[外電] 太陽選擇了小後衛「魷魚絲」

看板PHX-Suns作者 (洪爺)時間7年前 (2016/06/29 04:33), 編輯推噓6(602)
留言8則, 6人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Suns go small by drafting Kentucky's Tyler Ulis 太陽選擇了小後衛魷魚絲 http://goo.gl/KvgIHV Suns general manager Ryan McDonough settled on drafting Devin Booker’s longtime friend and college roommate, Kentucky point guard Tyler Ulis, before Booker called him Thursday night to lobby for his guy. 當星期四晚上, Booker 在選秀會打電話給麥當勞,遊說他選擇他要的人之前, 麥當勞就已經決定要把他的老友與大學室友魷魚絲納入麾下。 McDonough pretended to guess names only a NBA draftnik would know. 不過麥當勞接到電話的時候還是假裝不知道 Booker 要的是誰。 “You know who I want,” Booker told him. 「你知道我要的是誰。」 Booker 說。 More importantly, the Suns wanted Ulis at No. 34 too. 最重要的還是,太陽在第三十四號順位選擇了魷魚絲。 The Suns, lamenting last season’s lack of point guard depth amid injuries, targeted Ulis as a first-round talent and resisted trade overtures from other teams to tab Ulis with their second-round pick. It is a non-guaranteed salary spot but Ulis could be a Suns backup point guard and/or a starter for their new D-League affiliate in Prescott Valley. 太陽去年飽受後衛的傷病與深度之苦,所以我們在透過第二輪的非保障約選擇了 魷魚絲,並且拒絕在這個順位把選擇權交易出去。魷魚絲很可能從太陽的替補控 衛開始打起,但也有可能去太陽新的 NBDL 球隊擔任先發。 Ulis, the draft’s smallest player at 5 feet 9 and 149 pounds, averaged 17.3 points, 7.0 assists, 1.5 steals and 2.0 turnovers as a sophomore on a Kentucky team that went through a makeover from when he shared a dorm room and backcourt with Booker. 魷魚絲是本次選秀會最為矮小的一名球員,身高僅有 5-9 ,體重 149磅。但他 在肯德基團隊中除了穿針引線還有跟 Booker 一起擔任後場時,平均可以交出 17.3 分、 7.0助攻 、 2.0 失誤的成績。 “Tyler Ulis at 34, we think frankly the only reason he’s there is because of his size,” McDonough said. “He’s SEC Player of the Year, SEC Defensive Player of the Year, high character, high IQ. IN some ways, I see a coach on the floor for a young guy. He went into Kentucky with all these great players around him last year and this year and just ran the show, just controlled the game.” 「坦率地說,我們認為魷魚絲掉到 34 順位的唯一理由就是他的身高。」麥當 勞對此並不諱言:「但他是 SEC 聯盟的年度最佳球員,也是該聯盟的年度最佳 防守球員,具備高素質,高智商。有的時候,我看著他,就像是看到一個在地 板上的教練,而他是個年輕人。他去年加入肯德基,跟一些傑出的球員一起打 球,而從今年開始把比賽變成了他的秀場。他控制住了比賽。」 Ulis, who wore No. 3 at Kentucky for his affinity of Allen Iverson, won favor with the Suns for his command of his teams, playmaking efficiency, speedy drives, toughness and, perhaps more than anything, his pestering on-ball defense. Kentucky coach John Calipari has called Ulis his Lexington tenure’s best “floor general.” 魷魚絲因為喜歡 Allen Iverson 的緣故,在肯德基選擇了"3"作為背號。他贏 得太陽青睞的原因來自於他對團隊的指揮能力、有效率的組織進攻、高速的推 進、韌性,還有也許比上述都更重要的──他對持球者的糾纏能力。肯德基教 練 John Calipari 曾經稱呼他是最好的「地板將軍」。 The Suns were undeterred by his size and a report of a hip issue that Ulis has discounted. Instead, the Suns see a tough winner. 太陽並沒有因為他的體型還有髖關節問題而對他的評估打折,相反的,他讓我 們看到一個艱難的贏家。 “He’s very feisty,” Suns assistant general manager Pat Connelly said after Ulis’ May 30 pre-draft workout in Phoenix. “He’s extremely competitive. I think part of it is people overlook him because of his height. That’s made him the player he is. He takes it as strength to build on. You can see the way he’s played at Kentucky and every time he steps on the court, he’s a warrior.” 