[外電] Strong man

看板Pistons作者 (台北不是我的家)時間18年前 (2006/01/03 18:54), 編輯推噓6(601)
留言7則, 7人參與, 最新討論串1/1
原文出處: http://0rz.net/fd0WN -- This week's Sporting News will feature the strongest men in sports. And among the strongest men in the NBA, naturally, will be Ben Wallace. 本週的運動新聞將著重於介紹運動界最硬的男人,而在全NBA最硬的,毫無疑問的就是 班蛙。 "Strongest man in the world," Wallace joked, when told of the feature. 被告知他給人這樣的形象時,班蛙開玩笑道"其實我是全世界最硬的男人。" At his peak, Wallace was bench-pressing 460 pounds. But, as a senior at Central High School in White Hall, Ala., Wallace weighed 190 pounds. His transformation into the NBA's version of The Hulk didn't start happening until he transferred to Virginia Union. That's where he discovered a small, dank weight room known as The Cage. 在他身體狀況的巔峰時期,班蛙推舉能舉起460磅(約208.4公斤),不過當他還是阿拉 巴馬州白丘高中的學生時,他只有190磅(約86.1公斤)。他的身材直到他轉學至維吉尼亞聯 合大學才開始轉變成為適合打NBA的巨人體型,在那,他發現了一個既狹小又潮濕,被稱之 為"籠子"的重訓室。 "I loved what that place stood for," Wallace said. "You didn't walk into that place unless you were dead serious about working out." 班蛙說"我喜歡那地方的名字所代表的涵義,除非你是拼了命地想要變得更強壯,否則 最好不要輕易踏進那地方。" The Cage, sadly, is no more. It has been remodeled and upgraded and now looks pretty much like every other college weight room in the country. But the legacy of The Cage, and Wallace, will live on. 很不幸地,"籠子"已不復存在。它已經被改良、重建,現在看起來就跟國內任何一間 大專院校的重訓室沒啥兩樣。不過"籠子"所代表的精神以及班蛙,將繼續存在。 "I used to play with the weights, but once I hit my sophomore year, I got serious," Wallace said. "That's when I got addicted. You know, you start seeing a couple of rips and you like how it looks and you keep working, and it goes from there. Now I am addicted. I enjoy working out. I enjoy being in the weight room." 班蛙說"我過去經常使用重訓器材,但從大二那年開始,我認真了。那是我開始瘋狂鍛 鍊身體的時候,你知道的,你看到一些兄貴,心裡面開始想著希望看起來能跟他們一樣man ,所以你持續地健身,也真的從弱雞轉變成為肌肉猛男。現在我沉浸其中,我很享受做重 訓的樂趣,也喜歡待在重訓室裡。" -- Not ready yet 還沒準備好 Don't look for Lindsey Hunter to be back on the court any time this week. 不用期待在本週任何時候能看到獵人重返球場。 "He's making progress," coach Flip Saunders said. "What will help him is that after Orlando (tonight) we have two days of practice. He will be able to have two hard team practices, and we can evaluate him after that." 教練F.Saunders說"他的狀況有進展,而對他真正有幫助的是今晚對上奧蘭多的比賽後 ,那兩天的訓練,他將參加2次激烈的團隊練習,在那之後我們會評估他的身體狀況是否已 足夠上場比賽。" A more realistic target date for Hunter's return is the Boston game Jan. 16. 將獵人的復出日訂在1月16對上波士頓的比賽會是一個較為實際的預期。 "My range of motion is still limited a little bit, but I working through that," Hunter said. 獵人說"我的動作範圍仍有些受限,不過我正努力克服它。" -- Fun fact 有趣的數據 The Elias Sports Bureau came up with a fun fact from the Pistons' victory over the Heat on Christmas Day. When Shaquille O'Neal scored 11 points in the first quarter, it tied for the most ever yielded by a center starting opposite Wallace. David Robinson did it against him in 2001 and, before that, when Wallace was with Orlando, Kevin Willis did it in 1999. Elias運動情報社對於聖誕節活塞打敗熱火那場比賽提出了一個有趣的數據,當歐肥在 第一節拿到11分,他追平了班蛙防守的中鋒在第一節得分的最高紀錄,海軍上將在'01年與 班蛙交手時也平過這紀錄,而更早之前,當班蛙還在奧蘭多魔術隊時,'99年由K.Willis創 下這項紀錄。 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 222.250.2.65

01/03 20:35, , 1F
你知道的,你看到一些兄貴 這句實在很好笑XD
01/03 20:35, 1F

01/03 21:40, , 2F
從沒任何一個中鋒在第一節 從班蛙手上拿到11分呀...
01/03 21:40, 2F

01/03 23:23, , 3F
推兄貴XD
01/03 23:23, 3F

01/04 01:50, , 4F
喔喔 法國的網球好手果醬也看活塞板耶XD
01/04 01:50, 4F