[情報] England players haunted by decade of inconsistency

看板Newcastle作者 (遠志草‧孤獨)時間17年前 (2007/03/28 03:15), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/1
這是歐文在THE TIMES上的Column,從去年九月過後這半年間就沒再更新。 但在二十七號他在他的column發了這一篇評論,是寫關於這次英格蘭對上以 色列的比賽他的看法之類的。 那因為...我中翻很爛﹝雖然我看得懂orz﹞所以就煩請英文好的大德幫忙翻 譯吧...小人我不獻醜...orz"" 若是版主覺得不妥刪掉這篇沒關係﹝第一次在這發文﹞ http://tinyurl.com/3bfnoo March 27, 2007 England players haunted by decade of inconsistency / Michael Owen The debate about why England don’t play as well as we can as consistently as we should is not just happening in TV studios, pubs and newspaper offices. Take it from me, it happens all the time in the team hotel. Maybe it is not something we want to admit, but I can count on one hand the times we have played fantastically well through 90 minutes in my decade with England. Maybe players of other big countries will say the same, but it is definitely true of us. We were great against Germany in the famous 5-1 win in Munich in 2001, but mostly it has only ever been in patches. I don’t go along with the argument that some of our better results have also been good performances. Beating Argentina at the 2002 World Cup finals, for example, is remembered as a great win, but while we played really well in the first half, we sat back throughout the second. How they didn’t equalise I will never know. People talk about the victory over Turkey in April 2003 when Wayne Rooney made his full debut, but we should expect to beat Turkey at home. In the first half-hour against Portugal at Euro 2004 we were unbeatable. But we tend to have a subconscious attitude of keeping what we have and sitting back as soon as we get a lead. There is no doubt that most, if not all, our players consistently perform better at club level. We find it hard to replicate that form for our country and yet we see other players raise their game. You see a player like Artim Sakiri for FYR Macedonia who struggles to get a regular game in the Coca-Cola Championship with West Bromwich Albion, but he's playing above himself at international level. I was watching television on Saturday and heard the commentators saying that Yossi Benayoun is the top man for Israel and we have to be careful of him. But he would struggle to get in our squad, never mind our team. Not one of the Israel players would expect to get in our squad. If it was a Premiership match, we would expect to win comfortably. Obviously, you have to ask why we are falling short and the first thing I would say is that it is not the case that the players are concentrating on the next car they are going to buy. They want to do well, whether that is for the country, for the manager or just for themselves. Is it the pressure? There is a lot of it, but we are all big boys who are used to big matches for our clubs. Are the expectations too high? Are we not as good as we think we are? Is it because other teams raise their game? We have been discussing the same topics for years and here are just a few points I would make. Football in England is so big and so passionate. There is a feeling among the players that we get slaughtered if we drop our standards for a second. I remember scoring a hat-trick against Colombia (in May 2005) and then not hitting the back of the net for a match or two. Suddenly people were questioning my place in the team. Of course you have got to earn your place,but it does make me laugh when people talk about the comfort zone. It certainly does not feel like an easy ride. You feel under constant scrutiny. Does that make us too worried about our own places and not enough about the team as a whole? It is something to consider. That intense glare makes it harder to have a relaxed atmosphere and it is particularly trying when the team are not performing as they can do. This is not just Steve McClaren’s problem, it goes back to Glenn Hoddle. It is not something new. The funny thing is that, even acknowledging all of that, we could turn it around in a second, or at least a match. I know we have the squad to do well, or at least better. It is obviously a tough time for England, but I am sure that we will beat Andorra tomorrow and qualify for Euro 2008. My focus is to return to full fitness for Glenn Roeder at Newcastle United and I am joining in the first-team warm-ups. It has been going well. Looking ahead, I’d like to think I could play a part in helping my country. Whatever the pressure, I want to be back in the team hotel. Three of best Not every England display over the past ten years has hit the heights, but Owen starred in three of the best Argentina 2 England 3, Nov 12, 2005 Owen scores in the 86th and 90th minutes to give England victory in Geneva Germany 1 England 5, Sept 1, 2001 Owen scores first, third and fourth as England win World Cup qualifying tie in Munich Argentina 2 England 2, June 30, 1998 Remembered for Owen’s brilliant solo goal and David Beckham’s 47th-minute sending-off, but gutsy England lose on penalties 附注:如果想看Owen所寫得所有專欄文章可以到以下網址:) http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/columnists/michael_owen -- 那時我返回房子,寫道:午夜。 雨正敲打著窗戶。午夜來臨之前,沒有下雨。 孤獨國 http://blog.pixnet.net/yehwen -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 220.131.67.56 ※ 編輯: Archaeoptery 來自: 220.131.67.56 (03/28 03:19)
文章代碼(AID): #162MrcIc (Newcastle)