Fw: [外絮] 魔術狀元 Paolo Banchero NBA Q&A 採訪

看板Orl-Magic作者 (內佛麵)時間1年前 (2023/03/11 23:47), 1年前編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 1年前最新討論串1/1
※ [本文轉錄自 NBA 看板 #1a2x53lu ] 作者: foolishbi (blackink) 看板: NBA 標題: [外絮] Paolo Banchero NBA Q&A採訪 時間: Sat Mar 11 06:37:52 2023 來源: NBA 網址: https://www.nba.com/news/qa-paolo-banchero-magic-rookie-season 內容: https://i.imgur.com/4nMxa2Q.jpg
( Paolo Banchero is the only rookie averaging at least 20 ppg this season. ) (Banchero 是這賽季唯一一位場均有20分的新秀) Being the first player selected in the Draft guarantees a fellow the fattest contract of any rookie in his class. It assures him of a significant spotlight and a fistful of headlines, whether good as a measure of his talent and potential or bad for any gaps between inflated expectations and actual performances. 身為被第一指名的狀元郎,同時得到最大金額的新秀合約。Banchero 肯定會受到鎂光燈 跟一大堆媒體關注,無論是吹捧或質疑的新聞。 Beyond that, though, little else is promised. Anything more — respect, individual achievements, winning, award consideration — has to be earned. That’s why Paolo Banchero has kept grinding for the Orlando Magic, with the goal of having his lofty Draft status translate into an all-around successful season for him and his team. 除此之外,狀元更應該專注在獲得聯盟尊重、個人成就、球隊勝利和獎項爭取上。這就是 為何Banchero為了魔術隊持續去挑戰,希望以自身的高順位天賦去帶領這賽季的魔術隊達 到目標。 In hindsight, the Magic’s decision to select Banchero out of Duke with the first overall selection looks like a no-brainer. While No. 2 pick Chet Holmgren got eliminated from this season’s rookie field by a preseason foot injury and No. 3 Jabari Smith Jr. has labored as part of Houston’s kiddie corps, Banchero has thrived. 回過頭看,魔術選Banchero絕對是最明智的決定。在榜眼Chet Holmgren因季前賽受傷休養 和探花Jabari Smith Jr.正處於撞牆期時,狀元已經大幅成長。 He has been the tent-pole guy Orlando needed, dropping into their roster of promising youngsters to almost complete the picture. A 6-foot-10 product of Seattle by way of one season at Duke, the 20-year-old Banchero has led the Magic in scoring 25 times, in rebounding 16 times and in assists 11 times. He already has a veteran’s size and most of the time a veteran’s demeanor too. 狀元已經成為魔術隊建隊藍圖中,不可或缺的絕對核心。這位20歲 6'10"西雅圖長大的前 鋒,經歷一年藍魔鬼的鍛鍊後,加入魔術隊有著隊內25次最多得分、16次最多籃板和11次 最多助攻的表現。Banchero已擁有NBA老將般的體魄和接近NBA老將的心態。 Almost from the start, Banchero has blocked out other Class of 2022 candidates, holding onto the top rung of the Kia Rookie Ladder. He is considered the favorite in the fast-approaching Rookie of the Year balloting, with team impact as perhaps his top selling point: At 27-39 heading into Thursday’s game against Utah, Orlando already has won six more games than a year ago, with 16 more opportunities. 幾乎從賽季初開始,Banchero就卡死今年Kia Rookie Ladder的榜首位置。目前是今年ROY 的最大熱門,對自身球隊的影響力是他最大的優勢。魔術隊目前 27-40的戰績已經比去年 多取得五勝,而賽季還有16場可以去努力取勝。 “It’s scary, it’s still so early in his career and he’s already this good, ” Magic coach Jamahl Mosley said of the rookie. “He’s going to keep getting better and better. Off the court, he’s just a cool dude. I think he fits in with everybody perfectly.” 魔術隊教練Jamahl Mosley:「這真的很嚇人,狀元在他職業生涯的初期就如此優秀,還能 再持續進步。狀元在場下也是一位很棒的小老弟,我認為他能很好的跟任何人相處。」 