[外電] New Orleans Hornets plan to continue to build around Chr

看板Pelicans作者 (錦)時間13年前 (2011/05/06 16:59), 編輯推噓3(301)
留言4則, 4人參與, 最新討論串1/1
New Orleans Hornets plan to continue to build around Chris Paul Published: Thursday, May 05, 2011, 6:28 AM 原文:http://0rz.tw/aCyHL After his New Orleans Hornets tussled with the two-time defending champion Los Angeles Lakers in the playoffs before bowing out in six games, General Manager Dell Demps said the bar has been set. 與湖人的季後賽結束後,GM Dell Demps 有些計畫已經擬定了。 To raise it, he wants to improve the talent around star point guard Chris Paul. 希望能夠提昇CP3的隊友們戰力。 Despite the prospect of a labor uncertainty if a new collective bargaining is not approved by June 30, and not having a first-round draft pick in next month’ s NBA draft, the Hornets are likely to pursue improvement through trades and free agency. 雖然CBA前景不明,不過我們明年沒有第一輪選秀權,要補強只能透過交易和自由市場。 “If the right situation presents itself, we won’t hesitate,’’ Demps said during Wednesday’s news conference at the New Orleans Arena. “I don’t feel like our hands are tied. You can make trades now as long as your team is not in the playoffs. We need to figure what opportunities are going to arise. We don’ t want to think too quickly.’’ Demps說:如果是通往好的方向,我們將毫不猶豫。我不覺得我們現在情況是被限制住手腳 。還是可以作交易啊,只要球隊沒有在季後賽裡。我們需要審慎評估機會,而不是讓人覺的 躁進。 Demps identified re-signing power forward Carl Landry and the return of injured forward David West as vital. West, who suffered a season-ending knee injury in March, can opt of his contract by June 30. Demps認為把Carl Landry找回來跟把DX留下來是同樣的重要。 West, however, has not indicated what he may do. 不過,DX目前還沒有任何的表態。 “They are good basketball players, and we would like to grow with them and have both of those guys back,’’ Demps said. “Not only are both guys very good people, it’s very important to have high character guys. Demps說:他們都是優秀的球員,我們希望和球隊一起成長的這些傢伙都能夠回來。這不 僅是他們是好人,同時他們的素質相當高。 “We really want to keep the core together. David is a big part of what we do. He has got a tough decision to make. When we made the trade for Carl we assume the risk, we knew he would be a free agent. But we also had the opportunity to have him, I think, for 23 games and the playoffs.’’ 不管我們作什麼,我們都要把核心球員留下來,而DX是很重要的部份。雖然DX現在有著很 艱難的決定。當我們提出交易Landry來時評估的風險,我們就知道他將成為自由球員,不 過在經過23場季賽跟季後賽之後,我認為我們很有很大的機會可以把他找回來。 Even more vital is keeping Paul around long-term. Demps said they can begin negotiations with Paul on an extension this July, if a lockout does not occur. Paul can opt of his contract at the end of next season. 更重要的是把CP3留住。Demps表示七月開始我們可以和CP3談論延長合約,假如沒有談成, 那CP3過了明年將可以選擇跳脫合約。 Paul is the only player in NBA history to average more than 20 points and 10 assists per playoff game. Against the Lakers, Paul averaged 22 points, 11.5 assists and 6.7 rebounds. CP3是NBA歷史上唯一一位平均20分10助攻的球員,對湖人的系列賽,CP3平均22分、11.5 助攻和6.7籃板。 “I think we are building a team, and I think Chris is a big part of that,’’ Demps said. “I don’t think anybody in the NBA can win a game by themselves. We’re trying to build a good basketball team, and Chris is a very important part of it.’’ Demps說:我們正在建立一個團隊,而我認為CP3是最核心的那部份。我不認為任何人在NBA 可以靠自己一個人去贏球。我們正在打造一個優秀的團隊,而CP3是最重要的那部份。 After last week’s Game 6 loss, Paul said he was pleased with the direction of the franchise. He praised Demps for the trades made to improve the roster and Hornets Coach Williams’ ability in preparation. 上星期G6輸球後,CP3曾表示他很高興球隊正往正確的方向前進,他稱讚了Demps改善球隊 的能力和教練Monty的執教功力。 