[外電] Johnson gives Hornets some instant e …

看板Pelicans作者 (★Kira☆)時間18年前 (2006/02/27 22:35), 編輯推噓10(1002)
留言12則, 8人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Johnson gives Hornets some instant energy Former Tulane player making positive impact Monday, February 27, 2006 By Benjamin Hochman Staff writer http://0rz.net/9715A With his confidence as low as his scoring average, Linton Johnson III received a call from a buddy back home in Chicago, who reminded the NBA forward he was "the best player that nobody has ever heard of." 當他的信心就和他的平均得分一樣低落,Linton Johnson III,這位被譽為是NBA聯盟沒 沒無聞的最佳球員,在芝加哥接到了好友的電話。A dubious distinction perhaps, but the compliment stuck with Johnson , who was perennially inactive for the New Jersey Nets. Sure enough, Johnson was traded to the Hornets last week, and he scored a career-high 17 points -- along with 11 rebounds -- in his first game Saturday. 或許是猶豫不決的特性,讚美纏住了Johnson,這位被籃網隊擺在永久閒置名單的球員, 果真,Johnson上週被交易至黃蜂隊,而在星期六的比賽中,Johnson獲得了生涯新高的17 分,外帶11個籃板。 Then in his second game, the Hornets' 88-75 win at Portland late Sunday night, Johnson finished with four points and five rebounds in 15 minutes. He was also on the floor in the fourth quarter, when the Hornets, up 67-66, went on an 8-0 run to clinch the victory. 而在他的第二場的比賽中,也就是稍早對拓荒者的比賽,黃蜂以88-75贏球,Johnson在15 分鐘的上場時間內,他獲得了4分5籃板的成績,而當第四節黃蜂僅以67-66領先時,他也 在場上,率領黃蜂打出一波8-0的攻勢,並保住了勝果。 David West led the Hornets with 22 points and Chris Paul added 19 points, eight assists and five rebounds. Rasual Butler came off the bench to score 13 points, including two fourth-quarter 3-pointers. West繳出22分的成績領先群雄,而Paul也有19分8助攻5籃板的表現,Butler也從板凳跳出 來貢獻13分,包括第四節的兩記三分球。 Although the Hornets don't expect a nightly double-double from Johnson, he has been a pleasant addition, providing athleticism and attitude at small forward. And the Utah Jazz and Portland Trail Blazers have now heard of him. 儘管黃蜂並不期待Johnson每晚都能有double-double的演出,但他確實為球隊注入了活力 ,在小前鋒的位置上提供了熱情的活力與積極的態度,而爵士和拓荒者兩隊現在也見識到 他的威力了。 "He's an energy man," said Hornets center P.J. Brown, who was first introduced to Johnson when the forward played at Tulane. "I think everybody was surprised with the way he was putting it in the hole, but his energy on the glass, and his defensive intensity, I think that's going to be a help for us off the bench this season. That solidifies our bench." 他是個power man,黃蜂的中鋒PJ,這位第一個被介紹給Johnson認識,來自Tulane的前鋒 ,「我想任何人都會訝異他填補了我們的空缺,但他的活力與防守強度是不容置疑的,我 想他將會成為我們板凳上的助力,這將強化我們的板凳深度。」 "He surprised me -- I didn't know he was that good," Hornets coach Byron Scott said. "I knew he was athletic. I didn't know how active he'd be on the boards. . . . It's not like I had a whole lot of tape on him to watch, but the things I knew about him, I knew it would fit in with what we'd do." 「他實在太讓我驚訝了,我不知道原來他這麼猛。」黃蜂教頭Scott說:「我知道他運動 細胞相當好,但我不知道他在場上那麼積極……這跟我在影帶中所看到的他不同,但我了 解到一件事,他完全符合我們的需要。」 Scott, the former New Jersey coach, spoke to Nets general manger Rod Thorn last week about Johnson. Scott,這位前籃網教練,上週和籃網的總管 Rod Thorn談到了Johnson。 Thorn hadn't seen much game film -- Johnson played in only nine games this season, his third in the league -- but Thorn liked the way the kid practiced. Thorn並沒有看過他太多的比賽,Johnson本季僅僅出賽九場,同時也是他在NBA的第三年 ,但是Thorn喜歡這孩子的練習方式。 "He works extremely hard, active defender and he's very athletic," Thorn told Scott. "And he shoots the ball better than people think." 他相當的認真,是積極的防守悍將,同時也擁有優異的運動細胞,Thorn告訴Scott說:「 而且他的投射能力遠超過大家的想像。」既然知道還送給我們,不虧是"好人球隊"(遞) In Saturday's game at Utah, Johnson made two 3-pointers, and was 7-for-8 from the field. In nine games with the Nets, he scored a total of 11 points in 35 minutes. 在星期六對爵士的比賽中,Johnson FG投八中七,外帶兩記三分球,在他為籃網效力的九 場比賽中,35分鐘內總計也才得到11分。 "He's trying to learn, asking questions, which is great," Scott said. "He knows this is a great opportunity." 「他試著學習,並且提出問題,我覺得這樣很好。」Scott說,「他知道這對他而言是個 契機。」 "It's fun to get a chance to play -- after two years, you get kind of antsy and want to show what you can do," said Johnson, 6-foot-8, 205 pounds. "I'm just a kid who enjoys playing and wants to get better every day. . . . the Hornets basically run the same system as New Jersey, so it was an easy transition -- and I felt comfortable." 「很高興能有機會打球,睽違了兩年,我感到有些許的焦慮不安,而且想要展現我所能做 的。」Johnson是這樣說的,這位6呎8吋,205磅的球員,「我只是個享受打球的孩子,並 且期待每天都有所進步,黃蜂和籃網的運作體系基本上來說是相同的,所以適應上是很輕 鬆的,而我覺得感到舒服。」 His journey from New Orleans to the Hornets was fascinating. As a senior at Tulane, he averaged 9.0 points per game and 6.5 rebounds, seldom catching the eye of anyone involved with the NBA. 他從籃網轉到黃蜂的旅程是美好的,這位來自Tulane大學的學生,在他大三那年繳出9分 6.5個籃板的成績,在NBA卻很少受到旁人的矚目。 But after earning his finance degree in May of 2003, he caught the eye of then-Chicago Bulls scout Pete Meyers in the most unlikely of arenas -- in a streetball game. Johnson won the one-on-one tournament held by former Bull Randy Brown. 但當他在2003年5月拿到經濟學位後,他受到了當時公牛的球探Pete Meyers的青睞,卻是 在最不可能發生的地方,在一場街頭籃球的比賽中,Johnson贏得了前公牛出身的Randy Brown所舉辦的1對1鬥牛賽。 The Bulls signed him that fall, and he played a year in Chicago and last year with the champion Spurs, with a brief stint in the Continental Basketball Association. 那年秋天公牛和他簽約,而他在芝加哥待了一年後,隔年又為冠軍馬刺隊效力,在CBA聯 盟待了一段時間。 "I always saw myself playing (professionally) because it was something that I really enjoyed," he said, "but I told myself I wasn't going to follow it like a lot of guys who get caught up in the D-League and overseas -- I wasn't going to chase it like that. That's why I went back to school and got my finance degree at Tulane. Fortunately things happened the way it happened, and I'm satisfied and thankful for it." 我告訴自己要打球就要待在NBA,因為那就是我所熱愛的,不要重蹈那些被扔到NBDL或是 國外的那些傢伙的覆轍,那並不是我所追逐的夢想,這也是為何我回到學校完成經濟學位 的原因,皇天不負苦心人,我所期待的事情終於發生了,而我感到相當的滿足,內心的感 激之意溢於言表。 -- █ █ New Orleans / Oklahoma City █ █ I Believe In The Hornets ◥████ I Believe In Chris Paul █ █ I Believe In David West █ █ornets I Believe In........Me -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.167.195.50

02/27 23:32, , 1F
還沒翻完就不小心放上去了...晚點再補>"<
02/27 23:32, 1F

02/27 23:33, , 2F
想推這句succ062:籃網真是好人球隊^^b
02/27 23:33, 2F

02/28 00:10, , 3F
我也不知道原來他這麼猛 (  ̄ c ̄)y▂ξ
02/28 00:10, 3F

02/28 00:16, , 4F
不過 這小子是個小黑洞 兩場打了近36分鐘0助攻....囧rz
02/28 00:16, 4F

02/28 06:51, , 5F
這傢伙滿好用的 謝謝你~籃網!
02/28 06:51, 5F
※ 編輯: davidlacus 來自: 218.167.204.127 (02/28 10:25)

02/28 10:25, , 6F
補完了,請享用<(_._)>
02/28 10:25, 6F

02/28 12:05, , 7F
借轉Nets :)
02/28 12:05, 7F
NewJerseyNet:轉錄至看板 Nets 02/28 12:06

02/28 12:33, , 8F
賺阿...
02/28 12:33, 8F

02/28 14:56, , 9F
板上自JR,CP,Scott後..又出現David West了...XD