Milwaukee star Giannis Antetokounmpo has seen Banchero up close three times, with the Orlando forward scoring 20, 9 and 20 points against the Bucks. In the March 1 middle meeting at Fiserv Forum, Antetokounmpo got up close with Banchero’s size, too, stepping in to draw a charge and feeling the ooph! of it. 這賽季狀元已經對決過公鹿明星字母哥三次,分別得到20分、9分和20分。3/1在公鹿主場 Fiserv Forum時,字母哥做了狀元一次進攻犯規,親身感受到狀元的身材爆發力。 “I didn’t know he was 6-10, 250 pounds. He’s big,” Antetokounmpo said. “ I was 191 and they said 195 or 202, because I was too skinny. They had to lie, basically. That was another John Hammond pick. [Hammond, the Magic’s GM, held that spot in Milwaukee when Antetokounmpo arrived as the No. 15 pick in 2013.] “He reminds me a lot of Jabari [Parker]. He’s trying to play in the mid-range a lot. … He can dominate in the paint, he can shoot over guys, he can shoot threes. Sky’s the limit for him.” 字母哥:「我當時不知道他有這麼壯碩,6'10" 的身高搭配上 250磅的體重。想當初我新 秀年只有 191磅,實在是太輕了,所以團隊基本必須虛報到 195磅或 202磅。這會是另一 次John Hammond的精彩選秀。Banchero跟 Jabari Parker很相似,熱衷於投射中距離。可 以油漆區取分,可以一對一顏射,也可以射三分球。天空才是他的極限。」 ( John Hammond - 現任魔術總管,2013年時以公鹿總管的身分用15順位選進字母哥 ) Nothing is guaranteed, though. Of the last 17 players selected No. 1, for instance, only six ended up being voted Rookie of the Year. So before that recent game in Milwaukee, Banchero spoke with NBA.com about the triumphs and the challenges of his first NBA season, while shedding a little light on his personality. 不過事情沒有絕對的,過去17年的狀元也只有6位能得到ROY。而在近期對戰公鹿前,狀元 跟 NBA.com的採訪聊到了他新秀賽季的成功與挑戰,也同時透漏描述一些自身的個性。 Editor’s note: This 1-on-1 conversation has been condensed and edited. 原文編輯者: 以下一對一談話是有經過濃縮跟編輯的。 ===========================Q&A開始========================= NBA.com: Rookies want to get a toehold in this league, then establish themselves in their teams’ rotations and pecking order. The step after that is a big one — impacting winning. It seems as if you’re at that point. Banchero: That’s been a priority for me my whole life. Every level I’ve played, I’ve wanted to be real competitive. I come off as a mild-mannered guy but in my head, I want to win more than anything. So coming here, that was the biggest thing. Us being bottom of the league last year. And even before I got here, you didn’t think much of the Magic since Dwight Howard. I wanted to kill that narrative as soon as I could. As a group, we have great respect around the league, among our opponents. I’ ll bet if you asked any team that’s played us, they wouldn’t say we’re an easy team to go against at all. I’m just trying to do what I can to help. We ’ve got all kinds of players. We believe we can win. That we can beat anybody in the league. NBA.com :聯盟新秀們都希望能在聯盟中站穩腳跟,先讓自己能進入球隊輪替,再更進一 步去達到能影響球隊勝利的目標。而你似乎已經都做到了。 Banchero:取得勝利是我人生中最重要的事。從小到大,我只想成為一名真正的競爭者。 我給人的感覺像是溫和的書生,但在我腦海中,想贏的心態勝過一切。這是 NBA最重要的 事情。去年魔術隊是聯盟爐主。甚至在我加入魔術之前,魔術隊的魔獸世代結束後,大眾 已經看魔術沒有很久了,我想盡快把這些言論給扼殺掉。我們有得到其他隊伍的尊重,我 敢說沒有對手敢說我們是一支可以輕取的隊伍。我想盡可能幫助球隊,也擁有各類型的隊 友。我們相信自己可以贏球並擊敗所有隊伍。 