[外電] 為什麼活塞現在狀況好過於他們的3-0紀錄

看板Pistons作者 (Detroit Basketball)時間8年前 (2015/11/01 10:04), 8年前編輯推噓8(800)
留言8則, 8人參與, 最新討論串1/1
http://goo.gl/YFQ06E Why Pistons are even better than their 3-0 record 為什麼活塞現在狀況好過於他們的3-0紀錄 Okay, I have to admit… even I’m surprised. 好啦,我得承認...連我都很驚訝。 Yes, I spent the entire summer selling optimism about the Detroit Pistons. 沒錯,我花了整個暑假表達我對活塞的樂觀。 Yes, I predicted they’d win 42-50 games. 沒錯,我預測他們會贏42到50場比賽。 Yes, I thought they were going to be good. 沒錯,我認為他們會打得很好。 Yes, I wagered hard-earned American dollars in Vegas that the Pistons would win at least 38 games. 沒錯,我在賭城花了我辛苦賺來的美金下注活塞至少會贏38場比賽。 I just didn’t think they’d start 3-0. Not against the Hawks, Jazz and Bulls. Not while shooting so horribly. 我只是沒想到他們開季會打出3-0的成績。更何況是在對上老鷹、爵士和公牛, 投籃命中率又很糟糕的情況下。 While the season is incredibly young, what we’ve seen so far has actually increased my optimism. This team doesn’t need to play extremely well on offense in order to stay competitive. Against the very top teams in the Eastern Conference. They don’t need Brandon Jennings or even a very productive bench. 儘管球季才剛剛開始,但我目前所看到的已經讓我更加地樂觀。他們不需要在 進攻方面表現極度優異以維持競爭性。對抗東區的前幾種子球隊。他們不需要 建寧甚至不需要非常有效率的板凳。 The Pistons shot .375/.214/.500 against the Bulls. And won. 活塞昨天對上公牛的命中率是.375/.214/.500。而且他們贏了。 So how did they do it? Roughly the same way they beat the Hawks and Jazz -rebounding, defense and hustle. 那麼他們是如何辦到的呢? 跟他們擊敗老鷹和爵士的方式差不多 —籃板、防守和拚勁。 And that, my fellow Piston fans, is why we should all be feeling very good about this team. They’re 3-0 less because of things that vary from night to night (shooting percentages) and more because of the things a team can bring night in and night out (effort and energy). 而我的活塞迷夥伴們,這就是為什麼對這支球隊我們應該要感覺很好。 他們現在3-0跟每晚都可能有變動的東西(命中率)比較沒有關係; 這更要歸功於一支球隊每個晚上都能帶來的東西(付出與能量)。 They out-rebounded the Bulls 61-50, and even more importantly, 20-8 on the offensive glass. 他們在籃板球以61-50大勝公牛隊,更重要的是,進攻籃板的差距是20-8。 They had 104 shot attempts to the Bulls’ 84. 他們的投籃出手次數有104次,而公牛是84次。 They essentially flipped "efficiency" the bird and won in spite of it. 他們根本就是對「效率」比了個大中指然後在這個狀況下贏球的。 By the way, this is the very same Bulls team that beat the Eastern Conference champion Cleveland Cavaliers on opening night - on TNT - while the Pistons were clobbering the (regular season) Eastern Conference champion Hawks (on the road), and then crushed the Brooklyn Nets (on the road) the following night. 順帶一提,這支公牛隊跟那支在開幕夜的TNT轉播中擊敗去年東區冠軍騎士 (同一晚活塞在客場打垮了去年東區戰績第一的老鷹)然後又在隔晚客場衝 破籃網的公牛隊是同一支公牛隊。 And the Pistons don't even have Brandon Jennings back yet. 而且建寧還沒有回來。 If there’s one element I wasn’t counting on (at all) this season, it was the superb play of Marcus Morris. Truth be told, I’d never really seen the guy play before he joined the Pistons. His numbers looked OK but underwhelming. The response to that trade with the Suns (which cost the Pistons essentially nothing) was a collective "meh" by every sports journalist outside (and some inside) Detroit. 如果這一季有任何我沒有考慮到的因素(田岡教練表示: ),那就是 Marcus Morris的超優異表現。老實說,我在這傢伙加入活塞前從來沒有好好 地看過他打球。他的數據看起來還可以但不會讓人留下深刻的印象。每一個 不在底特律(甚至有些在底特律)的體育記者對於那筆跟太陽的交易(活塞基本 上什麼都沒損失到)的反應都是一口同聲,很冷淡的「喔。」 