[外電] Intensity high at Pelicans voluntary w

看板Pelicans作者 (C'est la vie)時間10年前 (2013/08/30 10:17), 編輯推噓6(602)
留言8則, 7人參與, 最新討論串1/1
http://0rz.tw/XiFEh Anthony Davis laughs when he tells the story of watching fellow 2012 New Orleans lottery pick Austin Rivers angrily exit the Alario Center on Wednesday, following a series of New Orleans Pelicans pickup games. After Rivers’ team had prevailed during heated 5-on-5 fullcourt play earlier in the week, Davis’ squad returned the favor Wednesday with a 3-0 sweep in games. Rivers’ entire squad, but in particular the 21-year-old shooting guard, was furious. 當禮拜三AD看到小河流生氣地離開Alario Center時,他笑著跟大家講事情的經過。一開 始是河流隊先前在5對5比賽獲勝,之後禮拜三的時候AD隊反過來橫掃了比賽。河流隊, 尤其是這名21歲的SG,怒了!!!!!!!! “Austin is a big competitor – as soon as it was over, he showered and left, ” an amused Davis said with a grin. “He didn’t say anything to anyone. Their whole team didn’t talk to us the rest of the day.” 「Austin是個鬥心很強的人,一旦球賽結束,他就是去沖澡然後就離開,他不跟任何人講 任何話,他們整隊那一天之後都不跟我們講話」頑皮的AD笑著說 Although Pelicans training camp is still one month away, the atmosphere during the team’s recent voluntary workouts has been closer to that of mid-season intensity. With a large group of players choosing to come to New Orleans for ultra-early preparations, they’ve nearly been able to put 10 current Pelicans players on the floor at once. For example, there were nine Pelicans at the Alario Center on Thursday, including Davis, Rivers, Tyreke Evans, Darius Miller, Arinze Onuaku, Brian Roberts, Jason Smith, Lance Thomas and Jeff Withey. 雖然離球隊訓練營還有一個月,但最近自願訓練的氣氛已經越來越接近球季中的強度。有 一群人選擇非常早就來準備,幾乎都能一次有十個鵜鶘的球員在場上。禮拜四就有九名球 員到場,包括AD、小河流、reke、D. Miller、A. Onuaku、B. Roberts、J. Smith、 L. Thomas和J. Withey。 “It’s very competitive,” Davis said of the intrasquad games, which will shift to the team’s brand-new Metairie practice facility next week. “There’ s been that competitive spirit. We usually switch (the teams) every day, but this week it got so competitive and everybody loved their teams, so I just told them to keep it the same. They were trying to kill us, and later on we tried to kill them. I can tell this team is coming along very well.” 「這是很競爭的,我們通常每天都會換隊,但這個禮拜異常競爭,每個人都熱愛他們的球 隊,所以我就跟他們說不如就固定吧。他們試著要幹掉我們,之後換我們試著幹掉他們, 看的出來這支球隊會很棒」AD說。(下個禮拜他們將會轉移到球隊全新的訓練場館) “I think this is big,” said Evans, drenched in sweat after running on one of the New Orleans Saints’ outdoor fields during a humid 80-degree morning. “It shows what we’ve got planned for our season. We want to be a winning team. We want to make the playoffs. We know it’s not going to be easy in our first year, but there is definitely a push in my mind to make the playoffs.” 「我想這很重大,這展現了我們對於球季是有計劃的,我們想要成為一支贏球的隊伍,我 們想要前進季後賽,我知道這在第一年是不容易的,但在我心中絕對是有衝勁想要前進季 後賽」reke說 “Our level of dedication is so high,” Thomas said. “Everybody’s really invested. We’re not settling for mediocrity anymore. We owe it to ourselves, the city and the franchise. We’re going to put in all of the work to get better.” 「我們真的非常投入,每個人都拚了。我們不想要只是平庸,我們會做所有的事來變好」 Thomas說 For new Pelicans like Evans, Onuaku and Withey, the conditioning, weightlifting and pickup games have been an opportunity to get more acquainted with teammates. Evans has friendships with Pelicans guards Jrue Holiday and Eric Gordon, but was relatively unfamiliar with the rest of the team, other than from playing against them in his four previous NBA seasons. 對於初來乍到的reke、Onuaku和Withey來說,體能訓練、重量訓練和對抗賽是他們能夠和 隊友們更熟悉的機會。reke和Jrue以及EG是朋友(按:這兩個都沒來啊...),但和其他人就 不熟了,前幾個球季只有在面對他們的時候才會碰面。 “I’ve played with some of these guys on the AAU circuit,” Evans said. “I just met (Anthony Davis), but he’s a good guy. We work well together and get along. Austin, too.” 「我跟幾個傢伙在AAU有一起打過,才剛認識AD,但他是個好人(AD:有必要發我卡嗎)。我 們相處的很好。Austin也是」reke說 “We’re developing (chemistry) well,” Davis said of his interaction with Evans, a pickup-game teammate at the Alario Center all week. “(On Wednesday) we ran a pick-and-roll play to perfection. He was like, ‘That’s how you run a pick-and-roll!’ 「我們之間的化學反應很好,我們跑了個PNR,堪稱完美。他就像是"PNR就該是這樣子"」 AD談到他和reke的搭配,這整個禮拜他都和reke在同隊(按:難怪AD提議說不要換了XDDD) “I’m very excited. This group works hard. Guys don’t have to be here. This is all voluntary. But everybody’s here to work. When you have guys on their own time who want to work, it says a lot about us.” 「我很興奮。這個團隊很努力,大家不用被逼的來這裡,都是自願的。但每個人都來這裡 訓練,當每個人都想要花額外的時間訓練,這對我們意義重大」AD說 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 36.231.16.51 ※ 編輯: eliczone 來自: 36.231.16.51 (08/30 10:33)

08/30 20:22, , 1F
08/30 20:22, 1F

08/31 02:17, , 2F
推! 希望他們感情一直那麼好!
08/31 02:17, 2F

08/31 13:04, , 3F
喔喔喔好熱血 鵜鶘加油啊~
08/31 13:04, 3F

09/01 10:32, , 4F
Rivers被TE輾得還開心嗎
09/01 10:32, 4F

09/04 00:40, , 5F