[外電]How Indiana Got Its Swagger Back?

看板PACERS作者 (A story)時間12年前 (2012/05/22 03:30), 編輯推噓2(200)
留言2則, 2人參與, 最新討論串1/1
NBA Playoffs: How Indiana Got Its Swagger Back Eric Maroun http://ppt.cc/~H,@ 溜馬是如何昂首闊步地走回來的? So that happened, huh? 所以,發生了什麼事? Prior to Game3 of the Pacers-Heat series, my friend John who came to the game with me asked who I thought would win. My political answer was either Indiana close or Miami big. I simply did not see Miami winning a close game on the road, and I certainly could not fathom a reality where Indiana blew out the Heat. A little over three hours after John asked me for my prediction, the Pacers had routed the Heat 94-75, and all of the sudden they find themselves up 2-1 in this series. 在第三戰之前,友人John要我猜誰會贏得比賽,我禮貌性地回答,溜馬小贏或熱火大贏。我 只是單純地沒見過熱火在客場贏過任何比數接近的比賽,而實在無法預見一個溜馬會大贏 的未來.三小時多後,溜馬以94-75戰勝熱火,並在這系列取得2-1的領先。 Some random thoughts from the game: 對這場比賽的一些雜感: Coming from someone who wrote an article months ago calling out the entire city of Indianapolis for not showing up to games and finishing with the fifth worst attendance in the NBA, the crowd last night absolutely brought it. The 18,165 fans in attendance clad in yellow “Gold Swagger” shirts served as the poster child for the image the country should have when they think of Indiana as a basketball state. From the very beginning, it was apparent to everyone, fans and beat writers included, that this was going to be a playoff atmosphere. 幾個月前的一篇文章提到印地安那的市民不常進場看球,出席率是全NBA倒數第五。但昨晚 18,165民粉絲進場,所有人都穿著黃色的衣服印有"金色旋風"的字樣,可以明顯的感受到季 後賽的氣氛。 Roy Hibbert was an absolute monster. When Dexter Pittman was announced as a starter, the gentleman sitting next to me, decked out in a white and black LeBron jersey, declared the game was over and Hibbert was going to have a big game. While the decision to start Pittman, a guy who had exactly zero meaningful playoff minutes logged in his career coming into last night, was curious, to declare even facetiously that the game was over before it started was laughable. Three minutes later, the Pittman experiment was over, Indiana was up 11-2, and I had stopped laughing. Hibbert’s final line ended up resembling everything that Pacers fans could possibly want from their All-Star center: 19 points, 18 rebounds, 5 blocks, and most likely one massive pay day coming his way in the near future. Hibbert確實是個怪物。當Pittman被宣布要先發時,在我身旁穿著James球衣的紳士宣稱, 比賽已經結束了,而Hibbert將大殺四方。三分鐘後,Pittman實驗有了結果,溜馬以11-2領 先。Hibbert以19分,18籃版,5火鍋的比賽符合了溜馬迷的最大期待。 Where do I even possibly begin with Dwyane Wade? The jokes have already been made that he’s in the spirit of the Indianapolis 500 by bringing the Brickyard to Banker’s Life Fieldhouse last night and how it was actually Miami fans, not Indiana fans, who now wish he had been suspended for Game 3. But there is something far more serious going on than his woeful five point, six turnover, 2-13 from the field performance. Bob Kravitz of the Indianapolis Star tweeted at halftime that Wade might be sick while Brian Windhorst reports that Wade is being bothered by a lower leg issue that plagued him towards the end of the regular season. Whatever the issue is, it needs to get resolved as soon as possible because LeBron James simply cannot carry this team on his back at this point. Wade悲慘地投13中2拿下5分,Kravitz半場時在Tweeter上宣稱Wade是因為正規賽結束前 小腿受的傷影響他的表現,不論原因如何都必須盡快解決,因為James此時無法獨撐大局。 The Bosh injury is obviously huge, and Wade’s health is in question as well; however, at this point, the bigger concern for Miami is their mental approach. I haven’t had a chance to rewatch the game on DVR so I’m not entirely sure how much viewers at home could see it or how it translated, but Miami’s body language in the second half was arguably the worst I have seen from a sports team at any level of competition. LeBron walked out of a timeout huddle while Spoelstra was still talking to the rest of the team. Lethargy on the defensive end was present throughout the second half. And Wade was involved in a well documented heated “discussion” with Spoelstra in the third quarter. While I certainly don’t doubt Spoelstra’s explanation that these, shall we say, disagreements happen all the time, usually they are kept out of the view of a national television audience. It was clear that the frustration had reached a boiling point, and Miami is going to be in for a long series (or I suppose a very short one now) if this continues. Bosh的受傷和Wade的健康都是大問題,但最大的問題是熱火隊的"心理因素"。