[新聞]Cards, Padres hoping for good starts

看板Padres作者 (Ferrari我來了)時間17年前 (2006/10/03 20:15), 編輯推噓2(200)
留言2則, 2人參與, 最新討論串1/1
SAN DIEGO -- Last year, the Padres barely made it out of the regular season to capture the National League West title. With their starting pitching questionable, the team's hopes against the Cardinals rested with their ace, Jake Peavy, who needed to give them a jump-start in the series. 去年,教士勉強的在季末拿到國聯西區冠軍。他們的先發投手是存在疑問的,全隊的希望 Jake Peavy對上聖路易紅雀。 This year, the Cardinals had to claw their way to the NL Central title, and with the starting rotation in shaky shape, they're placing all their hopes on Cy Young Award winner Chris Carpenter in Tuesday's Game 1 of their NL Division Series at PETCO Park. 今年,紅雀還是拿下國聯中區冠軍,用他那搖搖晃晃的先發部隊,全隊的希望放在賽揚獎 得主Chris Carpenter,在國聯分區系列賽第一場在教士主場PETCO PARK出場。 Peavy didn't win last year. He didn't make it through the fifth inning against Carpenter, leaving with the score 8-0, having allowed all eight runs on eight hits. The Cardinals swept the best-of-five series. Peavy去年沒有拿下勝投,他對上木匠投不滿五局下場,留下8-0的比數8支安打打8分都是 自責,接下來就被紅雀橫掃。 "I think Peavy is just as capable of dominating that game as Chris is," Cardinals manager Tony La Russa said Monday. "No matter what happens in [Tuesday's] game, I expect a tough competition in the next four." "我想Peavy是有跟Chris一樣支配全場的能力"紅雀的教練La Russa說。"在第一場比賽中不 管發生甚麼,我預期接下來的每一場比賽是一場艱難的考驗。" Last year, Peavy wasn't healthy. As it turned out, he was pitching with a cracked rib suffered during the celebration after the Padres won the division title less than a week before his first playoff start. Carpenter and Peavy are both healthy this year, as far as either manager knows. 去年,Peavy有傷。結果原來是,當Padres贏得國聯西區冠軍後的慶祝會去撞傷肋骨,距離 他季後賽第一場先發不到一個禮拜。木匠跟Peavy今年都很健康,兩邊的教練都知道。 "I'm feeling a lot better than I was last year," Peavy said. "No excuses. This time out, I feel as good as I've felt all year. The first half was a little bit of a struggle, but the second half, I've been healthy, making my starts without any interference physically. Mentally I'm as good as I can be going into the start." "我感覺狀況比去年還要好""這不是藉口,我狀況跟我整年感覺一樣,在前半段有一點點 爭扎,但到後半段,我很健康,身體無傷無痛的投我的比賽。在精神上,我跟我平常先發 感覺的狀況一樣好。"Peavy說。 Last year, Padres manager Bruce Bochy didn't know that Peavy was ailing. Peavy hid the injury from everyone except the team trainer, who treated him in the days before the game. This year, Bochy said Peavy's health is a major consideration. The right-hander had some shoulder soreness and slipped from 13-7 with a 2.88 ERA to 11-14 with a 4.09 ERA. 去年,Padres的教練Bruce Bochy不知道Peavy有病在身,Peavy隱瞞傷勢除了隊上的訓練 員外,他在白天比賽前還在為他治療。今年,Bochy說Peavy的健康是主要的關心事情,這 位右投手有一些肩膀疼痛成績從去年13-7 2.88era滑落到11-14 4.09era。 "You're right," Bochy said. "To have your guy healthy, it's so important for your club. And last year we didn't. But with Jake, we always wait until right before the game to make sure he's OK. We're trying to get through tonight with him." "沒錯""讓你的子弟兵健康,是很重要的。去年我們沒做到,但Peavy,我們一直等待直到 在比賽前我們確定他是ok,我們試著靠他帶我們通過這考驗。" Last year, Carpenter was a 21-game winner on his way to the Cy Young Award. This year, Carpenter is a Cy Young Award candidate, along with Padres closer Trevor Hoffman and Brandon Webb of the Diamondbacks, but Carpenter only won 15 times. 去年,木匠用他21勝換到賽揚獎。今年,木匠也是賽揚獎後選人還要再加上Padres的終結 者Trevor Hoffman跟響尾蛇的Brandon Webb,但是木匠今年只有15勝。 La Russa said he's already slating Carpenter not only for Game 1, but also for a possible Game 4 this coming Sunday at Busch Stadium. La Russa說他不只要讓木匠投第一場且如果有第四場的話將回到Busch Stadium讓他先發。 Carpenter said he feels no added pressure just because the focus is on him with Mark Mulder out for the season. After all, two years ago when the Cardinals went to the World Series and were swept by the Red Sox, Carpenter didn't pitch in the postseason. But the Cards almost went all the way with Woody Williams, Matt Morris, Jason Marquis and Jeff Suppan as the playoff rotation. 木匠說他感覺壓力沒有增加因為焦點放在他跟Mulder整年報銷,在這之後,兩年前 當紅雀闖入世界大賽但被紅襪橫掃,木匠沒辦法上場投球。紅雀把希望放在Woody, Moris,Marquis,跟Suppan身上。 "There's no question that [Tuesday's] game is a big game," Carpenter said. "It's bigger than April 14. But the way that I deal with it is to treat it like it's an April 14th game. I have to go out and pitch. The only way to go out and do that successfully is to be relaxed, have your mind and your body under control, and go out and do it." "毫無疑問明天的比賽是很重要的。"木匠說,"這比4/14號那場比賽還要重要,我會把這場 比賽比照4/14號的模式投它。只有一條出路且成功的話就可放鬆一下,讓你的身,心都能 得到控制,且再出擊。" source:http://0rz.tw/8e1XM -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.123.108.169

10/03 22:18, , 1F
好緊張啊 四點就要比了
10/03 22:18, 1F

10/03 23:02, , 2F
4/14木匠8局責失1分, 終場1:0吞下敗投
10/03 23:02, 2F
文章代碼(AID): #158bHFIu (Padres)