[外電] 槍蜥的大躍進

看板Pistons作者 (minamio)時間18年前 (2006/02/16 14:02), 編輯推噓17(1700)
留言17則, 17人參與, 最新討論串1/1
在大家關注小米力跟阿摟油的動態的當兒~來點槍蜥的勵志小外電吧~ http://0rz.net/5515s Big ups to Billups 槍蜥的大躍進 Pistons' priceless point guard voted Michigan's Best 活塞珍貴的控衛被評選為密西根洲之最 February 15, 2006 BY KRISTA LATHAM fREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER At one time, the disappointments in Chauncey Billups' career grew like a pile of dirty plates after a banquet, one on top of another, until the rickety stack nearly toppled to the floor. 在某一段時間槍蜥的職業生涯充滿沮喪,就像宴會完洗不盡的髒盤子一般, 失意接踵而來直到成堆的稻草幾乎要倒塌 That was the day Billups, the Pistons' All-Star point guard, almost gave up on his dream. 那段時間,我們家的全明星控衛槍蜥幾乎要放棄他的夢想了 It was 2000, and Billups, just 23, found himself traded to the fourth team of his young NBA career, the Orlando Magic. He brought with him a shoulder injury that ensured he wouldn't play the rest of that season. And he knew the Magic likely would opt not to keep him at season's end, so he would move on to his fifth team in four seasons. 2000年,二十三歲的槍蜥,發現到在他年輕的 NBA 生涯中他將要被交易到他第四個球隊,魔術. 他的肩傷讓他在那個球季無法再上場.而他知道魔術將不會在球季結束後繼續留著他,所以, 他將在他第四個球季結束時向第五支球隊移動 "Those were dark days," Billups said. "那真是一段黑暗的時期"槍蜥說 So for a moment, he edited his dream, a matter of self-preservation. 所以在那一瞬間,因為自我保護的原因,他改變了他的夢想 He never thought it was over, "but I thought that at worst I'd be a good backup for a lot of years and not be able to reach what I thought was my potential," he said. 他從沒想過那段時間會結束,"但我想最糟的不過是當很多年很多年的替補, 頂多就是無法達到我覺得我有能力達到的地步" Those thoughts likely stuck for about three nanoseconds. Because soon enough, Billups fell back into himself -- the ultra-confident and ultra-collected man who doesn't let a pile of disappointments scare him. 降的想法只存在十億分之三秒,因為馬上槍蜥就做回他自己--極端的自信,極端的冷靜, 永遠不讓挫敗感擊倒他 He kept working, and now, six years later, his career has risen to a level even he didn't dream possible. 他持續的努力,直到現在(六年之後),他的職業生涯提升到一個程度, 甚至是他從沒想過的程度 Billups' legacy as one of the best Pistons ever is no longer a question. Not after leading the Pistons to the NBA title in 2004, when he was named the most valuable player in the Finals. Not after becoming a first-time All-Star and future Olympian. 已經沒有人懷疑槍蜥是活塞最好的球員之一了.在帶領活塞拿到 2004 年總冠軍, 他也拿到總冠軍賽最有價值球員後,在他即將出席第一次全明星賽以及未來的奧運賽之後, 再也沒有任何存疑了. What's more, Pistons fans love him, as do his teammates and the rest of the organization. His peers -- the coaches and opponents -- also respect him as one of the best in his position in the league. 再者,活塞的球迷喜歡他,他的隊友及活塞的高層也是,盯著他看的人--教練以及對手-- 也尊敬他,視他為聯盟最佳的控衛之一. "He's got size," said Miami Heat coach Pat Riley. "He's very strong. He shoots (43%) from the three. He can post up. He's very methodical. He plays the game until he needs to determine the difference between winning and losing. That's what he's developed into." "他的體型很好"熱火教頭萊里說."他非常強壯,他三分球命中率達四成三.他可以在低位單打. 他組織能力很好.他勇於在關鍵時刻出手.這就是他" And now Free Press readers have given Billups another honor. They voted him Michigan's top sports figure for 2005 in the annual Michigan's Best contest. Billups follows teammate Ben Wallace, who won the award for 2004. 現在郵報的讀者給槍蜥另一個榮耀.槍蜥緊接在班蛙(2004)之後 被評選為 2005 年密西西根洲最佳的運動員.這是密西西根洲最競爭的一項殊榮. Billups finished ahead of athletes like Red Wings forward Brendan Shanahan, who spearheaded the move to change the playing rules in the NHL, and coaches like Carol Hutchins, who took Michigan to its first national softball championship. 