[情報] INTERVIEW: Taka (ONE OK ROCK)

看板ONE_OK_ROCK作者 (扭曲的藍月)時間8年前 (2015/10/10 16:25), 8年前編輯推噓14(1400)
留言14則, 14人參與, 最新討論串1/1
INTERVIEW: Taka (ONE OK ROCK) @ Playstation Theater [35xxxv NORTH AMERICAN TOUR] http://www.vkh-press.com/2015/10/interview-taka-one-ok-rock-35xxxv.html?m=1 (附上一點點中文重點,關於MV或歌曲的一點小資訊) Just before their New York show, VKH had the pleasure of sitting down with vocalist Taka of ONE OK ROCK at Playstation Theater (formerly known as Best Buy Theater). In this casual one-on-one conversation, Taka talks about ONE OK ROCK's goals, the reason behind the aliens in their "Last Dance" music video, and more! *Note: The venue had changed its name from "Best Buy Theater" to "Playstation Theater" on October 1st. VKH: First, we would like to congratulate you guys on your 10th Anniversary as ONE OK ROCK! How do you feel about the band's accomplishments so far, especially with signing to Warner Bros.? Taka: This is like a dream finally coming true. When I started this band in Japan, we were aiming to be more international, to have fans everywhere. I'm really happy and super excited for next year. For this album's success, and everything. VKH: Did the success of your previous album 人生x僕= (Jinsei Kakete Boku Wa) in Japan influence your decision to release 35xxxv in English or was it something else? Taka: I wanted it released worldwide because it was what I wanted to do. It's not because of the previous record, we always wanted to release an album in English. It was part of the plan to become more globally popular. At first, the original was more focused on Japan, then the deluxe version was more for our global audience. 原本就有計畫想出英文專輯,想要更國際化,也為了全世界的歌迷 VKH: After your headline shows, you'll be joining All Time Low and Sleeping With Sirens on their tour. Is this part of your plan for conquering the U.S. since your album was already #1 in Japan and on Billboard World Music? Taka: Yeah! Maybe. (laughs) VKH: Since you're not as well-known in the U.S. as you are back in Japan, it's almost like you get the chance to start over. What has this experience been like so far? Taka: Right now we have a small crowd, and are slowly gathering more and more people, but in the future I want our music to reach a bigger audience with my emotions and heart. I try to do that, at least. 還想要在國外增加更多歌迷 VKH: You're doing well at it! Taka: Yeah, and the concerts are already bigger here, you know. We're already getting up there. 演唱會已經更大場 VKH: Right, and you've sold out this venue twice now, so you're gaining more and more fans in the U.S. too. Taka: Yes! We're getting bigger. VKH: Since your album's reached the #1 ranking, what's next? Are you preparing yourselves for some kind of world domination, to make everyone a ONE OK ROCKer? Taka: Yeah! Yeah, I hope so, I'm trying to do that! VKH: "Take Me to the Top" almost sounds more like a self-motivator, then. (laughs) Taka: Haha, yeah! When I first write the lyrics for songs, they're in Japanese actually, then we translate them to English. I can express myself better in Japanese, but we're trying to reach more people with the English lyrics. Take Me to the Top原本是日文歌詞,雖然覺得日文比較能表達Taka自己 但為了傳達給更多人還是用了英文 VKH: Since we're on the topic of songs, 「Heartache」 and 「Good Goodbye」 are so beautiful and relatable. Did you write them as a personal catharsis, or were they written with the purpose of being able to connect with the audience? Taka: Thank you! Umm, I think I did it for both. 創作Heartache、Good Goodbye等情歌時 除了個人經驗也是為了和觀眾連結 VKH: With these two songs, as well as others such as "Memories," your album seems to deal with the many different emotions that come with being in a relationship, and with when that relationship comes to an end. Was this an intentional theme? Taka: No, not really. It kind of just happened. 專輯中有許多不同情緒的歌關於關係上的處理只是剛好, 不是特別作為主題 VKH: You generally have two types of songs in your album; songs that are more personal and are about relationships, and then songs that are full of energy and just make you feel good. How do these songs relate to each other? Taka: Well, I like variety a lot, so they're there for us to have a mixture of things. Pop songs, serious songs, sad songs, ballads, etc. All of those styles are there to add variety. (關於快歌慢歌之間的關係)因為喜歡的(音樂)類型很多所以就只是混合起來, 流行的嚴肅的傷心的歌或民謠等,各種風格加在一起 VKH: Why is the number 35 so important? Taka: Actually, it's not such a big deal. When we recorded in the United States, I saw the number a lot all over the place. It's like a metaphor for our U.S. debut. Since this is the first time we're working with an American producer, and we've been spending a lot of time in the U.S., the number became our destiny. It's a major number that just happened to be everywhere. (關於專輯名35)沒什麼大不了的,只是在美國錄音時常常看到這數字, 覺得是個象徵 VKH: Yeah, and I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but since you said that, the