plate. I would just prefer that that drive be much more downhill. His stuff, down in the zone, can be effective. Whoever scouted and signed him didn’t get that completely wrong. Perhaps what they did not anticipate was the trouble he’d having in changing his mechanics. Although he dominated a Triple-A lineup on Thursday, there was not a truly dramatic change in his location; he was up a lot. So, it begs the question; will he come to the realization that his delivery works at Triple-A and in Japan but not at the MLB level? Only time will tell. I hope this was good food for thought for Yankee fans especially. Kei Igawa is not a lost cause, despite the fact that all I did was point to his flaws. Besides his lack of arm speed, they are all correctable problems. Will he make the adjustments, however? That I do not know. 我把阿宅講的很糟,但事情其實沒這麼嚴重。人們比較有興趣的是為什麼他會失敗而不是 他好在哪。當然,除了投球機制外還有其他的原因,但他最主要的問題是球沒辦法壓低, 我想研究這個問題的原因是比較有趣的。 我想如果可以把跨步縮小的話,很多問題都可以被解決。他投球的侵略性是很好的。他需 要有往下丟球的向量。當他可以球可以壓低時,他會很猛。球探對他的投球機制有些判斷 錯誤,問題在於,他什麼時候會了解到他的投球機制只在等級較低的聯盟有用? 我想,阿宅他還沒有完蛋,雖然我都只講他的缺點。除了揮臂速度外,其他都是可以修正 的。不知道他最終能不能改的過來? -- 翻的蠻爛的 還請指正 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.112.5.3

04/05 16:26,
推 辛苦啦
04/05 16:26
-- 我的棒球部落格 http://abc12812.blogspot.com/ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.112.5.3

04/05 16:33,
日本不少投手跨步都很大...@@
04/05 16:33

04/05 16:34,
但松阪跨步還好
04/05 16:34

04/05 16:39,
松坂的跨步本來也不小,但是到他來米國前已經調整到變小
04/05 16:39

04/05 16:40,
跨步大小適不適合要看個人身體素質 北極很大 但也很強啊
04/05 16:40