[外電] Pistons prove doubters wrong

看板Pistons作者 (台北不是我的家)時間18年前 (2006/02/15 18:47), 編輯推噓7(700)
留言7則, 7人參與, 最新討論串1/1
原文出處: http://0rz.net/5014Y -- AUBURN HILLS -- Coach Flip Saunders has surrendered to the reality that, no matter how much success his Pistons team might have, somebody will always find something to complain about. 奧本山訊 -- 老桑教練已經向這樣的事實投降,不管他執教的活塞隊會拿到幾場勝利 ,總有些人還是會一直找出一些事情來抱怨。 "It's a funny thing," he said before the Pistons put an 85-71 whipping on the New Jersey Nets Tuesday. "At the beginning of the season when we were playing well, everybody said they didn't want us to play like that so early because we wouldn't have anything left for the playoffs. 他在禮拜二活塞以85比71痛宰紐澤西籃網前表示"這是件有趣的事,在本季初我們表現 相當出色時,每個人都說他們不希望我們這麼早就把盡全力衝戰績,因為怕我們到季後賽 時體力放盡。" "Now that we've lost a couple of games, they are saying we've lost it." "現在我們已經輸了一些比賽,他們就說我們已經輸掉了那股氣勢。" The Pistons had lost four of their previous eight, but still own the best record in the league (42-9). The recent losses prompted the Nets' Richard Jefferson to conclude that maybe the Pistons had lost some of their teeth. 活塞前8場比賽輸了4場,但依然維持住全聯盟最佳戰績(42勝9敗),最近的敗績讓籃網 的Jefferson下了活塞可能已經不再強勢的結論。 "I think they have come down a little bit to Earth after their fast start," Jefferson told reporters on Monday. "It is extremely tough to live up to that hype. Everybody was talking about 70 (victories) after 35 games. I knew they were mortal. I didn't think they were unbeatable." Jefferson禮拜一時向記者表示"我想他們在快熱、傑出的開季後,現在表現已經比較 接近一支存在於地球的球隊了。要維持那樣高檔的表現是相當不容易的,在他們打完35場 球賽後,每個人都在談論達到70勝的可能性。我知道他們也是凡人,我不認為他們是無敵 的。" The Pistons gave him and the Nets something to chew on over the All-Star break. 活塞給他和籃網一些東西可以在全明星週末休息時好好地去回想。 Chauncey Billups led the way with 19 points and 10 assists. Richard Hamilton, who celebrated his 28th birthday, scored 18. Both Wallaces contributed double-doubles -- Ben had 10 points and 13 rebounds, Rasheed had 13 points, 11 rebounds and three blocks. 槍蜥以19分、10助攻帶領活塞取得勝利,歡度28歲生日的RIP則拿下18分。雙蛙都貢獻 了2個雙位數 -- 班蛙有10分、13籃板,溪蛙則有13分、11籃板及3阻攻的表現。 The Nets, who have now lost seven straight road games and 10 of their last 11, got 18 points from Jefferson. 籃網已經連續輸了7場客場比賽,過去11場比賽也輸了10場之多,而賽前放話的 Jefferson則為籃網添得18分。 The Pistons blew the game open with a 14-0 run in the third quarter, keyed by the defensive work of reserve Carlos Delfino. Delfino, in the game because Hamilton had four fouls, forced two Vince Carter turnovers early in the run. He also blocked one of Carter's shots and stripped him of the ball. 活塞在第三節初以一波14比0的攻勢讓這場比賽大勢底定,而替補上陣的Delfino所做 的防守也居功厥偉。這場比賽中因RIP過早領到第4次犯規而上場的Delfino迫使VC在籃網那 波攻勢中很快就失誤2次,並蓋了VC一個火鍋,還把球叨走。 Carter finished with 13 points. The Nets missed 13 of 17 shots in the third quarter and scored 11 points. The Pistons led 71-50 entering the fourth quarter . VC終場拿到13分。籃網在第三節出手17次卻有13次未命中,該節僅取得11分,活塞則 帶著71比50的領先優勢進入第四節。 "Two years ago, this team won the championship and they were picked third in the conference the next year," Saunders said. "Last year they were in the NBA Finals and weren't even picked to win the division this year. We're one of those teams they always seem to shoot down, they shoot our guys down. We'll see what happens at the end." 