cover art for your album has a kind of hidden message. You have two ways of showing the number 35: the vertical and horizontal slashes, and the "XXXV" behind that, almost like it's breaking through the artwork. Is that like you're breaking into America? Taka: Yes, exactly. VKH: Why is there an alien invasion in the music video for "Last Dance?" Taka: I don't know, actually, (laughs). I have no idea. It was the director's idea. Last Dance裡的外星人是導演的主意 VKH: The director thought it would look cool? Taka: Yeah. The director came to my house, and everyone sat down like we're sitting now; we were sitting here and the director was sitting there. As we talked to each other, the video was explained to us. It's actually a sad song about a boy and a girl, but the director wanted to include something else. He wanted to include the aliens. VKH: What do the aliens represent? Taka: (Laughs) I don't know. It may have been the director's artistic licensing. This is our first time shooting in the U.S., and our first time working with an American director, so we went with it. 外星人代表什麼不知道,Last Dance是第一次在美國拍的MV 也是第一次和美國導演合作 VKH: You had an American director? Taka: Yes, but this doesn't reflect on America at all, it was just us going along with the director. There are a lot of alien movies here, right? This was all the director's idea, so maybe they wanted to do Independence Day 3 or something, I don't know, but there's no special message from ONE OK ROCK about aliens. There are just aliens there. (laughs) It's an artistic video. 總之外星人都是導演想的,沒特別意思就是了 VKH: So, the music video is basically a love song with aliens just... there? (laughs) Taka: Yeah, and it's really funny! VKH: We found it interesting! It was a really good, enjoyable music video. The song is also really good, too. Taka: Thanks! VKH: What was the plot of the music video for "Last Dance," if there was one? Taka: Plot? I don't think there was one. VKH: Well there's some kind of story where you have a couple who's fighting, they're about to break up, and the guy goes outside, and then there are aliens. Taka: Haha, yeah, that's it! VKH: That's it? (laughs) There was no backstory? Taka: Yeah, there is no real story in the music video, but in the song the lyrics are totally different. Last Dance的MV再次強調沒什麼劇情就是那樣 VKH: What is the story in the lyrics, since the music video is completely different? Taka: It's actually about a guy and a girl during their prom. Prom is part of American culture, right? We don't have anything like prom in Japan, but I think it's such a beautiful thing. 歌詞的劇情是一男一女在舞會上(美式文化) VKH: Are you trying to appeal to the American audience by putting that message in there, and making that cultural reference? Taka: Yeah. VKH: That's actually really interesting. Taka: Yeah, it's focusing on the young love in American culture. VKH: Yeah, just listening to it, people probably wouldn't get all of that because when we heard it we only heard a melancholy love song. Two people considering breaking up, but they don't really want to break up, and they're denying that there isn't anything left to do. Is that also part of it? Taka: Yeah. VKH: That's really cool, too. Taka: Thanks! VKH: Out of all of the music videos you have released and re-released leading up to 35xxxv and its deluxe U.S. edition, which ones are your favorite? Taka: My favorites are "Mighty Long Fall" and "The Way Back (Japanese vers.)," which is coming out soon. Taka最喜歡的MV是"Mighty Long Fall"、 "The Way Back (Japanesevers.)" VKH: There is a music video coming out for "The Way Back?" Taka: Yeah, there was a really good shooting for it in Japan. It's such a good video, I think. VKH: Alright, we're can't wait to see it! VKH: Even though you just released an album, do you have any other future plans you would like to share? Taka: Actually, we haven't decided yet, but I want to try touring more in the U.S. with a friend's band, or other bands in general. 雖然還沒確定,但未來有想要在美國更多的巡迴, 和朋友的團或其他類型的團 VKH: We're sure fans would like that, too! VKH: Thank you very much for your time! Would you please send a message to your fans and our readers at VKH Press? Taka: Thank you for supporting us every day! We love you so much. Thank you for listening to our music. INTERVIEW: Taka (ONE OK ROCK) @ Playstation Theater [35xxxv NORTH AMERICAN TOUR] http://www.vkh-press.com/2015/10/interview-taka-one-ok-rock-35xxxv.html?m=1 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 36.229.161.92 ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/ONE_OK_ROCK/M.1444465519.A.072.html ※ 編輯: fddk (36.229.161.92), 10/10/2015 16:28:00 ※ 編輯: fddk (36.229.161.92), 10/10/2015 16:30:58

10/10 16:34, , 1F
好想看...
10/10 16:34, 1F

10/10 16:39, , 2F
外星人是導演的構想,但不知代表什麼XD
10/10 16:39, 2F

10/10 16:44, , 3F
導演:我覺得在抒情歌MV加上外星人情節是一件很cool的事
10/10 16:44, 3F

10/10 17:21, , 4F
mighty long fall的MV帥炸
10/10 17:21, 4F