「他非常爭強好勝。」 太陽的總經理特助 Pat Connelly 在 5 月 30 日對魷 魚絲試訓以後有了這樣的結論。「他是非常有競爭力的,我想人們可能常常因 為他的身高而小瞧了他,這讓他成為了一個他這樣的球員。他用這樣的評價來 作為自己持續進步的動力。當他在肯德基的時候,你可以看到他是怎麼打球的, 他隨時都在用自己的步伐撼動著球場,他是一個戰士。」 Ulis would give the Suns five Kentucky guards on their roster with Booker, Eric Bledsoe, Brandon Knight and Archie Goodwin. The Suns also traded for the draft rights to Goodwin at No. 29 in 2013 and technically drafted Kentucky guard Andrew Harrison last year and Kentucky’s Skal Labissiere this year as part of draft-night trades. 魷魚絲加入以後,太陽將擁有 Booker 、 Bledsoe 、 Knight 、 Goodwin 這 五個肯德基後衛。太陽在 2013 年曾經透過交易弄來 Goodwin ,而技術上來 說,去年的肯德基 Andrew Harrison 、今年的肯德基球員 Skal Labissiere , 也都是選秀夜交易的一部分。 The Suns were the first NBA team that Ulis visited. He arrived a day before his workout to spend more time with Booker, who he met when they were eighth-graders on the club basketball circuit. They chose Kentucky together and were considered inseparable as freshmen for the 2014-15 season. 太陽是魷魚絲第一支拜訪的球隊,而他特地在試訓的前一天到來,跟 Booker 整天窩在一起。他們從八年級的時候就認識,然後一起在 2014-2015 年選擇 了肯德基,組成了新鮮人後場。 Ulis has been around nothing but size in Kentucky practices over two seasons with Alex Poythress, Karl-Anthony Towns, Trey Lyles, Willie Cauley-Stein, Skal Labissiere and Marcus Lee. His case was helped by the All-Star season of another diminutive, albeit stronger, point guard in former Sun and current Celtic Isaiah Thomas. 魷魚絲雖然身材矮小,但他這兩年來共同練習的對象有:Alex Poythress、 Karl-Anthony Towns 、 Trey Lyles 、 Willie Cauley-Stein 、Skal Labissiere 跟 Marcus Lee 。同是身材矮小的球員,他也受到前太陽後衛, 剛剛打出一個全明星等級賽季的 IT 的幫助。 ”I feel like the game is getting smaller with the way the Warriors are playing, spacing the floor out, starting to rely on the 3-point shot a lot,” Ulis said at his Phoenix workout. “So I’m just working on my shot. Obviously, get stronger because of my size. But I feel like with the open spacing, I can use my IQ and the way I play with the ball screens and use my quickness to my advantage.” 「當勇士式的打法──拉出空間,嘗試投射更多的三分球──讓比賽變得更 小球化......」魷魚絲在鳳凰城試訓的時候提到:「所以我更努力在讓自己 的投射進步。很顯然,我的身高並不能讓我變得更強壯。但我感覺在一個開 放式的空間,我可以利用我的智商、隊友的掩護還有速度帶來優勢。」 Ulis roughly tripled his scoring average and doubled his assist average from his freshman season to his sophomore season. 在魷魚絲大二的時候,他的場均得分翻了三倍,而平均助攻變成兩倍。 ”If you’re a smart player, it doesn’t matter how small you are,” Poythress said at his draft workout. “He never makes mistakes. He always makes the right pass and knows when to shoot.” 「如果你是一個身材矮小的球員,那麼你多矮就不是最大的問題。」 Poythress 在魷魚絲試訓之後指出: 「他永遠不會犯錯似的,永遠知道什麼時候應該做出正確的傳球,什麼時候 應該把球投出去。」 -- 作者 bll135 (洪爺) 看板 sex 標題 [公告] 水桶名單 時間 Fri Jan 15 21:16:42 2016

01/15 21:51,
我幹死你
01/15 21:51

01/15 21:52,
欸不是啊 我以為我在黑特啊發錯啊爛mo
01/15 21:52

01/15 21:52,
新簽名檔GET!!!
01/15 21:52
-- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 220.134.88.52 ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/PHX-Suns/M.1467145988.A.9F0.html

06/29 08:36, , 1F
感謝分享
06/29 08:36, 1F

06/29 09:35, , 2F
還是不解 今天既然要選他,當初為什麼硬要送矮湯...
06/29 09:35, 2F

06/29 09:39, , 3F
因為Isaiah Thomas會吵著要先發,但是Ulis不會。
06/29 09:39, 3F

06/29 10:51, , 4F
Uils跟IT的打球風格不太相同吧...
06/29 10:51, 4F