[外電] Nash on short list of MVP candidates

看板PHX-Suns作者 (台北不是我的家)時間17年前 (2007/03/01 22:00), 編輯推噓6(601)
留言7則, 6人參與, 最新討論串1/1
原文出處: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/0227nash-ON.html -- PHILADELPHIA - To watch Steve Nash with a basketball this season is to watch Leontyne Price at the Met, ready to perform "Aida" in the late 1970s; Pele with the soccer ball at his feet, ready to pounce for Brazil in the mid 60s; Harper Lee at her typewriter, circa 1959, a book about a girl named Scout and a man named Atticus in her head: virtuosos all, at the tops of their respective games . 費城訊 -- 本季觀看S.Nash在籃球場上的表現就像在'70年代末期欣賞世上第一位揚名 國際的美國黑人女高音L.Price在大都會歌劇院準備演唱"阿伊達";就像在'60年代中期看 著球王Pele隨心所欲控制著腳下的足球,帶領著綠色閃電巴西隊在足球場上攻城掠地;就 像大約'59年左右,知名女作家H.Lee坐在她的打字機前面,腦海裡浮現的盡是那些關於一 個叫做Scout的女孩和一個叫做Atticus的男人的故事:上述這些大師,都是在他們所屬領 域之中的頂尖人物。 Such is Nash, the NBA's two-time most valuable player, whether on the fastbreak , after a made basket, in a halfcourt set, whatever. The basketball is an extension of his hands and brain, the court a dizzying array of geometric possibilities. Nash也一樣,這個連續兩年獲選為年度最有價值球員的籃球好手,不管是在快攻、攻 守轉換之間或在半場進攻體系中,都一樣表現傑出。籃球就像是他身體和頭腦的延伸,而 球場就是他展現各種令人眼花撩亂的幾何把戲的舞台。 He is the premier point guard in the NBA, and his Phoenix Suns, the highest-scoring team in the league, are in town Wednesday night to show the current 76ers squad what they aspire to be: entertaining, winning, title contending - while also helping to save professional basketball by showing fans what the game is at its essence: five playing as one. 他是當代NBA頭號控衛,而他所帶領的鳳凰城太陽,這支全聯盟進攻火力最旺盛的球隊 ,在星期三晚上正準備在費城大顯身手,讓擋在眼前的七六人隊知道他們對於自娛娛人、 獲勝、爭取總冠軍等目標的渴望程度 - 同時也藉由展現球賽的本質:五人合體、通力合作 來幫助挽回球迷大眾對於職業籃球的關愛。 "I don't know what to say about that," Nash said by telephone Monday, his team in the midst of an Eastern Conference road swing that went through Indiana last night. "I don't want to overdo it, but I think it's a great way to play, to read and react and not always think too much out there." "對於那件事我不知道該說些什麼,"Nash在星期一接受電話訪問時表示,他的球隊前 一晚才在東區聯盟中央組的印地安那溜馬主場成功演出絕地大反攻的戲碼。"我不想說得太 誇張,但我確實認為那是一種良好的打球方法,了解情況並有所反應,而且不要想太多, Just do it。" Nash, who turned 33 earlier this month, is once again on the short list for league MVP honors. Only three players in league history have won three straight MVP trophies: Bill Russell (1961-1963), Wilt Chamberlain (1966-1968), and Larry Bird (1984-1986). 二月初剛滿33歲的Nash,本季再一次名列競爭年度最有價值球員的強力候選人名單之 中。NBA過去歷史上只有三位球員曾經連續三年獲選為年度最有價值球員:包括'61-'63年 的B.Russell、'66-'68年的張大帥以及'84-'86年的大鳥。 And the Suns, at 43-13 before playing the Pacers, have the league's second-best record. They appear to be the only team capable of giving Dallas, at 47-9, a run for its money. 太陽在面對溜馬前的戰績是43勝13敗,佔居聯盟第二。他們似乎是聯盟中唯一一支有 機會追上目前戰績47勝9敗,本季目標直指總冠軍的小牛的球隊。 "I think we're having a better year," Nash said, referring to past Suns teams. "Potential-wise, we have more in the tank. We have more options. With Amare ( Stoudemire) back and Kurt (Thomas) back and Leandro (Barbosa) out there, and everyone being a year older and a year wiser, I think it could be the best team I've ever been on." "我認為本季我們表現又更好了,"提到過去這幾個球季以來的表現時,Nash說。"以 潛力來說,我們更有拼戰的本錢了。我們擁有更多的人選。阿罵和老伯回來了,而小巴的 表現也越來越出色,過了一年,每個人都更為成熟,都更有智慧,我認為今年的太陽或許 是我有史以來待過最好的球隊了。" Nash "senses that it's an opportunity," Suns coach Mike D'Antoni said recently. "He feels like we have a legitimate shot. So he's on the guys to step it up another level. It's not OK just to give up a layup. It's not OK to have a lackluster performance." Nash"感覺今年或許就是太陽年,"最近太陽總教練M.D'Antoni如是說。"他感覺我們今 年應該有機會,所以他全心投入,期待將球隊提升到另外一個更高的層級。只是切入順手 一拋不夠了,更不用說偶一為之的恍神演出了。" Nash is holding up his end. With Stoudemire, an all-star center, close to regaining the search-and-destroy form he showed before a knee injury last year, Nash is again leading the league in assists (a career-best 11.9 per game) and is well on his way to leading the NBA in that category a third straight season. Nash牢牢地把握住了他職業生涯的最後一段黃金時光。