Rival teams’ announcers working your games have said more than once, “The Magic are going to be a problem next season.” As a competitor, you never want to be looked at as the easy team or the easy player, the easy matchup. You want to have respect around the league. But that ’s not given — no one’s going to hand us respect. So it’s on us to earn it every night. I think we’ve been doing that — we’ve had some big-time wins. We’ve also had some heart-breaking losses. We haven’t had too many [blowout losses]. Teams are getting our best shot almost every night. NBA.com :其他隊伍的主播賽評不只一次說出下賽季的魔術隊會是一個麻煩 Banchero:作為一名競爭者,從不希望被看成坦隊跟軟蛋。想在聯盟獲得尊重。但尊重是 需要自己爭取的,而不是由別人施捨。所以每場比賽都要努力,這賽季也因此奪下一些重 大的勝利。當然也是會輸一些令人難過的比賽,但我們沒有輸很多大比分的球賽,每場比 賽都會盡全力取勝。 Did you catch teams sleeping on you guys? I wouldn’t say now. Since the break, I think every team has been locked in on us. But definitely early in the season. When we went on our winning streak of seven or eight games, the way we were beating teams, you could kind of tell. Teams were coming out sluggish. Or when you’d beat them, they’d have kind of a funny look on their faces. Losing to the Magic?! I think that’s slowly starting to go away, with teams realizing how good we can be. NBA.com :你覺得有隊伍看不起魔術隊嗎? Banchero:我認為現在沒有。賽季初確實可能有球隊覺得魔術 NGT,但自從我們連勝並擊 敗其他隊伍時。你可以看見那些輸球對手滑稽的表情,一臉不可置信的覺得輸給魔術隊。 所以輕視魔術隊的看法已經漸漸消失,其他隊伍知道我們的上限在哪。 What is the dynamic, being a top pick and dropping into a young, competitive group? Everybody’s eager to make his mark – are you rivals, pals, some combination? It was pretty welcoming. Starting with [Las Vegas] Summer League, the whole team came out there and we all went to dinner together. They came to the games and watched me play, and they were all very supportive. Once the preseason began, we started playing pick-up in August and September. That’s where we went after each other, but it was friendly competition. Definitely healthy. But no, I think we all pull for each other. We’re all competitors and everyone’s trying to establish themselves, but at the same time, we want to win. The best way to get recognition as a player is to win. As long as we come together and win, I think everyone knows they’re going to get whatever it is they want. Whether that’s recognition or a contract or whatever, winning affects that more than anything else. NBA.com :身為一名高順位新秀加入一支年輕且互相競爭的球隊的動力是什麼?大家都渴 望能打出自己的成績,你們彼此算是競爭對手或朋友,還是某種混合的關係? Banchero:球團非常熱情。從夏季聯賽開始,全隊都到也一起吃晚餐。看著我打比賽且非 常支持我。自季前的八、九月,我們就開始打 pick-up彼此互相競爭。算是健康且良性的 競爭。但我更想參與盡全力互相拉拔的模式。大家都是競爭對手,也想證明自己,同時大 家也想贏。身為一名球員,最好獲得認可的方式就是贏球。只要全隊同心協力去贏球,我 認為每個人都會得到想爭取的事物。不論是球迷的認同、球團的合約或任何其他東西,勝 利帶來的影響比任何事情都大。 I heard that when you were hurt, missing seven games with that sprained left ankle, you had to work to find perspective on that. True? It was a huge learning experience. That was my first time missing time in my life. College, high school, I never really dealt with injuries. So missing seven games, that was different for me. At first, I wanted to rush back and get my body back as soon as I could. But then you realize that’s not the healthiest thing for your mind or your body. So I took time to relax, took the rehab one day at a time. I missed a road trip, which was hard for me. Just learning how to handle myself and stay healthy with my mind and my body. If those two things are out, you’re going to struggle. NBA.com :我聽說你因為左腳踝扭傷錯過七場比賽時,你必須學習養傷並分析受傷原因? Banchero:真的是一次寶貴的經驗。