Re: Harrington: I'm ready to start

看板PACERS作者 ('''''')時間20年前 (2003/10/14 22:41), 編輯推噓2(200)
留言2則, 2人參與, 最新討論串1/1
※ 引述《yushi (瓶子)》之銘言: : 標題: Harrington: I'm ready to start : 時間: Tue Oct 14 14:45:55 2003 我翻的很慢 希望不要有人也正好在翻衝到這樣XD : : : 來做點功課吧,這一篇談哈寶寶的文章不錯,晚點再來聊。^^ : : -- : : http://www.indystar.com/print/articles/3/083208-1753-039.html : : Harrington: I'm ready to start : Rejuvenated forward says he will accept any role the Pacers : give him when season starts. 小哈:給我先發啦(吼~)!!! 這個重新站起的前鋒說,開季後他將會接受球隊給他的任何角色 : : By Mark Montieth : mark.montieth@indystar.com : October 14, 2003 : : : Some people in the Indiana Pacers' front office believe Al Harrington : will contend for NBA Sixth Man of the Year honors. 溜馬隊的某些高層人員相信,小哈將會掙得年度最佳第六人。(嗯嗯沒錯) : : It's a nice compliment, but Harrington would rather hear his name : called when the starting lineup is introduced Oct. 29 at Detroit. 雖然這是一個很大的肯定,但小哈寧可在10.29號對上底特律時,看到他的名字 在先發名單上。(嗚~~) : : Harrington's unbridled enthusiasm, ambition and optimism have inspired : far greater goals for himself than becoming one of the NBA's top : reserves. Sixth man? He thinks more along the lines of being the man. 小哈無羈無束的個性,對籃球的狂熱,樂觀的態度和抱負,使他有比成為NBA最佳 第六人更高的志向───他想成為球場上的The Man : : "He wanted to be an All-Star the first week he was here," recalled : Pacers president of basketball operations Larry Bird, who coached : Harrington as a rookie. 籃球事務總裁、也是小哈菜鳥球季的教練鳥哥回憶道;       『他一開始來這的第一個禮拜是想成為一個All-Star』 : : The 6-9 forward will again have patience thrust upon him -- in the : course of games, when he'll be expected to avoid forcing the issue : so often, and in the context of his career, where the 23-year-old : veteran of five seasons will have to continue making progress. 這個6-9、23歲的前鋒要再更加有耐性──當在比賽中,我們期待他可以多避免些 爭議裡,並在他的第五個球季中能看到他持續進步。 : : "I really want to start, but if it takes me being a sixth man for : another year I'll do it -- and be happy with it," said Harrington, : whose Pacers will play a preseason game at Chicago tonight. "As long : as I can play and be productive, I'll be happy with it. 『我真的真的真的想要先發,但現實上可能我會當一季的第六人,我也樂意。』 小哈說道,他在今晚的季前熱身賽將面對公牛。 『只要我能打並且對球隊有幫助,我會樂於接受現實。』 (類似的話好像常聽到耶...) : "It's funny how things happen, so I'll wait it out. I'll be starting : soon enough." : 任何事都可能發生,所以我會一直等待。到時我可以立刻準備上場 : Coach Rick Carlisle has not ruled out Harrington's chances of starting : this season, but the most likely scenario is a repeat of the past two : seasons and the first two preseason games. That would mean coming off : the bench but playing extensive minutes. : 卡大教練還沒有將小哈先發的可能性排除在外,不過最有可能的發展也許和 過去兩季差不多,像前兩場熱身賽一樣。這意謂著也許又是打比較久的板凳 球員的角色。 : Harrington has played more minutes than everyone but forward Ron Artest : in the first two exhibition games and ranks second to Jermaine O'Neal : in scoring with a 13.5 average. : 這兩場熱身賽,小哈是除了阿泰外上場最久的球員,並且得分13.5僅次於JO : In a sense, the versatility and enthusiasm that are Harrington's : greatest assets work against him in his quest to become a starter. : Carlisle, like Isiah Thomas before him, values the jolt and scoring : he can provide off the bench. 一般來說,小哈成為先發的資產在於他的多用途和他的拼勁。 卡大教練和前教練湯馬斯,認為他在板凳的價值在他提供得分能力和爆發力。 : : "The whole issue of who will and won't start is based upon different : things," Carlisle said. "Al's one of the top three or four players : on this team. Based upon that, he probably should start. But the : chemistry of a team doesn't always dictate that's the way to go." 『誰會先發誰不會先發的問題基本上是兩碼子事。』卡大教練說道 『Al是我們隊上最好的三四個球員之一。基於此,他應該先發,但是球隊的  化學效應不是這樣去做它就會發生。』 : : Harrington's complicated status is appropriate for someone who is : a contradiction at this stage of his career. He's a veteran, but : young. He's shown flashes of brilliance, such as in a 40-point game : against Atlanta last season, but also signs of immaturity. He's : already suffered and recovered from a major injury to his right knee, : but has so much life left in his legs. 