[外電] 2013 ESPN Body Issu雜誌訪問-Faried

看板Nuggets作者 (吳嘉)時間11年前 (2013/07/19 17:31), 編輯推噓5(501)
留言6則, 6人參與, 最新討論串1/1
外電來源:http://goo.gl/0JDy8 Why did you decide to pose? Q:為什麼決定要參與這次的拍照? KF: I'm comfortable in my own skin, and I love my body. I feel that this is the year for people to feel free to express themselves. This is the year Jason Collins came out and said 'I'm an NBA center. I'm black. And I'm gay.' I'm the first NBA player member to join Athlete Ally, so I wanted to show I'm happy with who I am and support people who are gay, lesbian, transgender, transsexual and so on. KF:我對於顯露出自己的皮膚感到自在,而且我愛我的身體. 我覺得今年讓人們可以自在的 表達自我. 今年是大3零決定出櫃告知大眾”我是NBA的中鋒,黑人,而且是個同性戀”. 我 是第一位加入非營利組織Athlete Ally(註)並成為其成員的NBA球員,所以我想要表達我很 高興自己是誰,並且支持男/女同性戀, 變性人跟以及對於自我性別有所衝突的人. 註:Athlete Ally是一個非營利組織,其主旨在於藉由教育來終結在運動界對同性戀及變性 者的害怕跟仇恨,並且創造出個安全,友善的環境. How did you get the nickname "Manimal?" Q:你是怎麼得到”半獸人”這個綽號的? KF: A guy at my agency said people were calling saying, "Kenneth Faried is a man. He's a beast. He's an animal." So he said, "We're going to call you Manimal." At first I was like "No, that's kind of weird." But then 10 minutes later: "Manimal! Rrrrr!" KF:我經紀公司的人跟我說人們打來告訴他” Kenneth Faried 是個男人. 他是頭猛獸,動 物.” 所以他說”我們決定要稱呼你半獸人."一開始我的反應是"不要, 這感覺好怪.” 可是10分鐘後,我就說: “半獸人!!!! 吼~~~~~” How did your mother and father toughen you up? Q:你的父母是如何讓你變的強大有韌性? KF: The first time I ever got dunked on in my life was by my father. I was in seventh grade. He said, "You want to play this game?" "Yes." And he grabbed the ball and dunked on me. "If you want to play this sport, don't ever in your life let this happen to you again." When I was younger, I wanted to shoot instead of rebounding because nobody wants to do the little things, but my parents told me, "If you want to shoot the ball, go get it and rebound it." "If you want to shoot in the park with the big kids, rebound the ball." I took that advice and ran with it. From that point on, it was always about rebounding and blocks for me. KF:第一次在我人生裡灌我籃的人就是我爸爸. 我那時只有7年級, 他跟我說” 你想要玩 這個遊戲?” “ 是的” 然後他拿球就灌籃在我身上並說” 如果你想要打籃球,絕對不要 在你的人生中再讓這發生一次.” 當我還年輕時,我只想要投籃,不想搶籃板因為沒有人想 要做苦工,可是我的父母跟我說”如果你想要投籃,先拿到球,投了然後搶籃板.” 如果你 想要跟大個子在公園打球,搶籃板吧.” 所以我聽取了他們的建議,從那時開始,對我來說 就是搶籃板跟開火鍋店請大家吃到飽.” What did you learn from your mother about toughness? Q: 有關堅強這項特徵,你從你母親那裡學到什麼? KF: My mother battled lupus my whole life -- and still is. She keeps fighting and fighting just to stay alive. So no matter my obstacles, no matter who it is or what it is, I know I can fight through it and overcome it. KF:我整個人生,我的媽媽都跟狼瘡戰鬥,現在仍然持續著. 她一直不斷的戰鬥只為了能活 下來, 所以無論阻擾我是什麼,不管那是人還是事,我也同樣能夠與它戰鬥並打敗它. What do you like about your body? Q:你喜歡你身體的哪個地方? KF: My abs. Weirdly enough, I was a skinny kid, but I've always had abs. But I've toned them a lot as I've developed my body. My favorite exercise: I balance on a big rubber ball, and a partner throws me a medicine ball. I catch it from each side -- right, left, middle, and at the top of my head. You have to focus on balance and control. It works your brain and muscles at the same time. KF:我的腹肌. 奇怪的是,以前我是個瘦小孩,可是我總是有腹肌. 我有繼續訓練身體讓它 更有線條. 我最喜歡的運動是在大塑膠球上保持平衡,然後我的同伴往我左邊,右邊,中間, 還有我頭上丟了個帶有重量,與肩膀同寬的小球給我.