這是我人生中第一次缺賽,不論是高中還是大學時, 我從來沒有面對過傷痛。缺席七場比賽這件事對我別具意義。起初,我希望能儘快重返球 隊,儘快恢復健康。但突然明白這對自己的身心靈不是最健康的處理方式。所以我開始試 著放輕鬆,逐漸進行康復訓練。錯過那一次客場之旅,真的很難受。當時只能學習如何控 管好自己的身體跟心態,要是這兩方面都出了狀況真的會陷入掙扎。 Here in Milwaukee, Giannis stayed and brought a championship to the Bucks. How driven are you to do that in Orlando? One hundred percent. Orlando as a city, I love it. It’s sunny. It’s quiet but there’s a lot to do with Disney and all that stuff. Being able to bring the franchise, like, a championship is a No. 1 goal for me and the team. Obviously, that takes years of failing and trying again – it’s not just going to happen overnight, it’s a five- or 10-year process, whatever it is. But I think we’re learning to put the work in. Maybe get there a little quicker. NBA.com :字母哥待在密爾瓦基,幫公鹿隊奪冠。你有多大的動力為奧蘭多做一樣的事? Banchero:百分之百全心全意。我熱愛奧蘭多這個城市,雖然這地方大部分只關注迪士尼 相關的事物。為魔術奪得冠軍,是我跟全隊的第一目標。我知道這需要多年的耕耘跟嘗試 ,不可能一蹴即就,不論這是五年或十年的過程。我認為球隊正往目標邁進,有可能讓過 成能縮短時間。 Have you gotten any feedback from Shaq, the franchise’s first No. 1 pick? He did reach out one time. I had worn a Shaq vintage T-shirt — pictures of him when he was with Orlando — and he mentioned on social media he appreciated it. NBA.com :魔術第一位狀元大歐,你有從他身上得到什麼回饋嗎? Banchero:有跟大歐交流過一次。我當時穿了印著魔術歐瘦照片的 T恤,大歐有在社群媒 體上表達謝意。 Typically, rookies only hear whistles when they’re called for fouls. How are you able to get to the line so often as a newcomer? I think it’s just because of how aggressive I am on the court. I don’t drive to draw fouls, I drive to score. So when you do that, I feel you have a higher chance of getting fouled than when you look for a foul. Just trying to be aggressive and using my strength and my size to my advantage. Be relentless in attacking the rim — I think that’s my mindset. And I try to be nice to the refs, do nothing crazy. Be a guy who’s easy to officiate. There are some guys who I don’t get calls from, but there are a lot of games where I am able to get to the line. NBA.com :通常新秀只會在犯規時聽到哨音,阿你這菜鳥怎麼那麼會買犯規? Banchero:我認為是我在球場上的侵略性十足。我切入不是為了買犯,是為了得分。我感 覺這會比單純要犯規來得更容易獲得吹判。試著利用力量跟身材優勢去攻框,這就是我的 心態。也試著對裁判當個乖寶寶,做一位受教的球員。其實很多裁判不太買單,但也滿多 場比賽我還是能夠上罰球線。 So how did you survive a 1-for-33 month from the 3-point line in February? [Laughs] How do you survive that? That’s something I’ve been talking to my coaches about. I’ve never been in a slump like that, shooting-wise. Shooting is one of the biggest things I need to work on. You’re only going to get better at shooting by getting shots up. You also want to keep the defense honest, so whether it’s going in or not, you’ve got to shoot it. But I’m confident they will go in. So No. 34 is going to go up — it might go in, it might not but I’m going to shoot 35 and shoot 36 and eventually, that 1-for-33 is going to look a lot better. NBA.com :你二月份的三分球怎麼那麼爛? 1-33的命中率 Banchero:(大笑)我其實都有在跟教練研究這個問題,我投籃從來沒有這麼爛過。投籃是 我最重要且努力練習的技能之一。只能靠投籃去改善投籃能力,也需要靠投籃能力吸引防 守者,不管能不能進,我還是會投籃,但我始終有自信能投進去。所以我會繼續投第34、 35、36顆,1-33的命中率肯定會變好的。 