[外電] Prospectus Today: So Wang He's Right …

看板Orioles作者 (翔魚)時間17年前 (2007/07/11 21:44), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/1
※ [本文轉錄自 CMWang 看板] 作者: soaringfish (翔魚) 看板: CMWang 標題: Re: [外電] Prospectus Today: So Wang He's Right … 時間: Wed Jul 11 21:42:59 2007 ※ 引述《leddy (耿秋)》之銘言: : 原文 : http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=6438 : July 10, 2007 : Prospectus Today : So Wang He's Right, and Mr. Roberts : by Joe Sheehan 本日介紹:王很正點,Roberts也是 : Given that it’s Free Week, I guess I can put my intended catch-up Unfiltered : posts into this space. For the next four days, we’ll be running everything : here at Baseball Prospectus free, giving non-subscribers a taste of what they : can get for about a dime a day. Tell a friend, and help us grow! 由於本周有空,我想我可以把接下來要發表的新文章擺在這邊。接下來四天,我們會讓這 邊的東西暫時免費,以讓未訂閱的朋友們體驗一下每天花一角錢就能享受到的東西。 告訴你的朋友們,然後讓我們成長! : I spent Sunday afternoon in Box C342 in the left-field grandstand at Yankee : Stadium, thanks to some friends’ inability to use their tickets. This doesn’ : t sound that significant, but it is; it was just the second Yankee game I’d : attended since 1995. After enduring the 1980s while growing up in a Mets : town, suffering through the managerial turnstile and perennial August : collapses and the 1986 World Series, I moved away to Los Angeles and watched : the team that was a joke during my youth become a dynasty again. I : experienced the four World Championships in five years and the 12 consecutive : postseason appearances from a distance. 由於某些朋友不克到場,我在洋基球場左外野C342包廂度過我的周日下午。這聽起來沒什 麼,但是這是我1995之後參加的第二場洋基比賽。80年代在個挺大都會的地方長大,之後 制服組常出問題而一再在八月崩盤,最後在1986年世界大賽後我就搬到了洛杉磯,看著 我幼時很歡樂的一支隊伍再次建立起王朝。在另一岸的我,五年內就看他們得了四次世界 大賽冠軍,並且竟然連續十二年進入了季後賽。 : So walking back into the ballpark was exciting and strange all at once. First : of all, the sheer size of the crowd was a new thing. After all, when I was : coming to the Stadium regularly, you could decide to go to a game at 6 p.m., : show up at 6:30, and be in a Main Reserve seat along the baselines for $15. : Now, you can’t get into the lower bowl for less than $50, and you can’t get : between the bases without a credit check and a double-digit Q rating. 所以回到這座球場是件令人興奮但又詭異的事情。首先,這邊群眾的數量完全不同。以前 我常來時,你可以六點再決定要去看球,六點半到球場,之後用15元美金在壘線邊的座位 坐下。現在呢,我根本沒法用50美金以內的價錢進到內野。並且,要坐到最接近球場的位 置還有特別的要求呢。(有關球場部分大概說明,詳情有請強者補充XD) : The entire feel of the place was different as well. When I was getting to : 15-20 games a summer as a teenager, the team was competitive, but not : necessarily successful. Now, there’s definitely an arrogance about the : place, a sense that this is where championships happen; there’s almost a : sense of entitlement. I’ve often argued that people who say Yankee fans are : arrogant and spoiled have no frame of reference, that they forget the : 1982-1993 period that shaped half a generation, myself included. After one : day at the ballpark, I have a better understanding of the perception. It’s : not something I can necessarily quantify, just a sense, from the copy on : T-shirts to the stadium signage to the way the crowd reacts to events. 整個場地的感覺也不同了。當我十幾歲時一個暑假看了15-20場比賽,而這支球隊有競爭力 ,卻並非一定很成功。但現在,這裡卻瀰漫著一股自負,一種這邊就該出冠軍的意識。 我有時會跟一些人爭論,他們說現在的洋基迷太過自大並且被寵壞了,缺乏一股緊密的組 織。但我會說,1982-1993這段時間塑造了半個世代的人,包含我自己。直到在球場度過 一天後,我大概就能理解那種概念。這不是一種可以量化的感覺,但就是一種從T-shirt, 到球場標誌和現場球迷隨著活動的一致動作,所傳達出來的感覺。 : The game itself was great for Yankee fans, but didn’t lend itself to much : analysis. The Yankees got three-run homers from Hideki Matsui, Robinson Cano, : and Alex Rodriguez en route to waltzing to a 12-0 win. Chien-Ming Wang was : effective, scattering five singles in 6 1/3 innings, striking out three and : walking two. My seats weren’t the best ones for breaking him down, but from : where I sat, he appeared to throw two fastballs, one straight and one with : sink, almost exclusively. He got 14 groundball outs, and I’m hard-pressed to : remember any balls that the Angels drove off of him. 