你必須要保持專注在平衡還有控制上 這會同時讓你的大腦跟肌肉工作. If you could change something about your body, what would it be? Q:假使你能改變你身體的某個部分,那會是哪裡呢? KF: I want my thighs to be a little thicker so I can move people instead of just having to jump over them all the time. It'd be better if I could just hit them and move them out of the way with my hips. I want a little bit more meat; I need a butt back there. KF:我想要我的大腿再厚點所以我可以移動人們而不是總是跳起來飛躍過他們. 如果可以 用我的屁股把他們撞開,讓我去我想要的地方就更好了.我需要更多的肉,我需要一個屁股 在我的後面. What is your favorite thing to do to train? Q:你最喜歡的訓練運動是什麼? KF: In the NBA, we get strapped to this board at the waist, ankles and wrists, and they throw the ball at the backboard, and you've got to rebound it. It's a platform and they strap you in with these elastic bands and the resistance is pulling your body down, and you've got to try to jump and grab the rebound. When I was younger, it was hard. I didn't know what the heck I was doing. KF:在NBA,我們的腰,手腕跟腳踝會跟一個板子綁在一起,然後他們從後頭丟球給你,然後你 必須要去搶籃板球.它是一個平台,把你用彈力繩綁起來所以會有阻力拉住你把你釘在地上 ,然後你要試著跳起來搶籃板.當我還年輕時,這是個很難的訓練,我根本不知道我自己在做 什麼. What is your biggest body challenge? Q:對你的身體來說,最大的挑戰是什麼? KF: Keeping myself at a good weight. I eat six or seven meals a day, and I could eat right now, then go work out and be hungry right after. I've always had problems keeping weight on; it's God's gift, I guess, because it's certainly not a curse. I'd rather lose easily than gain easily. So I eat all the time. I only eat beef once a month, and I don't eat pork, so I eat a lot of chicken and turkey. I just indulge. It's nothing like I must have this or that, I just eat and I eat well." KF:維持良好的體重.我每天吃6餐,現在馬上也能吃一餐,然後去做運動完馬上又會餓 .我 總是有困難維持體重.我想算是上帝給我的禮物因為顯然的這不是個詛咒.我寧願容易瘦下 來也不要很快就胖起來. 我總是在吃東西. 我每月只吃牛肉一次,不吃豬肉,所以我吃很多 雞跟火雞,我會享口腹之慾,並不是說我一定要這個或那個,我只是吃然後吃的好. Have you ever felt self-conscious about your body? Q:你曾經在意過你的身體嗎? KF: When I was younger, I was built like a coat hanger -- all you could see was my collarbone; I had no chest. I needed to fill out and wanted to bulk up. I thought I was strong, but I was a toothpick. In 10th grade, people started giving me more respect because I got taller. It wasn't until the basketball season, when I was rebounding and blocking shots, that I came into my own. I was about 6-foot-2, and I grew two inches every spring. As my mom would say, when the flowers were growing, I was growing. KF:當我還年輕時,我就跟衣架沒什麼兩樣- 你能看到肩骨突出來; 我沒有胸肌.我需要用 肉填補骨感然後練壯. 我以為我很強壯,可是我瘦的跟牙籤沒什麼兩樣.10年級時,人們開 始對我比較尊重因為我長高了.直到籃球季節來臨,我才開始利用我身體的優勢搶籃板還有 蓋火鍋. 那時我大概是6尺2,每年春天我都會長2吋. 我媽媽會這麼說, 當花開始成長時, 我也跟著它們一起長高. What is a mental weakness you fight against? Q:什麼是你努力奮鬥想要戰勝的心靈弱點? KF: The thought that I'm too short. I'm a 6-foot-8 power forward in the NBA; nowadays, most guys in my position are 6-foot-10 or taller. And I went to a small school. People would say, "He didn't play at the high level with Florida or Kentucky or Louisville" and think I couldn't do this. But I brushed it aside and kept moving. I believe I can compete with anybody. I look at Dennis Rodman -- he was short, but he was the best rebounder. He didn't back down from anybody. Charles Barkley was one of the best rebounders. He'd dunk on you, shoot it, stretch the floor, dribble it, do everything the guards could do. I look at them as role models: They were short, but they became legendary Hall of Famers. Stay fearless, stay comfortable in your own skin and stay focused on what you want to do in life. KF:我太矮的想法. 