[外電] A.I. delivering major assist in Melo's growth

看板Nuggets作者 (ray)時間17年前 (2007/03/25 23:00), 編輯推噓2(200)
留言2則, 2人參與, 最新討論串1/1
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_5515332 By Chris Dempsey Denver Post Staff Writer Behind the scenes, the leader has taken the pupil under his wing. And Carmelo Anthony is grateful for it. For all of the ways Allen Iverson has been good on-court for the Nuggets, he hasIverson,traded to Denver on Dec.19, has paid special attention to Anthony's maturation process. proven to be just as valuable - if not more so - off it. In the days leading up to the Nuggets' acquisition of Iverson, the merits of bringing in a player of what was thought to be questionable character was debated from the media to the water cooler. But Nuggets coach George Karl had done his homework. "(Former Philadelphia 76ers coach) Larry (Brown) told me he was a great teammate ,"Karl said of Iverson."And he is a great teammate. And he is a better leader than I think his image gives him." Iverson, traded to Denver on Dec. 19, has paid special attention to Anthony's maturation process. "I think A.I. doesn't let Melo get away with some of his childish (ways) at times," Karl said. "Instead of me calling him out or one of my assistants calling him out, A.I. is calling him out a little bit, and I think it's pretty cool." Iverson said the praise was "good to hear from your head coach because he is the one doing the most evaluating," before crediting former teammates with showing him how to lead. "Being in Philadelphia, Aaron McKie and Eric Snow were the vocal leaders, and I always led by example," Iverson said. "Here, it is different because I am more vocal and I have been places these guys want to go." Namely, deep in the playoffs and the NBA Finals. The Nuggets haven't advanced beyond the first round of the playoffs in this decade, suffering first-round losses each of the past three seasons. Iverson led Philadelphia to the NBA Finals in 2001 and to the second round in 2003. He hopes to have a similar on-court effect in Denver. Part of that is helping Anthony, the team's leading scorer and face of the franchise, grow. Anthony says while Iverson mentors him, he also contributes to the banter. "It's nothing disrespectful," Anthony said. "He calls me to the side, I call him to the side, and it impacts the whole team." Losses at Chicago and Toronto have dipped the Nuggets' record with Anthony and Iverson in the lineup to 10-11. The duo can get that back to .500 with a win tonight over Cleveland. Still, Iverson has raved about his new team, and Karl said it has showed. "A.I. is feeling good about having a star player with him, which I don't think he had in Philadelphia the last few years," Karl said. But the Nuggets' coach added he doesn't expect all to be fine all the time. "I am not sure A.I. and I will have a honeymoon for the next three or four years," Karl said. "I'm sure there will be problems, anger, frustration. ... Most of the time if the player is passionate about playing the game,it usually works its way out." ______________________________________________________________________________ 蠻想翻這篇的 但是最近真的很忙,所以就算了 大家看看吧... 明天比賽加油~~ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.114.219.25 ※ 編輯: paradoxmelo 來自: 140.114.219.25 (03/25 23:01)

03/26 02:25, , 1F
感謝分享 期待有人翻 哈哈
03/26 02:25, 1F

03/26 03:25, , 2F
我最近比較忙 先靜待強者 :)
03/26 03:25, 2F
文章代碼(AID): #161eweWR (Nuggets)