老桑說"兩年前,這支球隊贏得總冠軍並被預估隔年會拿下東區第三種子的席位。去年 他們闖進NBA總冠軍賽,但甚至被預估今年連分組冠軍都拿不到。我們屬於那幾支總會被人 們低估的球隊之一,他們把我們看扁了。沒關係,大家走著瞧。" Saunders said, losses aside, he has seen very little slippage in his team throughout the first 51 games. 老桑表示,撇開敗仗不談,他覺得他的球隊經歷了前51場比賽後戰力下滑的跡象非常 之小。 "Of our nine losses, there were only three that we didn't have a chance to win, " Saunders said. "Very rarely do you play your first 51 games and have a chance to win 48 of them. From my standpoint, that's playing at a consistently high level." 老桑說"我們吞下的9場敗仗中僅有3場我們完全沒機會贏球。你很難有機會在打完前51 場球後拿下48勝。從我的觀點來看,他們的表現一直維持在超高水準。" Even the Nets would have to concede that point. 就算是籃網也必須承認那個觀點。 -- Final starter 最後一個先發球員 Saunders tipped his hand a bit before the game as to who he would select to start in the All-Star game to replace the injured Jermaine O'Neal . 賽前被問及會選擇哪一位球員來替補因傷在全明星賽缺席的J.O'Neal的先發位置時, 老桑輕敲著他的手。 "Right now I am leaning toward Vince Carter ," he said. "I think he deserves it ." 他說"現在我傾向讓VC先發,我認為那是他應得的。" Saunders said he wasn't worried about matching up size-wise. 老桑表示他不擔心VC對上西區怪物前鋒群時有身高劣勢。 "I am not concerned about putting guys out there by position," he said. 他說"我並不是以位置來決定把誰放在場上。" "I am going to play our four guys together. I don't want to separate them. Plus , Vince is a guy the fans always vote onto the team and he's been hurt and has had to miss a game or two. He deserves to start. We will let him and LeBron ( James ) fight over who gets to guard Tim Duncan ." "我將會讓球隊4名球員一起上場,我不想把他們拆散。加上VC是一個總是受到球迷熱 愛,屢次被選上明星賽先發陣容中的明星球員,而他已經因傷錯過1到2場比賽了。先發是 他應得的,我們會讓他和LBJ打一架來決定誰去防守叮噹肯。" Saunders has not decided who he will play with the four Pistons. 老桑還沒決定他會把那位球員派上場和他的4名活塞球員一起打球。 -- In the bonus 附帶一提 The Pistons are now a perfect 7-0 in the alternate red uniforms. Sadly, they can only wear them one more time. The NBA restricts use of alternate uniforms to eight games. 活塞穿著可自行決定穿或不穿的那套大紅球衣時的戰績是完美的7勝0敗。但令人難過 的是,那套球衣他們只能再穿一次,因為NBA當局規定那套可供選擇的球衣僅能在8場比賽 亮相。 The New Jersey press notes pointed out that in head-to-head matchups between Billups and Jason Kidd , Kidd is up 12-9 and has outscored him, 15.7-13.5. Of course, those numbers include games Billups played before becoming a Piston. In head-to-head matchups between the two since Billups came to Detroit, Billups is up 8-5 in the regular season (17-12 counting the playoffs) and he's outscored Kidd 17.4-14. He outscored Kidd 19-10 on Tuesday. 紐澤西的媒體做了一份槍蜥和J.Kidd生涯對戰表現的對照表,Kidd以12勝9敗領先且得 分方面也以15.7比13.5勝出,當然,那些數據是包括槍蜥還沒穿上活塞球衣前的。如果僅 比較槍蜥來到活塞後的數據,槍蜥在例行賽的部分以8勝5敗領先(季後賽的部分也以17勝12 敗領先),得分部份則以17.4比14勝出。在週二的比賽,他和Kidd分別拿下19分及10分。 The Pistons home game against New Jersey on Sunday, March 26 has been passed over by ABC. Thus, the starting time will be moved to 7:30 p.m. (from 3:30 p.m. ). It will be televised locally on FSN Detroit and nationally on ESPN. 活塞在3月26日禮拜天於主場迎戰籃網的比賽ABC將不會轉播。而比賽開始的時間將會 從下午3:30移至7:30,並在當地電視台FSN底特律及ESPN頻道進行當地及全國轉播。 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 222.250.2.65

02/15 21:42, , 1F
好久不見推
02/15 21:42, 1F

02/15 22:14, , 2F
外電大推!!
02/15 22:14, 2F

02/15 22:45, , 3F
推~
02/15 22:45, 3F

02/15 23:37, , 4F
k大好久不見!!
02/15 23:37, 4F