熱火隊在下 半場所表現出的完全不像個職業運動球隊,James在spoelstra跟全隊講話時走開, Lethargy的爛防守,Wade頂撞了spoelstra,顯然這問題已經到達了沸點,而熱火隊在這漫長 的系列將會持續受到影響,如果這情形繼續,這系列可能很快告終。 Wade, Shane Battier, and Pittman a.k.a. 60% of Miami’s starting lineup finished a combined 2-22 from the field, scored five points, and turned the ball over six times. Looking simply at the box score and seeing Battier’s 0-6 from beyond the arc, 0-7 from the field overall performance doesn’t even come close to telling the full story. Battier was wide open on many of his shots that he flat out missed, and missed badly. If his legs aren’t totally gone, they’re rapidly approaching that point which does not bode well for Miami’s biggest offseason acquisition last year. Wade, Battier, Pittman,這先發三人的合計投22中2,得了5分,發生6次失誤. Battier 不止投丟了許多球,許多還是大空擋,而且差的遠了,這可能表示去年休季將他簽下是失敗 的。 On the positive side for Miami, Mario “Super Nintendo” Chalmers was outstanding for the Heat tonight. Finally, someone on the Heat outside of Wade and LeBron stepped up in a game. Unfortunately, Chalmers came up big when Wade was non-existent. Chalmers frequently found himself getting into the paint and converting opportunities there as he finished 8-9 in the painted area. In particular, he continued to get floaters off between the free throw line and restricted area going 4-5 from that area on the floor. Miami desperately needs him to be his Game 3, Dr. Jekyll doppelganger as opposed to his Game 2, five point, Mr. Hyde self. 對熱火好的地方,Chalmers表現的很亮眼,總算有Wade和James之外的人挺身而出,在禁區投 9中8,,並在罰球線附近拋5中4.不幸的是,這場比賽Wade不見了。熱火隊確實需要Chalmers 今晚這樣的表現,相對於他在第二場得5分的表現。 Following a missed technical free throw by LeBron, Lance Stephenson made a choke sign in the direction of Miami’s bench. For a team that, for some unknown reason, deems it necessary to find even the slightest offensive gestures as an additional source of motivation for the playoffs, you can bet that Miami is going to try and channel that into a rallying point for the rest of the series. Maybe it will end up being nothing in the long run, but there are still no words to define how utterly stupid that action came across when it occurred. 當James沒罰進技術犯規的罰球時,Stephenson對熱火的板凳做了個掐喉的動作,不管是再 輕微的侵略性肢體動作,都可能點燃熱火隊的熊熊熱火。也許長期看來這沒什麼,但還是無 法形容這舉動有多腦殘。 Overall, it’s becoming readily apparent that if Wade and LeBron aren’t clicking on the same night, Miami does not stand a chance to beat the Pacers. That being said, this series is far from over. As impressive as last night’s performance was by Indiana, it still only counts for one win. It’s very possible that Miami spends the next two days regrouping and comes out Sunday guns-blazing therefore reclaiming home court advantage as they head back to South Beach. If they don’t, however, you can pretty much say goodbye to the Heat that you’re used to because a second round ousting at the hands of Indiana almost assures that at least one of the LeBron-Wade-Bosh-Spoelstra combination will not be on Miami’s payroll when the 2012 season tips off. 整體來說,如果Wade和James沒同時運作正常,熱火隊將沒有任何機會擊敗溜馬,昨晚溜馬的 大勝也只是一場勝利,很有可能熱火隊在接下來的兩天重新控制戰局並取回主場優勢.如果 不,那在面對第二輪被溜馬淘汰的結果後,James+Wade+Bosh+Spoelstra的組合將解體。 In the short term though, the momentum is completely on Indiana’s side heading into Game 4. They said they weren’t intimidated by the Heat coming into the series, and the first three games have done nothing but support that claim. Danny Granger and David West earning techinicals last night kept up the chippiness that’s been present all series long and sent a message that Indiana was not scared of the Heatles. That attitude permeated throughout the arena, and whether you were in person for it or watching on TV, one thing was becoming readily apparent. For the first time since Reggie Miller retired, Indiana officially has its swagger back. 短期而言,氣勢是在溜馬這邊的。在三場比賽結束後,溜馬證實了他們所宣稱的,他們並不 畏懼熱火。Granger和West的技術犯規,都顯示了他們並無任何畏懼,而這氣氛彌漫整個球 場.在Reggie Miller退休後,首次我們感受到了溜馬隊的昂首闊步。 -- 半夜睡不著來翻外電,結果翻得不太順, 其實這是第三戰後的舊聞了, 如果覺得翻得很爛,睡醒我再自D -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 210.242.37.145

05/22 08:43, , 1F
謝謝翻譯 這篇文章結尾令人熱血沸騰!
05/22 08:43, 1F

05/22 15:53, , 2F
大推啊,不過真的要把Wade第三場表現當撿到,繼續加油
05/22 15:53, 2F
文章代碼(AID): #1FkfVQ9D (PACERS)