[閒聊] JAX: NETS AXED ME BECAUSE OF MARBURY

看板PACERS作者 (光說不練,夠白爛 XD)時間18年前 (2006/04/25 22:43), 編輯推噓0(001)
留言1則, 1人參與, 最新討論串1/1
April 25, 2006 -- For the first time, Pacers guard Stephen Jackson has claimed the Nets got rid of him after his productive rookie season in 2000-2001 because of his relationship with Stephon Marbury. Jackson, who shut down the Nets' Vince Carter in Game 1 of their playoff series, believed the Nets rooted out all things connected to Marbury. "It did [bother me] because I made the rookie all-star team," Jackson said after Pacers' practice at an Upper East Side health club. "I was in the top five in rookie scoring that year. It had more to do with basketball because I was doing my job. I think it had more to do with me hanging out with Marbury. The organization and Marbury were parting ways." It was guilt by association. "He was like my big brother," Jackson said of Marbury. "Took me under his wing, showed me a lot. I was with him all the time. Everything he did, I did. The team wasn't winning with Marbury. They wanted a clean slate." The Nets privately contend they cut Jackson because he reverted to making the same mistakes repeatedly on both ends. After shooting 12 of 33 Sunday, Carter wasn't handing out bouquets to Jackson either for his defense, saying it was all his fault, not the defense. "We won," Jackson said. "I couldn't care less what he says - 33 shots, 31 points. I felt I did my job. My team thought I did my job. That's all that's important to me." With Ron Artest in Sacramento - getting suspended yesterday again no less - Jackson has became Indiana's perimeter defensive stopper. "I know I got to be the guy who guards the best player on the other team every night," Jackson said. "And I take that challenge to heart." In the Pacers' locker room after Game 1, two of their young players were joking about Carter's insane shot total. "He really took 33 shots?" one Pacer bellowed. Jackson, known as a gunner, said he'd never came close to that number. Jackson believes his highest shot total was 28 for Atlanta, resulting in 42 points two years ago. "I felt we made him take a lot of tough shots," Jackson said. "But at the same time, he wasn't in his comfort zone. Vince is a great player. When he's on, he's one of the hardest players to stop. So you got to hope a guy like that misses some shots." Jackson is still in touch with Marbury. "He just wants play basketball and be where he's wanted and understand the coach," Jackson said. "He still wants to play here." -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 203.73.50.81

04/25 23:06, , 1F
這個垃圾話老實說扯得有點遠啦..XD
04/25 23:06, 1F
文章代碼(AID): #14JZM9Hm (PACERS)