Are you gaining confidence from that distance? I’ve had my stretches through college and things. You just have up-and-down stretches. Earlier in the year, I had maybe a stretch of shooting 45% in December [18-of-39, 46.2% from Dec. 11-23]. That just shows you can be up or you can be down. You have to keep shooting and keep believing. You put in the work so when you shoot it, you’re confident it has a chance. NBA.com :你對自己的三分球有信心嗎? Banchero:我已經經歷過了大學的挑戰,人總是會有高低潮。我12月中三分球也有過一波 神準期 18-39, 46.2% ,投籃命中率就只是個數字,只需要相信自己繼續投籃,因為有練 球,投籃時我總是有信心能進球。 Coming into the league, people tossed out comps for you such as Blake Griffin and Carmelo Anthony. What did you think of that? I’ve heard a lot of comparisons with players I’m similar to. I think it’s all fun. I’m a new face in the league so people see me and say, “Oh, he plays like this guy. He plays like that guy.” It’s fun to see what people think of your game. But I’m not just like anybody. I’ve watched a lot of great players in my life and taken stuff from some of them, but I try to have my own flavor and add my own stuff. So that 20 years from now, people say, “ Oh yeah, that guy plays like Paolo.” NBA.com :人們預想你的模板是Black Griffin跟Carmelo Anthony,你自己的看法是? Banchero:我確實聽過很多我像誰誰誰的說法,滿有趣的。畢竟我是聯盟的菜鳥,人們會 這樣去談論我真的很有意思。但我並不像任何一個人,我從許多前輩的影片中學習技巧, 試著打出自己的風格並加入原先有的技能。到二十年後,人們就會說這傢伙打球很像我。 When was the moment this season when things really clicked, in an “I’ve got this” way? It was really my first 10, 12 games. I had a great start and that’s when I felt I had the hang of it. This is not an easy league by any means, so it’s not just going to be up all the way. I’ve had a lot of downs. But once you experience that, you know you can do it. That was huge for me, keeping that in the back of my head whether I struggled or whatever. You can start how I started or you can go 1-for-30 from three. You’ve got to be able to stay level-headed. NBA.com :這賽季哪個時間點,你確實進入了「我悟了」的狀態? Banchero:就前10、12場比賽的時候,我適應良好感覺有掌握到關鍵。 NBA絕對不簡單, 不能只是盡全力持續提升自己,我也經歷很多撞牆期。但只要能撞破它,你就會明白,自 己絕對能行。對我來說最重要的就是別放在心上,不管是撞牆還是什麼挫折。不論是跟我 一樣不錯的表現起步或是低迷的1-30三分球表現,只需要讓自己能保持冷靜的心態。 What do you consider your biggest weakness on the court? I would say my jump shot. I have a respectable jump shot but I wouldn’t say it’s the strongest part of my game. That’s driving the ball, being aggressive. Creating for others is another strength. But shooting is something I’m going to work on getting better at my entire career. I think that’s what separates the good and great players. NBA.com :你認為你在球場上最大的弱點是什麼? Banchero:算是我的跳投吧。我跳投能力還不錯,但這不是我賽場上最強的部份。持球保 持侵略性才是。為隊友創造機會是另一個強項。但投籃是我職業生涯中需要不斷努力去精 進的技能。我認為投籃是區分偉大球員跟優秀球員的指標。 How about off the court, your biggest weakness? Chocolate-chip cookies. I’ve been really strict trying to be on my nutrition — I got a chef and all. But cookies and ice cream, I find myself always going back to that. Something that was a weakness but I’ve got a lot better at is sleep. Getting the right amount of sleep was something I struggled with in college and through the summer, but since the season started, I’ve been locked in on trying to get the right amount of sleep and staying rested. NBA.com :你在球場外最大的弱點是啥? Banchero:巧克力餅乾。我有營養團隊協助我嚴格地努力控管飲食營養,但總是受不了餅 乾跟冰淇淋的誘惑。睡眠是我原來的大問題,目前已經改善很多,大學期間和去年夏天, 我一直無法獲得充足的睡眠時間,但開季以後,我持續專注在確保獲得適度的睡眠和保持 休息狀態。 