這場比賽對洋基迷來說很棒,但並不需要什麼分析。洋基靠著松井.Cano和A-Rod的三顆三 分彈拿下12-0的勝利。小王效率很高,在6 1/3局中只被打了五支一壘打,三振三個,保送 兩個。我的位置不是很能看清球路變化,但我看到了他兩顆直球,一顆是直的,但另外一 顆則有種獨特的下沉尾勁。他拿到了14次滾球出局,而我很難記得天使打者確實咬中了他 哪顆球。 : Wang is a fascinating topic, as he’s now up to 65 career starts and 438 2/3 : innings with a career strikeout rate that’s actually slightly below his : career ERA, 3.51 to 3.67. He’s striking out more batters in 2007 than he has : before, but his 4.14 K/9 is still well below par for a pitcher in 2007, the : kind of rate that would normally have us clucking over his imminent demise. 小王是個迷人的主題,由於他現在生涯65場先發就吃下了438 2/3局,卻只有一個略低於 ERA的三振率--3.51(K/9)比3.67(ERA)。他今年三振了比較多人,但他的4.14三振率依然 低於今年的平均--而這樣的比率本該讓人等待著他的墜落的。 : Wang, however, is not a soft tosser, a pitcher who works at max effort just : to survive--his fastball is generally clocked in the low 90s, and he touches : 94 with it. He works in the strike zone almost the way Greg Maddux did in his : prime, getting early-count outs on contact. Wang’s career mark of 3.39 P/PA : is very low because of this. 但是小王卻是個強硬的剛球投手,用全力來求取生存。他的速球通常在145-150km左右, 而今天達到151。他幾乎用Maddux的方式在好球帶裡運作,讓打者擊球以提早獲取出局。 他生涯平均面對每位打者只用了相當低的3.39球即是如此來的。 : I’ve started to think of Wang, to an extent, as the pitching version of : hitters such as Ichiro Suzuki, Don Mattingly, or Kirby Puckett. These hitters : never drew a lot of walks in their primes, because when they swung the bat— : which they did with some frequency—they would make solid contact and put the : ball in play. They didn’t work a lot of deep counts in part because of their : contact rates. Wang is the same way; his strikeout and walk rates reflect his : presence in the strike zone. It works for Wang because the action on his : pitches prevents solid contact, and in particular, power. Wang has allowed : just 27 home runs in his career, and just six this season. His career ISO : allowed of .104 is low for a pitcher in the modern game. 我把小王類比做投手版的鈴木一朗、Don Mattingly、以及Kirby Puckett。這些打者並不 撿太多保送,而是積極出棒,確實擊球,然後打進界內。由於他們的contact能力,他們並 不等待太多球。小王也是同樣的道理,他的K/9跟BB/9反映出他把球塞進好球帶的特質。 小王同時用他的球種來避免被紮實擊中--同時也降低打者power的威脅。小王生涯只被敲了 27支HR,本季只有六支。他生涯面對打者的ISO(按:長打率減打擊率)只有.104,就現代 投手而言是相當低的。 : So while Wang is not striking out many hitters, he’s also not allowing walks : or power, which means to beat him, you have to string hits together. His high : groundball rate (2.92 career G/F) also leads to a number of double plays : turned, wiping out the singles he inevitably gives up. He controls the : running game--basestealers are 24-for-43 against him in three years. His : batting average on balls in play has been lower than the league average, and : lower than the Yankee average, but not by a lot (.270, .293, and .280 in his : three seasons). Wang may be one of the pitchers who exerts influence over his : own BABIP, although it still may be too early to make that determination. 所以當小王不三振那麼多打者時,他也不讓打者保送上壘或是發揮power,也就是說, 你要擊垮他的話,必須要讓安打串聯起來。他的高滾飛比(生涯2.92)也導致許多的DP, 經常抵銷掉一堆一壘打。他能夠控制住壘上跑者--三年內他被盜43次壘只有24次成功。 他的BABIP(按:界內球的被打擊率,經常用來反映防守捧場程度,也代表著一定程度的 運氣。)比聯盟平均低,也低於洋基隊平均,但都低得不多。(三年內各是.270、.293、 .280) 他大概是能發揮影響力蓋過他自己BABIP的一名投手--儘管現在說這些還太早。 : If Wang were left-handed and missing ten MPH on his fastball, we’d lump him : in with the Tommy John class of pitchers. Instead, as he is, we’re not sure : what to do with him. It’s fair to say that merely looking at his strikeout : rate and making a clucking sound isn’t going to suffice. It appears Wang is : the exception, a right-handed pitcher who isn’t going to strike out many : hitters, but who does everything so well that he’ll be successful in spite : of that. 如果小王是左撇子並且少了10mph的球速的話,我們會把他歸類為Tommy John一類的人。 但是現在他並不是,所以我們也不知該怎麼評斷他。假如只看他的三振率而認為他會很 慘的話並不適當。看來小王就是那個例外--一個不三振很多打者的右投,但是將能成功, 由於他能做好所有其他事。 [Tommy John生涯數據:http://www.baseball-reference.com/j/johnto01.shtml] : --- : A week ago, I wrote this: : If the players and the fans alight on the same starter, the players’ second : choice goes, even if he’s a marginal All-Star. Shea Hillenbrand made a team : this way once, and this year, Brian Roberts owes his spot to this process. : Sensible roster construction would allow Orlando Cabrera, clearly more : deserving than Roberts, to make the team, even if it would mean someone plays : a few innings out of position. 一周前,我寫了這些: 如果其他球員跟球迷都不爽某個球員的話,那麼他大概就得走人--儘管他是個前明星也 一樣。Shea Hillenbrand之前就逼球隊做了這檔事,而今年Brian Roberts由於這個動作 得到了他現在的位置。 : This was, as it turns out, a really stupid thing to write. Many, many, many : people e-mailed me to note that Brian Roberts was eighth in the AL in VORP : (at the time; he’s 10th this morning), and that he was by far the best : second baseman in the league. They also pointed out that he was, : statistically, having a better year than Cabrera, outpointing him on a rate : basis and in overall value. 寫了這些東西,最後顯示出是我在耍笨。好多好多的讀者寄e-mail來告訴我Roberts今年 在美聯的VORP(按:選手貢獻度)是第八名(今早掉到第十),並且是目前聯盟中最佳的二壘 手。他們也指出數據上,他整體而言都贏過Cabrera。 : The readers, as usual, were completely correct. I simply whiffed on Roberts, : missing just how great a season he was having. I can chalk it up to my : current displacement, the fact that I haven’t been watching as much baseball : as usual and have been distracted by a move and a housing search, but really, : those are weak excuses. If a guy is the tenth-best player in the league, I : need to know that, and if I don’t, I deserve to be slammed. 讀者們,一如往常地,是完全正確的。我就忽略了Roberts,忽視了他有個多棒的賽季。 我可以辯解我最近沒看那麼多球,並且懶得在家裡做點搜尋。但是,這些都是軟弱的理由 。如果一個球員是聯盟中的第十好球員,而我不知道,那我活該被打死。 : What’s amusing is that when I wrote about my All-Star ballot, I mentioned : that I wished I’d voted for Roberts. I know how good he’s been the last few : seasons, the class of a fairly weak crop. I voted for Ian Kinsler, which was : a mistake, one I acknowledged when I wrote the column. So I screwed up on : both ends of this discussion. 很玄的是當我討論全明星投票時,我提到說我該投給Roberts。我知道他這幾季是如何的-- 排在一堆不怎樣的新秀中。我投給了Ian Kinsler,當我寫專欄時就發現這是個錯誤。 所以這個討論似乎前後呼應了。XD : Now, it is worth pointing out that at the time I filled out my ballot, Brian : Roberts wasn’t having nearly as great a year as he is now. He had a poor : April, and that month was dragging down his overall numbers well into May. : Just to pick a date, I filled out my All-Star ballot on May 9 at that night’ : s Angels/Indians game. This is what Roberts has hit since then (thanks, : Baseball-Reference.com): .348/.429/.457 in 53 games, and going 15-for-17 on : the bases. 現在我該指出我在投票時,Roberts還沒打出目前精采的成績。他四月打的很糟, 但這依然不影響他五月把成績整個拉起來。就拿我投票的5/9那天來說好了。自從那天開始 ,他就在53場比賽中打出(感謝Baseball-Reference.com贊助XD).348/.429/.457的成績。 並且,17次盜壘中成功15次。 : So, yes, Brian Roberts is an All-Star, and he’s an All-Star ahead of any : other second baseman in the league, as well as over almost every other middle : infielder. I was wrong to dismiss him, and as always, I thank the readers for : keeping me honest. 所以啊,Roberts是個明星,並且目前好過所有聯盟中其他的二壘手,同時也勝過幾乎所有 游擊手。我之前錯估他是個錯誤,而同時,我也感謝讀者們逼我保持誠實。XD : Joe Sheehan is an author of Baseball Prospectus. You can contact Joe by : clicking here or click here to see Joe's other articles. by Joe Sheehan 翻完了 請指教 這篇文章將會轉到洋基版跟金鶯版 希望大家關切小王時 也別忘了更深入去看MLB~~~ -- 翻譯外電有什麼功用呢? 賺P幣.學英文.拼優文和爆文....很多很多 但是 絕對不能少了一股passion--我翻外電 因為我愛 王建民 我愛 棒球 所以我在電腦前用生命翻譯 用生命愛小王 (謎之音:沒錯!) 如果你覺得我翻的有問題 那一定要告訴我 這是我進步的動力 如果你覺得我翻的很棒 那就請你X->1 然後告訴我你的感受或者是心裡的感動 我是翔魚 請大家多多指教~ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 123.240.130.250 soaringfish:轉錄至看板 NY-Yankees 07/11 21:43 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 123.240.130.250 ※ 編輯: soaringfish 來自: 123.240.130.250 (07/11 22:10)
文章代碼(AID): #16bDwx4A (Orioles)