小哈球員生涯的錯綜複雜就好像在舞台上一樣。他是個老鳥,但他卻很年輕 他可以光芒四射,就像對老鷹對單場拿40分一樣,不過也還不夠成熟。 他右膝已經受很嚴重的傷害並且治療復健好,但他還要用這條腿許多年 : : What's clear so far is that he should at least be improved from last : season. He averaged 12.2 points during the regular season in an : impressive comeback from the knee injury he suffered in January 2002. : But he faded down the stretch and flamed out in the first-round playoff : loss to Boston, when he averaged just 3.0 points on 21 percent shooting. : 從去年球季來看小哈還必須加強些什麼?他正規賽平均12.2分,而且是從一個令人 印象深刻的重大膝傷後復出;但在輸給波士頓的系列賽中他完全遜掉,只有3分和 0.21的命中率。 : Harrington says now his knee was only 60 to 70 percent of full strength : last season, but is completely recovered this fall. 小哈說現在他的膝蓋只有去年60~70%的力量,不過今年秋天會完全痊癒 (阿?不是已經好了嗎@@) : : "It affected me, definitely," he said. "I always knew I was never in : top shape. On defense, it didn't seem like I could stop anybody. It : always seemed like I was too slow. I was never at a point I felt like : I could dominate a game." : 『嗯,這真的很影響我』小哈說道。『我知道我不會回到過去的顛峰狀態了。  防守上,我總感覺擋不住任何人,總感覺我太慢了。而且也沒有感覺我打過一  場好球。』  : Following another summer's worth of serious workouts, Harrington came : to training camp lighter, stronger and proud owner of a healthy knee. 在一個夏天的緞鍊後,小哈變的更輕,更壯,並且滿意自己健康的膝蓋 : : He's more confident as a result, but the first two exhibition games : and Sunday's public scrimmage have only emphasized the contradictions : of his game. He scored a team-high 18 points in 25 minutes in the : first game with Chicago, but came back to hit 2-of-10 shots in 30 : minutes against Boston. 現在他更有信心,不過還是要從實戰中來看看結果。兩場熱身賽中,第一場對公牛 他上場25分鐘拿全隊最高的18分,不過之後對波士頓上場30分種僅僅只有2-10... : : The lingering deficiency, and the key to becoming the player he wants : to be, is to overcome the tendency to look for his shot more aggressively : than he looks for open teammates, and to be less reckless in his desire : to make something happen. 要成為他想成為的那類球員,關鍵在於他要改掉些小缺點,包括更加尋找空檔的隊 友,而不是更積極的出手;和因為自己的想法犯些魯莽的錯誤。 (就是別失誤啦~穩重些~) : : Harrington has accumulated more turnovers than assists in each of his : five NBA seasons, as opposed to Reggie Miller, who has had more assists : than turnovers in each of his 16 seasons. : 小哈每一季的失誤都比助攻來的多,和神米做個比較,在神米的16個球季中累積的 助攻都比失誤要多。 : "He's got everything that he needs," Bird said. "He just needs to be : patient and things will come for him. The older he gets the more he'll : realize that." 『他已經得到他所需要的一切。』鳥哥說道,『他只需要耐心,那一切就會很順利  ,他會慢慢了解。』 : : Harrington had five turnovers and one assist in the first two preseason : games, but Carlisle hopes to reverse the trend by changing his job : description. Carlisle isn't forbidding Harrington from firing up a : jumper now and then, but he wants to use him much like he uses O'Neal: : by posting him up and running the offense through him. 兩場熱身賽裡小哈有五個失誤和一次助攻(汗...),卡大教練希望藉由換個位置 改變他的定位。並希望可以像用小歐一樣多多使用他。 : : "It's important for our team to play to its strengths, and the real : strength of Al's game is in the post," Carlisle said. "When he's : playing (power forward) or he has a smaller guy on him on the perimeter, : I'd like to see him use his quickness and his creativity more. 『在我們隊上打出自己的特點是很重要的,Al的特點在於,在球場上我希望他打出  他的靈敏和創造力』卡大教練說。 : : "We want to keep this game simple and as often as possible we want to : put guys in position to do things well." : Even if that position starts with sitting on the bench. 在比賽中,我們想要讓事情變好常常將某人擺到某個位置,即使這個位置是從 板凳席上來的。 : 我完全在亂翻......= ="...... : : -- : ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) : ◆ From: 61.228.101.145 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 163.13.105.124

推 61.223.141.44 10/15, , 1F
辛苦了,給你拍拍手。*^_^*
推 61.223.141.44 10/15, 1F

推 210.68.232.4 10/15, , 2F
推鳥哥
推 210.68.232.4 10/15, 2F
文章代碼(AID): #_Z0itfj (PACERS)