[外電] Path of most resistance

看板PHX-Suns作者 (台北不是我的家)時間17年前 (2007/03/30 13:19), 編輯推噓8(800)
留言8則, 8人參與, 最新討論串1/1
原文出處: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/0328suns0328.html -- Someone needed to pass the ball to Raja Bell. That was the easy part. 有人要把球傳給辣椒標。那是簡單的部份。 The hard part was getting him open. 困難的部份是讓他擁有出手空檔。 "I actually look for Kurt Thomas," the Suns guard said after Monday's victory against Memphis, "because nine times out of 10, I'm going to be open if I come off him." "事實上我會尋求KT的幫助,"這位太陽後衛在星期一贏得與孟斐斯灰熊的比賽後說," 因為如果藉由他的掩護,十次裡面有九次我會獲得出手空檔。" Bell scored 29 points against the Grizzlies, draining 11 of 16 attempts and six of eight from three-point range. Bell在與灰熊的比賽中拿下29分,投16中11,而且在三分線外投8中6。 The stat line for Thomas wasn't as impressive - three shots, five points, eight rebounds in 24 minutes. KT的攻守數據並不像辣椒標那麼顯眼 - 在24分鐘內出手3次,拿下5分並抓下8個籃板 。 But it was the Suns' 6-foot-9 center and his sturdy screens that provided Bell open looks, boosting the Suns to an easy victory at US Airways Center. 不過是這名太陽的6呎9吋中鋒以及他穩健的擋人功夫提供了Bell出手空檔,也幫助太 陽在美國航空中心輕取灰熊。 "He has good timing," Suns coach Mike D'Antoni said when asked to explain Thomas' screening talent. "He's strong. He really gives himself up for the screen, and . . . (laughing) . . . he's probably played 35 years in the league. " "他很會抓時間,"當被要求解釋KT的擋人天份時,太陽教練M.D'Antoni說。"他很強壯 。他真的願意以自己的身體去幫隊友掩護,而且...(笑)...他可能已經在聯盟裡打滾35年 了。" On a team stocked with offensive talent, a screen is about as sexy as foot fungus. You'll never see ESPN analysts breaking down Thomas picking off a defender on the wing. Nor will you see the NBA adding a screen competition during All-Star weekend. 在一支充滿進攻天份的球隊中,一個掩護就像香港腳一樣不起眼但卻讓人心癢癢的。 你從不會看見ESPN的球評特別去提到KT在一翼幫忙隊友擋掉了一個防守者,也不會看到NBA 當局在全明星週末期間特別設置一個擋人大賽。 But once the playoffs begin and Western Conference opponents start trying to slow Phoenix in transition, Thomas' screening skills could elevate the Suns in the half court. 不過一旦季後賽開戰而西區的對手開始試圖減緩太陽利用攻守轉換之間取分的快節奏 時,KT穩健的擋人功夫將可以讓太陽在半場進攻能力方面有所提升。 Not that the 12th-year veteran would put it in such a way. 而不是由這名進入聯盟已經12年的老將親自擔負起攻堅的責任。 "I just try to make it as easy as possible for my teammates to knock down a shot," said Thomas, usually recognized more for another thankless job - post defense. "If I can give them that split second to get their shot off, for me, it's just like I took the shot." "我只是嘗試讓我的隊友盡可能有更輕易出手的機會,"通常因為扛下另一份無人感謝 的工作 - 禁區防守 - 而被認同的KT說。"如果我可以讓他們獲得一瞬間的出手時間把球投 出去,對我來說,那就像是我自己出手一樣。" Bell said he has benefited from good screeners in the past. Tyrone Hill was solid in Philadelphia. Greg Ostertag was good in Utah. John Stockton, Bell said , was one of the best screeners the game has seen. Bell說他過去就一直受益於優秀的擋人專家。在費城時T.Hill非常的穩固。在猶他時 G.Ostertag表現也很好。Bell說老史是他有史以來看過最佳的擋人專家之一。 But not everyone is so willing to sacrifice. For some, it's lack of desire. For others, it's attention to detail. 但不是每個人都願意去犧牲。對某些人來說,那缺乏了吸引力。對其他人來說,那是 需要特別關注才會注意到的細節部份。 "As a shooter, I know; believe me," Bell said. "If I set my man up, and I come off that screen and (the defender's) there, then something went wrong. "身為一個射手,我知道;相信我,"Bell說。"如果我要一個人上來,而我繞過他的掩 護後防守者還能跟上來,那一定是出了什麼問題。" "That's why you love to come off a guy like Kurt, because you know you'll be open and all you have to do is catch it and go into your shot. When you're second-guessing and trying to check and see if your man will affect your shot, you can't be a consistent jump shooter." 那就是為什麼你喜歡由像KT這樣的擋人專家來幫你做單擋的原因,因為你知道你將會 獲得出手的空檔,你所有需要做的事就是拿到球後穩穩地出手。當你必須遲疑或再一次確 定你的防守者會不會干擾到你的投籃,那你就無法成為一個穩定的射手。" Bell pauses. Bell停了一下。 "Wasn't Kurt in New York with Allan Houston?" "KT不是和A.Houston一起在紐約待過嗎?" He was. The two played together for seven seasons. Houston averaged 18.3 points during that span. 是的,他們兩個合作過七個球季。Houston在那段期間平均每場比賽可以攻下18.3分。 "See," Bell said, "a shooter like Allan Houston would love to play with Kurt, because he could just catch and shoot it." "看吧,"Bell說,"一個像Houston這樣的射手會喜歡和KT共事,因為他可以輕鬆地拿 到球並出手。" The only thing lacking is praise. Steve Nash gets an assist and the Suns run down the floor pointing or shouting, "Nice pass." 唯一缺乏的是稱讚。當S.Nash傳出一記漂亮的助攻,太陽球員們會跑過來指著他大聲 地說"傳得好。" Does Thomas ever get such love? KT曾經得到類似的愛戴嗎? "I tell Kurt, 'Good screen' before I tell Steve, 'Good pass,' " Bell said with a smile. "在我跟Nash說'傳得好,'前我會先告訴KT'擋得好'"Bell笑著說。 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 210.241.111.125

03/30 13:21, , 1F
頭推XD
03/30 13:21, 1F

03/30 13:22, , 2F
老科我愛你啊!
03/30 13:22, 2F

03/30 13:23, , 3F
他可能已經在聯盟裡打滾35年了。
03/30 13:23, 3F

03/30 13:23, , 4F
辣椒標 XD
03/30 13:23, 4F