Last summer Paul said he would be open to a trade if the franchise wasn’t committed to winning. He jumped on the board after meeting with Williams and Demps, who assured him they want to win as badly as he did. 去年夏天CP3曾鬧出了轉隊的風波。不過在他和球隊高層坐下來談過之後,教練和GM同時跟 他保證,他們跟CP3一樣有奪冠的決心。 “We’re gratified that we were able to make some progress, and we’re certainly not satisfied with what we have achieved,’’ Hornets President Hugh Weber said. “That’s the culture that we’ll hopefully accelerate. When you build something special, you build for the long term and there are no shortcuts. You have to do things the right way.’’ 總裁Weber說:我們感到非常欣慰,我們能夠取的一些進展,重點是我們不會滿足目前的成 就。這是種養成,而我們希望能夠加快,當你建立了些特別的東西,你就必須眼光放長,這 部份是沒有捷徑的。你必須走在正確的路上。 To make a deeper playoff run and improve this season’s 46-36 record, the Hornets will have to improve their front-court depth, get more consistency at shooting guard and improve their bench.The Lakers’ bench outscored the Hornets ’ reserves in every game except Games 1 and 4. In Game 5, the Hornets’ reserves were outscored 29-14. No Hornets reserve averaged more than 5.8 points in the series. 為了讓黃蜂在季後賽走的更遠,以及提昇今年例行賽46勝36敗的成績,黃蜂必須提昇前場的 高度還有得分後衛的位置和替補的戰力。對湖人的比賽中除了G1和G4之外湖人的替補球員都 壓著黃蜂的替補打。G5黃蜂替補的得分為29-14。最終這個系列賽中黃蜂的替補球中沒有人 得分平均超過5.8分。 “I think you can always improve that area,’’ Demps said. “It’s something we will look at this summer.’’ Demps說:對於這個問題,今年夏天我認為你可以看到一些改善。 Guard Marco Belinelli, who shot only 36.5 percent against the Lakers in the playoffs, will become a restricted free agent this summer. If he gets an offer from another team, the Hornets can match it and keep him. 得分後衛貝里在對湖人的系列賽中命中率只有悲慘的36.5%,而他即將成為受限制的自由 球員。如果有其他球隊開給他合約,黃蜂將有跟著的權利。 Backup center/forward Jason Smith also will become a restricted free agent and backup shooting guard Willie Green will be an unrestricted free agent. Jason Smith也將成為受限制的自由球員,威力綠則是不受限制的自由球員。 Backup center Aaron Gray can opt of his contract next month. Gray則可以選擇跳脫合約。 “For us, I think it’s an obvious thing that Chris is the kind of guy that you need to put athletes and shooters around him,’’ Williams said. “It’s easy to say that you’ve got to get this, but in getting that does it fit with what we do? That’s the evaluation progress that is going to take place between now and when we do it.’’ Monty說:我們來說,我認為很明顯的是我們要將球隊核心CP3周遭的球員們搞定。不過這件 事情說起來很簡單,但哪些部份是我們必須去作的?這部份的評估是我們現在正在做的。 Demps said they are not going to pinpoint their emphasis to improve one area, such as at shooting guard. He praised Belinelli’s production, saying he had some big games and wasn’t afraid to take tough shots. Demps表示我們將不會去破壞自己的優勢地方只為了改善某一區塊。就好像是以得分後衛來 說,他蠻讚賞貝里的,有些比賽中貝里並不怕對方強硬的對待。 “If you look at his body of work and his history, this the first time that he’ s had consistent minutes,’’ Demps said. “We’re very happy with Marco. He’s one of the guys you root for, and I think he will better next year. Demps說:你看看他的身體條件和他的紀錄,以及一直以來始終如一的態度,我們很高興能 擁有貝里。他是我們支持的球員其中之一,我想明年他會表現的更好的。 “I want to make sure I’m looking at an even wider spectrum in just making our team better. Sometimes making your team better doesn’t always mean going for one position. I’m looking more at what is the best fit for the team.’’ 我想要確定能夠讓球隊整體變得更好,有時候讓球隊變得更好並不是說要讓某一個位置凸 顯出來,我得要看看有什麼是最適合球隊的。 John Reid can be reached at jreid@timespicayune.com or 504.826.3407. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 114.36.10.175

05/06 17:28, , 1F
推翻譯!
05/06 17:28, 1F

05/06 17:30, , 2F
CP3是NBA歷史上唯一一位平均20分10助攻的球員<=指季後賽
05/06 17:30, 2F

05/06 18:01, , 3F
嗯,是指季後賽 我漏掉了XD
05/06 18:01, 3F

05/06 20:51, , 4F
G5的板凳得分是黃蜂:湖人 14:29
05/06 20:51, 4F