阿罵,這個全明星中鋒已經接 近了他前年膝部受傷前那種幾乎萬夫莫敵的無雙狀態。而Nash也再一次於助攻這項攻守數 據上領先全聯盟(並且是職業生涯新高紀錄,每場比賽平均11.9次),連續第三個球季盤據 在助攻排行榜第一名的位置。 Nash's 18.7 points per game is second to Stoudemire on the league's highest-scoring team. And Nash shoots a preposterous 47.8 percent from three-point range, second in the league to Miami's Jason Kapono. Nash 18.7分的平均得分在這支全聯盟最會得分的球隊之中僅次於阿罵。而他荒繆的, 高達47.8%的三分球命中率在聯盟中也僅僅次於新科明星賽三分球冠軍,邁阿密熱火的J. Kapono。 So Nash bristled when he heard TNT's Charles Barkley, among others, recently say that the Suns needed to cut his minutes (he plays a little more than 35 a night) and find a suitable backup point guard because Nash broke down as the season wore on. 所以當Nash耳聞TNT的球評巴爵士,還有其他人,在最近提出太陽應該考慮減少他的上 場時間(他平均每場比賽上場約35.3分鐘)並尋求一個適當的替補控衛(因為隨著球季進行, Nash的表現應該會隨之下滑)時,他不禁氣得怒髮衝冠。 "I'm playing what any star player would be playing," Nash said. "I feel great. I want to play as much as I can for as long as I can. I don't want to save for when I'm retired. I averaged 22 and 11 in the playoffs the last two years (and played 40.3 minutes on average). I've raised my game the last two years. I don't know where that comes from." "我的上場時間就任何一個明星球員來說都是再合理不過的了,"Nash說。"我感覺很棒 。我希望在我還能維持這樣的表現得這段時間都儘可能地上場貢獻所能。我不希望到我退 休之前還有所保留。我在過去兩年季後賽平均得到22分並送出11次助攻(而且平均上場時間 多達40.3分鐘)。過去兩年以來我的表現持續在進步,真不曉得那些沒根據的話是打哪來的 。" He thinks that it's residual chatter coming from Dallas, where Mavericks owner Mark Cuban balked at matching the six-year, $66 million offer Phoenix made him in 2004 - in part, Cuban said later, because he didn't think Nash could stay healthy. 他認為那或許來自達拉斯的閒言閒語,因為小牛的老闆M.Cuban在'04年拒絕與Nash簽 下一張六年,總值六千六百萬的巨額合約 - 一部份原因是因為Cuban在不久之後表示,因 為他並不認為Nash還可以常保健康。 A shoulder injury earlier this month cost Nash four games, but no one has worked harder on his body the last few years. His workouts are the stuff of legend, with Nash spending hour upon hour doing various stretching and plyometric exercises to strengthen his core. That's allowed him to continue playing despite a chronic back condition - spondylolisthesis - that causes tightness when he comes off the court, requiring him to lie on the floor. 月初的肩膀傷勢讓Nash錯過了四場球賽,但在過去幾年沒有任何人練得比他更勤。他 的自主鍛鍊情形根本就可以寫成一部傳奇故事,他每天花上好幾個小時去做各種不同的伸 展運動及增強式肌力訓練以加強他的身體素質。那些運動可以讓他不受慢性背傷 - 脊椎滑 脫症 - 影響而持續在場上奔馳,這種病症會讓他下場後背部肌肉僵硬,使得他不得不躺在 地上休息。 Even though Nash couldn't play in the All-Star Game because of his shoulder, he nonetheless rose for 7 a.m. conditioning sessions in Las Vegas with Suns trainer Aaron Nelson. 儘管Nash因肩膀傷勢而無法於全明星賽上場,當天他仍趕在早上七點起床,和太陽隊 的訓練員A.Nelson在拉斯維加斯進行訓練會議。 He's never been better, nor hungrier to finally win a title. Ironically, one of his best friends, former Mavericks teammate Dirk Nowitzki - a fellow MVP candidate - is probably his biggest obstacle to a title. They've gone their separate ways on the court as each of their games has evolved without the other . 他從未有過更好的機會,也未曾像現在這樣渴望獲得一枚總冠軍戒。但諷刺地,他最 好的朋友之一,之前一起在小牛隊打天下同時也是年度最有價值球員熱門人選之一的Dirk ,或許就是他在追求邁向總冠軍路上的最大一塊絆腳石。他們自從分道揚鑣後在場上就各 為其主了。" "I think I would have still improved" had he stayed in Dallas, Nash said. "I worked my butt off that (2004) summer. The improvement would have come no matter what. I just wouldn't have been an MVP player because I would have been trying to get Dirk the ball and let him be the guy. But we may also have won one or two championships by now." "我認為我應該更為進步了"因為他留在達拉斯,Nash說。"自'04年夏天離開後我不得 不更獨立,而進步則是必然的。如果我留在達拉斯,我不會成為年度最有價值球員,因為 我會讓Dirk拿球,把機會讓給他。但我們如果當時能繼續合作或許已經拿下一或兩座總冠 軍了。" -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 222.250.18.142

03/01 22:08, , 1F
最後一段 庫班看了不知道有啥感想...
03/01 22:08, 1F

03/01 22:10, , 2F
頭推~~
03/01 22:10, 2F
※ 編輯: kerrys 來自: 222.250.18.142 (03/01 22:46)

03/01 23:41, , 3F
這篇很難翻耶~~推
03/01 23:41, 3F

03/02 00:11, , 4F
世事難料...
03/02 00:11, 4F

03/02 00:12, , 5F
Nash和Dirk之間有太多太多的如果和假設了
03/02 00:12, 5F

03/02 00:17, , 6F
借轉Nash板~^^
03/02 00:17, 6F