槍蜥的票數領先密西西根洲有名的運動員像紅翼隊的前鋒 Brendan Shanahan, 以及教練像 Carol Hutchins,他帶領密西西根贏得第一次的全國的壘球冠軍 It might seem like a small thing in a year of great accomplishments, but Billups said it's just another sign of how far he has come. 那也許就像在有一個好成績的一年當中的一件小事, 但槍蜥說那是他可以前進到多遠的其中一的記號 "I haven't seen somebody go through it the way I did," said Billups, 29. "I came in on top, third pick, and before too long I was written off as a player. There were people who were like, 'He's done.' And to make it back to the top of that mountain, it's crazy. Especially how I did it. "我還沒看到有其他人經歷過我所經歷的"槍蜥說."我是從頂端進入聯盟的,第三順位, 而身為球員,我有很長的一段時間處在挫敗當中,但之後我又回到山的頂端, 那就像是有人在對我說"他做到了",這真的很不可思議,尤其是我努力的過程" "I climbed that mountain. Some people get a helicopter ride up. I climbed it. It's beautiful." "我爬上山頂.有些人是搭直昇機上山的,但是我是用爬的,那很美好" Billups' first basketball disappointment came in his teenage years, a blessing in disguise that taught him a life-changing lesson on how to deal with setbacks. 槍蜥籃球生涯的第一次挫折發生在他青少年的時候, 但是幸運的是他學到了改變他一生的重要的一課, 他學會如何處理挫敗感. As a freshman at George Washington High in Denver, Billups had one all-encompassing dream. He wanted to be a McDonald's All-American. After leading his high school team to two state championships, the recognition followed, and Billups was selected to the 1995 team of All-Stars. 身為丹佛的喬治華盛頓高中的新生,槍蜥環繞著夢想. 他想成為 McFnald's All-American的一員(應該是全美高中生的明星隊吧). 在帶領他的高中球隊拿了兩次冠軍後,他被選入 1995 年的高中全明星隊 Two weeks later, he suffered a torn right shoulder. He still has a two-inch-long jagged scar as a reminder of that injury, which kept him out of the one game he had worked so hard to make. 兩週後,他遭受右肩撕裂傷.現在仍然有兩吋長的大傷疤在他受傷的地方, 這個傷勢讓他無法出賽他努力才得到機會出賽的那一場比賽 He still sees kids from time to time wearing his McDonald's jersey, and every time, he thinks, "And I didn't even get to wear it!" 他看著那些年輕人穿著他的麥當勞的球衣,他總想到 "我甚至都沒有機會穿" "That was my first time I was like, 'Dang, man, every time I get right there, I can't get over that hump,' " Billups said. "那是我第一次想,"可惡,每一次當我快要抵達終點時,我總是無法越過那個障礙物" " 槍蜥說 But the lesson was learned. With help from his mother's wise words, he developed the attitude that still guides him today. 但是因為母親的幫助,他學到了人生最重要的一課,降的態度直到今日仍帶領著他 "If there's something that I can't control, I don't let it bother me," Billups said. "I don't let it consume my time. And if there's something that I can control, and it don't work out, what can you do? There's nothing really you can do about it, so move on." "如果有些事是我無法控制的,就不要讓他困擾我"槍蜥說"我不能讓它花掉我的時間, 而有些事是我可以控制的,但是並不成功,你能怎麼辦呢?你真的沒辦法改變神麼, 所以就讓他過去吧" Once in the NBA after two seasons at Colorado, Billups clung to that philosophy while five teams determined he wasn't worth the risk of a long-term contract. 在科羅拉多州兩個球季之後,當五支球隊都認為槍蜥不值得冒險給予長期的合約時, 槍蜥秉持著他的哲學. Billups, 6-feet-3 and 202 pounds, spent time as a starter at Boston, Toronto, Denver and Minnesota before he signed a six-year, $35-million deal with the Pistons in the summer of 2002, but none of those teams really invested in him. 六呎三, 202 磅的槍蜥在 2002 年暑假跟活塞簽了一張六年三千五百萬的合約前, 曾擔任過波士頓,多倫多,丹佛,明尼蘇達的先發,但是這些球隊並不真的想要投資他 Then Joe Dumars, the Pistons' president of basketball operations, stepped in. 然後,老喬介入了 "He had never been handed the ball and been told, 'Look, you're the point guard, you're the guy we're going with,' " Dumars said. "Everywhere he went, it was either, you're a combo guard, you're a backup, but never, 'You're the guy, here's the ball.' " "並沒有人真的讓他掌握球權並跟他說,'嘿,你是一個控衛,你就是我們要的那一個人,'老喬說 "他所到之處,不是得當雙能位,就是得當替補控衛,但從不是'你就是那個人,這是球'" Giving Billups the ball was a risk for the Pistons, simply because he had never been in that position, so Dumars could only guess how he would respond. 