McCutchen tired of Pirates' losing

看板Pirates作者 (翹你的小鋼盔)時間13年前 (2011/03/01 23:28), 編輯推噓2(200)
留言2則, 2人參與, 最新討論串1/1
www.timesonline.com/sports/article_9db07986-43be-11e0-b35e-00127992bc8b.html McCutchen tired of Pirates' losing by John Perrotto It stands to reason that anyone who becomes a professional athlete is a competitor. And competitive people hate to lose. Thus, it is easy to understand why Pirates center fielder Andrew McCutchen is not completely satisfied with his first two seasons in the major leagues. It doesn't matter that McCutchen has the look of a future superstar and, in many respects, has already established himself as the Pirates' leader. The Pirates have gone 62-99 and 57-105 the past two seasons. To McCutchen's way of thinking, those hideous records have wiped out a lot of satisfaction he might be able to take from hitting .286 with 28 home runs and 55 stolen bases in his first 262 games. "I hate to lose," McCutchen said "I don't care if it's spring training, an intrasquad game or two square, I'm out to win in anything I do." Two square? McCutchen described it as a game played with a volleyball and two or four players on a court with two squares. The team that wins is the one that puts the ball in its square or sends the ball out of bounds. We'll take his word for it. McCutchen makes his living playing baseball, though, and he is hopeful that the worst of the losing is over. He is confident that the hiring of manager Clint Hurdle in the off-season will add spark to the team. "There's a different feeling here this year," McCutchen said. "We know we have talent and we're not going to settle for losing. We feel like we have some young guys here, who if we can continue to develop, can form the nucleus of a good team." It might be a stretch to think the Pirates will actually be good this season. However, the 24-year-old McCutchen is one of four players who will hit at the top of the lineup who are 25 or younger along with left fielder Jose Tabata, second baseman Neil Walker and third baseman Pedro Alvarez. McCutchen has proven he can handle playing in the major leagues. Now, the biggest question is where he will settle in the batting order. McCutchen has primarily been a leadoff hitter in the majors but Hurdle has been experimenting with him in the No. 3 spot early in the Grapefruit League season. McCutchen had started 190 career games at the top of the order and hit .283 with a .358 on-base percentage. Those numbers have risen to .302 and .390 in the 53 starts in which he has hit third. Hurdle says he isn't close to making a final decision on a opening-day lineup but batting McCutchen third "could lengthen our lineup and help us score more runs, which is something we really need to do." McCutchen says he has no preference for where he bats and will keep approach the hitting consistent regardless of batting order slot. "I just want to do whatever it takes to help the team win," McCutchen said. "I'm sick of losing." You can't blame him for that. -- 衝啊!!!!!!!!! -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 203.73.218.160

03/01 23:37, , 1F
McCutchen眉頭一皺 發現自己被交易了
03/01 23:37, 1F

03/02 08:29, , 2F
感覺海盜跟台灣一些企業好像 員工都做不久 = =
03/02 08:29, 2F
文章代碼(AID): #1DRH2n3y (Pirates)