[ 王 ] Kuester Impresses Early

看板Pistons作者 ( move on )時間14年前 (2009/10/17 22:39), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/1
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=14062 Bring up the name John Kuester to any member of the Detroit Pistons core group and it's amazing to see the visceral reaction that takes place. Rip Hamilton nearly tears up talking about his new head coach, Tayshaun Prince brightens enthusiastically, the young guys smile and talk about how much they love his communication style and even Big Ben Wallace can't help but grin when talking about being reunited with the man who was an assistant coach to Larry Brown on the 2004 championship team. "I think Kuester is awesome," Hamilton tells HOOPSWORLD. "We have learned so much - especially the young guys. I've been here for a long time, so I see everything, but for the young guys to learn so much in the first two weeks ... it's more than they learned all season last year. It's a great thing to have that, too, because when you're young you need to be taught the game the right way. If you don't get taught the right way early it kind of screws you for the rest of your career." Developing young players is part of the job that Kuester finds enjoyable, especially with a competitive group like the young cast in Detroit. "It's interesting because most of these guys have pretty good basketball IQs and they've done a wonderful job of trying to get better in practice every day," says Kuester. "So it's been an easy transition for me in that way because our guys compete and the young guys really get after it. It's made it fun. I keep telling people about our young players, Jonas (Jerebko), DeJaun (Summers), and Austin (Daye), they don't really care who they're playing against; they're going to play hard every night. It's been fun to watch them practice and develop as players." The key to Kuester's success is his communication style. Soft-spoken and patient with players and media alike, he conveys a quiet confidence, not unlike his mentor Larry Brown. "His communication is incredible," says Hamilton. "He brings that LB, that Larry Brown style. LB was always a teacher and Kuester came under him and he knows how to relate the game and put guys in positions to succeed. That's key in teaching guys to play the game the right way. Kuester has always been a great guy, but the thing about him is he always knows how to talk to his players. I had him in the huddle when Larry was here and he always spoke his mind while keeping an even keel. I thought LB did a great job bringing him onto the team and letting him grow as a coach." As excited as the Pistons are to have Kuester back in the mix, this time in the big chair, they also recognize that he will have to deal with a level of pressure he's never known before. "He's going to face some tough challenges," admits Ben Wallace. "As a head coach you don't realize how much pressure is on a head coach until you become a head coach. I'm pretty sure he's starting to realize what kind of pressure head coaches are going to be under. He's been around this league for a while as an assistant coach, and he's worked under a lot of good head coaches. You can tell, because he came in and took control of the situation here and got everybody on the same page. That's all you can ask for from a coach." It's not clear just how good the Pistons can be this season. They have a nice mix of veterans with championship rings and young players with limitless potential. At both ends of the experience spectrum we see players who have confidence in their new coach and are excited about the team's prospects for the 2009-10 season. At this point, that is, indeed, all you can ask for. -- 由於前任教頭餘威太過強大,所以我懷疑 Kuester 評價可能有點 overrate (誤) 不過球員們對 Kuester 都表現出蠻好的評價,而且他本身經驗豐富,儘管擔任總教頭 的壓力更大,臨場反應需要更加快速,這些就要隨著球季的進行來驗證啦!大班也可 以兼差教一下防守概念... -- ◤◢◤◢◤ ◢███◢◢██ ◢◤◢◤ ◢█ ◢█ ◤ ◢◤◢◤◤◢◤ ◢◤ ◤◢◤ ◢████◤◤◢██ ◢◤ ◢◤ ◤ ◢◤◢█ ◤◢◤ ◢◤ ◤◢◤◤█ ◤◢██◢██◢██ ◢◤ ◢ ◢ ◢ ◢ ◢ ◢ ◢ ◢ ◢◤◢ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 220.139.131.185
文章代碼(AID): #1AsTScmF (Pistons)