Seems like the medical and training staffs, and all the knowledge about nutrition and sleep, have taken some of the fun out of NBA life for you guys. You can get away with eating bad for a while — maybe 10 years, maybe a month — but it’s going to catch up with you. NBA.com :聽起來醫療跟訓練團隊以及這些營養睡眠知識,已經讓你的 NBA生涯少了樂趣 Banchero:確實可以因此擺脫不良飲食習慣,但只會是一段時間,可能十年可能一個月, 可這習慣永遠不會缺席。 What’s the best advice you’ve gotten so far? I’ve gotten a lot. I’d probably just go back to what Jayson [Tatum, fellow Duke product] told me before I got here, that, “Being a high draft pick, you ’re going to have a lot of stuff handed to you. But as far as on the floor, you’re going to have to go take it.” Whatever you want, you’re going to have to take. Just keeping that in the back of my head. He told me, “Guys are going to come for you, being from Duke, being a high draft pick. Guys see that, guys know that.” NBA.com :你目前得到最好的建議是什麼? Banchero:我收到很多建議。但硬要選一個的話,我會選 Jayson Tatum 藍魔鬼學長給我 的建議「身為一名高順位的新秀,你可能會被強加很多期待。但只要你在球場上,你不得 不去接受它,不論你想要的是什麼,你都需要承擔起來,人們是因為你的順位跟學校來砥 礪你,懂的人都懂」我有把這個建議記在腦海中。 What do you make of Tatum’s season in Boston? I think he’s one of the best players in the NBA right now. Shoot, he’s coming off a Finals appearance. He’s starting to hit that real prime. He’s been a Top 15, Top 10 player, but I think he’s starting to reach that Top 5 or Top 3 status. It’s fun seeing the work he’s put in and it’s showing. I’ m sure he thinks he can get a lot better. NBA.com :你怎麼評價Tatum這賽季在波士頓的表現? Banchero:我認為 Tatum是目前 NBA最好的球員之一。剛打完總冠軍賽,準備開始全盛期。 他一直是 Top 15、 Top 10的球員,但我認為他已經開始達到 Top 5甚至 Top 3的程度。看 見他的努力正準備開花結果很有趣,我也相信他認為自己還能再進步。 What is your go-to meal? Probably pasta. Shrimp and chicken fettuccine before the games. Not like right before the games but for lunch. NBA.com :你最常吃的食物是什麼? Banchero:義大利麵吧。比賽前會吃海鮮雞肉義式寬麵條,不是說開賽前是比賽前的午餐 https://i.imgur.com/0NHPrHY.jpg
Favorite place on Earth? Outside of the gym? I’d say Seattle, where I’m from. Right at home. NBA.com :地球上最喜歡的地方是哪? Banchero:除了健身房嗎?我的家鄉,西雅圖。 You’ve got one shot at a time machine. Where do you take it? I’d probably go back to when my Mom used to play for the Huskies. [Editor’s note: Rhonda Smith-Banchero was a University of Washington star, scoring 2,948 points before playing professionally in the ABL, WNBA and overseas.] Go watch some of her games. Because growing up, every single person I ran into that knew my Mom would just rave about how great she was, how much of a beast she was on the court. I’d love to go back and see it. NBA.com :如果你可以用一次時光機,你想回去哪? Banchero:我應該會想回到我老媽在 the Huskies當球員的時候,我想看她的比賽。從小 到大,我遇到的每一位認識老媽的人都會稱讚她當年在球場上的表現,實在是太兇猛了。 特別想回到當時親眼瞧瞧。 Rhonda Smith-Banchero 是華盛頓大學球星,得了2948分,畢業後在ABL、WNBA和海外打球 ---------------------------------------- 心得和短評: 大中計,這篇文章實在是太長了==,總算是翻譯完了, 翻這篇的理由只是因為板橋羅有義大利國籍,,敬禮! -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 61.230.4.161 (臺灣) ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/NBA/M.1678487875.A.BF8.html

03/11 07:03, 1年前 , 1F
所以該餵他鳳梨披薩了嗎
03/11 07:03, 1F

03/11 07:07, 1年前 , 2F
真的很強未來大有可為
03/11 07:07, 2F

03/11 07:11, 1年前 , 3F
推翻譯
03/11 07:11, 3F

03/11 07:22, 1年前 , 4F
羅先生的媽媽當年有來台灣打過球喔
03/11 07:22, 4F