在NBA,我是6尺8的大前鋒.現在跟我打同樣位置的大部分球員都有6尺 10或更高. 我去的是個小學校,人們會說”他並沒有在籃球名校像是佛州,肯德基或是 Louisville打高階的籃球.” 然後認為我無法在NBA打球. 但是我把這評論揮到一旁繼續 向前. 我相信我能夠與任何人競爭.我看著小蟲羅德曼, 他也很矮,可是他籃板搶的最棒. 他並沒有因為任何人而顯得退縮. 巴克利也是最會搶籃板的球員之一. 他會在你身上灌籃 ,投球,在球場把空間拉出來,運球,做所有控衛能做的事情. 我把他們當成我的榜樣: 他們 矮,可是他們成為名人堂籃球員的神話. 保持無懼,對自己的膚色感到自在,然後專注在你 人生想要做的事情上. What's the worst thing your body has been through? Q:你的身體經歷過最糟的事情是? KF: My asthma is the worst thing I go through. And when my allergies act up, I can be out of commission for a while. Once when I was younger, I was playing ball and my asthma sprang up. I was wheezing and didn't have my inhaler, and I had to be rushed to the hospital. It's not that big of a problem anymore, but I still have bad allergies that trigger my asthma, especially when I'm on the East Coast. It's not so bad on the West Coast, but I kind of die out East with all the pollen. KF:我的氣喘是我經歷過最糟糕的事情.當我開始過敏時,我會好一陣子都無法運作. 曾經 有次在我年輕時,我打著球然後氣喘復發了. 我一直抽著鼻子,我的呼吸器沒有在我身旁, 結果我被緊急送到醫院.現在不是什麼大問題,但是我還是有會引發氣喘的過敏,特別當我 在東岸的時候. 在西岸情況還算不錯,可是來到充滿污染的東岸時我真的快死掉了. What's the worst thing you've been through mentally? Q:精神上你經歷過最慘的事情是? KF: Not knowing if my mom was going to make it. She was flatlining, and they brought her back to life; that was the scariest thing ever. Also, not knowing if she was going to get a kidney. She waited seven years for a transplant. She said, "Without this kidney transplant, I'm going to leave this world soon." That same year, I said, OK, I'm going to the NBA. I was looking to declare early so I could use the money to buy her a kidney. Then the doctor called, and it was a such a relief. That was the scariest thing -- as a man and as a son -- that I've had to withstand. KF:不知道我媽媽是否能撐過去.她的心電圖一度變成平行一條線,可是他們把她救回來.這 是有史以來最恐怖的事情. 還有埠知道她會不會有新的腎臟. 她等了7年做移植. 她說” 沒有腎臟移植,我很快就會離開這個世界.” 同一年,我跟自己說, 好,我想要進NBA,我想 要早點宣布參加選秀所以我可以用那筆錢買個腎臟給她. 然後醫生打來讓我鬆了一口氣.. 身為一個男人跟兒子,這是我咬牙渡過過最恐怖的事情. What do you think of when you feel like you can't train any further? Q:當你覺得你無法再繼續進行訓練時,你會想什麼? KF: I think about my daughter and mother. What if my mother said, "Oh, I can't keep fighting like this. I'm going to give up." That, and I don't want my daughter to ever say, "My father gave up on life and what he dreamed of doing." KF:我會想我的女兒跟媽媽. 如果我的媽媽說”喔,我無法再這樣戰鬥下去了,我要放棄. ”除了那個,我也絕對不想我的女兒說” 我的爸爸放棄了人生還有他曾夢想會做的事情. ” 歷年NBA球員登上BODY ISSUE 封面照片 2009 Dwight Howard http://dimemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/DwightBodyIssue.jpg
2010 Amare Stoudemire http://dimemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/AmareBodyIssue.jpg
2011 Blake Griffin http://dimemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/BlakeBodyIssue.jpg
2012 Tyson Chandler http://dimemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/TysonBodyIssue.jpg
2013 Kenneth Faried http://dimemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/KennethFariedBodyIssue.jpg
-- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 70.79.74.78 ※ 編輯: mywu 來自: 70.79.74.78 (07/19 17:39)

07/19 20:14, , 1F
manimal!!
07/19 20:14, 1F

07/19 21:19, , 2F
Manimal~~Rrrrrrr,看到這一段超好笑XDDD
07/19 21:19, 2F

07/20 06:05, , 3F
XDDDDDDDD
07/20 06:05, 3F

07/20 11:18, , 4F
你怎麼在這裡~~~~
07/20 11:18, 4F