And while I KNOW IT’S EARLY (#samplesize, #calmdown), Morris is averaging 19.3 points and 7.6 rebounds through three games. Against playoff-caliber opponents. While knocking down huge shots. During crunch time. 我知道現在還早(#樣本大小,#冷靜下來)—Morris三場比賽平均19.3分 7.6籃板;對上的是季後賽等級的球隊;在關鍵時刻投進關鍵球。 Andre Drummond, meanwhile, in spite of still shooting below 50 percent from the floor, is putting up 18.6 points and 16.3 rebounds through three games. And while you might be tempted to argue those numbers will come down, they’re eerily similar to what he put up at the end of last season after Reggie Jackson came aboard. 同時裝猛雖然場上命中率低於50%,三場比賽還是繳出了平均18.6分16.3籃板 的成績。你可能會想要爭論說那些數據會下降,但那些數據跟去年 Reggie Jackson加入後裝猛在球季結束時的數據差不多。 Oh, and he had his fifth career 20-20 game tonight. There will be more. 噢對了,他在昨晚的比賽打出了生涯第五次20-20。還會有更多。 Kentavious Caldwell-Pope had a horrible shooting night, but also kept Jimmy Butler in check (in spite of the sexy 23/11 stat line, Butler shot 5-19 from the floor) and made yet another huge defensive play to push the game into overtime. His fist-pump reaction was almost the same he made after his block on Rodney Hood to close out the Jazz, and just might look awesome in a forthcoming highlight video made by yours truly. KCP昨晚的命中率很慘淡,但他同時鎖住了Jimmy Butler(雖然子龍的成績23分 11籃板很漂亮,但他的命中率是19投5中)而且在正規時間結束前以一個重要的 防守把比賽逼進了延長賽。他那握拳大吼的反應跟他在對Rodney Hood的三分球 敲下關鍵火鍋幫助球隊擊敗爵士後的反應如出一轍,而且在之後的比賽高光裡 可能會看起來很棒。 Reggie Jackson still has a ton of work to do. He had five turnovers and took more than a couple ill-advised shots, and yet… still put up 22/7/7 and came up big down the stretch. The things he does well, he makes them look so easy that it’s easy to take them for granted. Don’t. He’s good. He’ll be a star in due time. He's a work-in-progress. Reggie Jackson還是有許多工作要做。他有五次失誤而且有很多糟糕的出手, 但…他還是繳出了22分7籃板7助攻的成績。他讓那些他做得很好的事情看起來 很容易達到,很容易讓人們覺得是理所當然。不要這樣覺得。他很優秀。 他之後會是個明星。他現在還在進步當中。 The sky is the limit for this team. 天空是這支球隊的極限。 Their best players are ALL 26 years old and under. Three of them are 22 and under. 他們最好的球員都在26歲以下。其中三個在22歲以下。 They’re still learning to play with each other. They’re still rough around the edges. 他們還在學習如何跟彼此打球。他們還是有點粗糙。 KCP is still inconsistent. Reggie is still erratic. Andre is still raw. Brandon Jennings is still in street clothes. KCP現在還無法維持表現。Reggie現在還不穩定。裝猛現在還不成熟。 建寧現在還穿著便服。 But they’re winning. Against good teams. Already. 但他們已經在贏球—而且是擊敗好球隊。 If there's one thing I take from these first three games, it's that the Pistons' "floor" is pretty high. Can anyone honestly look at this team and think it will fail to break even? 如果我可以從前三場比賽得出一個心得,那就是活塞的「地板」相當高。 有人能夠看著這支球隊然後說他們的投資會無法回本嗎? They will continue to surprise, and win, and improve. 他們會繼續讓大家感到驚喜,繼續贏球,繼續進步。 We may be the only ones who know it, but that won't last long. 我們可能會是唯一知道這件事情的人們,但那不會持續太久。 Enjoy it, Pistons fans. This is just the beginning. 好好享受吧,活塞迷們。這只是開始。 -- Form a FUCKING wall !!! #DetroitBasketball -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 72.168.145.206 ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/Pistons/M.1446343450.A.781.html ※ 編輯: movieholic (72.168.145.206), 11/01/2015 10:19:58

11/01 11:16, , 1F
11/01 11:16, 1F

11/01 11:57, , 2F
push
11/01 11:57, 2F

11/01 12:13, , 3F
推!
11/01 12:13, 3F

11/01 12:37, , 4F
Pistons Go!!
11/01 12:37, 4F

11/01 13:02, , 5F