把球給槍蜥對活塞而言是風險,因為他從來沒有真正打過那個位置, 所以老喬只能用猜測的猜他會有神麼結果 But a few things convinced Dumars that he was making the right decision. 但是一些事證實了老喬做了一個正確的決定 He did extensive background checks and found out what a good guy Billups was. He had noted Billups' impressive playoff series at Minnesota, when the Timberwolves played Dallas. He saw the potential in the 22 points and 5.7 assists Billups averaged in the three games -- all losses. 他調查了很多背景資料,然後發現到槍蜥是多好的一個球員. 他注意到槍蜥在明尼蘇達季後賽系列中令人印象深刻的表現,當灰狼在季後賽碰上小牛, 老喬看到槍蜥的潛力,他那三場比賽平均得二十二分,5.7次助攻,雖然最後都輸球. So when faced with the prospect of signing one of three free agents -- Billups, Jeff McInnis or Travis Best -- Dumars took a chance. 所以當要從三個自由球員--槍蜥, Jeff McInnis, Travis Best 選擇一個時, 老喬選了槍蜥 "The position we were in as a team and an organization, you had to take chances," Dumars said. "I didn't think you could conservatively try to put a team together. I think you had to take chances then. "在當時我們的狀況你必須冒險,"老喬說"我不認為我們可以保守的試著整合這個球隊, 我想那時我們必須做一點冒險" "We had won 50 games, we were pretty good, but I thought, either we're going to stay and hover around this 45-50 wins -- we could be one of those 45-, 48-, 50-win teams forever -- or we could really take a chance and do something good here." "我們那時贏了五十場,我們很不錯,但是我想,我們要不就是保持在 45-50 場勝利的戰績 --成為其中一支能有 45-50 場勝利的強隊 -- 不然我們就得冒險做些能讓球隊更好的事  Try something great. 嘗試讓事情變得更好 Within three seasons, Billups had taken the Pistons to the NBA title as the series MVP against the Los Angeles Lakers. And then last season, he took them back to the Finals, where they lost in seven games to San Antonio. 槍蜥在活塞的三個球季中,前年帶領活塞拿下總冠軍並獲選總冠軍賽的最有價值球員, 去年活塞同樣戰到總冠軍賽,在最後一刻才輸給了馬刺 Billups considers the championship season the best overall of his career. But he thinks he has reached a new height in his personal game this season. He is averaging career bests in points (18.9) and assists (8.5) and has led the Pistons to an NBA-best 42-9 record. 槍蜥曾想總冠軍的那一年是他生涯的最高點了,但是他在本季再衝向一個新高, 他平均得分十八點九分,八點五次助攻,這是他職業生涯最好的紀錄, 並且還帶領活塞在上半季拿下四十二勝九敗的龍頭位置 Those days of disappointment now seem far away. 那段失意的日子好像已經是很久之前的事了 "I'm very happy with where I'm at and where we're at as a team right now and as a person," Billups said. "I'm just happy. I couldn't be happier right now." "我真的很高興我們目前的狀況,不論是對球隊而言或是對我個人而言"槍蜥說 "我很高興,我現在已經高興到不能在高興的地步了" And while the on-the-court honors and attention mean a lot to a player who was once so close to giving up a dream, the simple act of hearing how much fans respect him for who he is, that's just as important. 對於幾乎要放棄夢想的球員來說這些場上殊榮以及注意意義真的很重大, 還有聽到球迷如何為他所做到的事而尊敬他,這些對槍蜥來說都很重要 "I get a lot of fans telling me they love the way I carry myself, and the way I interview and the way I speak," Billups said. "Stuff like that I really love to hear, because it's stuff that's outside of these lines and stuff that I was taught as a kid and reflects on my upbringing. "我聽到很多球迷對我說他們喜歡我的處事態度,喜歡我的訪談,喜歡我的言行舉止"槍蜥說, "我真的很喜歡聽到這類的稱讚,因為這些事反映我是如何被教養長大的" "People appreciate that. That's the kind of stuff that means a lot to me. That means a lot to me because that's me outside of basketball, that's me for real, for real." "如果人們賞識這些,那對我來說意義很重大,因為那些反映在球場之外的我的行為, 就是真真正正的我" -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 61.30.74.100

02/16 14:21, , 1F
推!!
02/16 14:21, 1F

02/16 14:33, , 2F
大推
02/16 14:33, 2F

02/16 14:34, , 3F
推~~~十億分之三秒XD
02/16 14:34, 3F

02/16 15:22, , 4F
有看有推.
02/16 15:22, 4F