[轉錄][外絮] Amare & Melo? No, it was Jared's night

看板Nets作者 (Bull Shit)時間13年前 (2011/03/08 20:54), 編輯推噓1(102)
留言3則, 3人參與, 最新討論串1/1
※ [本文轉錄自 NBA 看板 #1DTY4lw_ ] 作者: olively (小松鼠) 看板: NBA 標題: [外絮] Amare & Melo? No, it was Jared's night 時間: Tue Mar 8 20:29:30 2011 http://0rz.tw/z4JvT By Chris Sheridan, ESPN NEW YORK -- Amare Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony are going to get all the ink. Jared Jeffries will go down as a footnote: The only member of the New York Knicks who failed to score a single point in their highest scoring game of the season, a 131-109 drubbing of the Utah Jazz. But Jeffries is more than a footnote. He will likely remain the starting center for New York for the remainder of the season, a mini-bombshell that coach Mike D'Antoni dropped before watching his superstar duo click together better than they had in any of the eight games since the epic MeloDrama ended with the blockbuster trade that bought Anthony to New York. "He's a very good defensive player, he moves the ball, he understands what we want done, he gives us that multiple possessions on the offensive rebounding, tapping balls out. He's just an energy guy that kind of glues everything together," D'Antoni said. "He's a valuable piece for us although he doesn't score, but he doesn't have to. This team is a little bit different than a normal team. You don't have to space the floor as much because you have such good individual players, so I just think it's a perfect fit for us." Jeffries missed his only two shot attempts Monday night, both from point blank range. But he did grab six rebounds, three on each end, blocked a shot, came up with a steal and made two key plays before the game got out of hand that don't show up in the box score -- saving the ball as it was going out of bounds and then firing it off an opponent's torso to allow the Knicks to retain possession. He has appeared in four games and logged 100 minutes since re-signing with New York following his buyout from the Houston Rockets, all without logging a single field goal -- although he has scored one point as a Knick, making one of two free throws in New York's home loss to Cleveland last week. (ESPN colleague John Hollinger texted after the game that he is taking April 7 in the Jared Jeffries' First Knicks Field Goal pool.) "I try to bring an element that I know I'm good at. It was tough not playing all year, I'm still trying to find my rhythm and get my legs underneath me," Jeffries said. "But for the coach to have that type of confidence in me, it means a lot. It's a testament to what they've put together here, and I'll find things I can do to compliment what Amare and Carmelo bring to the team." Jeffries moved into the starting lineup against the Cavs on Friday when Ronny Turiaf was sidelined with a sore knee, he stayed in that role Sunday night as the Knicks won in Atlanta, and D'Antoni made the surprise announcement before Monday's game that he is planning to keep Jeffries in that role from here on out, no matter if the opposing big man is Dwight Howard, Shaquille O'Neal, Joakim Noah or Erick Dampier lining up against him in the first round of the playoffs. Jeffries' lack of heft and girth will lead to the Knicks getting overwhelmed at that position on most nights (Exhibit A was Al Jefferson's game-high 36 points Monday). But D'Antoni has always believed in playing to his team's offensive strengths, and this performance from the Knicks' two superstars -- 34 points on 12-for-16 shooting in 30 minutes for Anthony; 31 points on 12-for-15 shooting in just 24 minutes from Stoudemire -- demonstrated the Knicks may occasionally be better served by having a player on the court who should actually be prohibited from shooting the ball unless he plans to dunk it. "That's all part of getting my legs underneath me. Right now I have no legs, but that'll come from getting into game shape," Jeffries said. Having been with the Knicks for a major portion of their lost decade, being involved in a game as lopsided as Monday night's was a new experience for Jeffries -- and for a lot of folks in the crowd, too. It was over early, for all intents and purposes, as the Knicks opened up an 18-point lead in the first quarter and led by as many as 31, getting five 3-pointers from Toney Douglas (20 points in 23 minutes) and four more from Anthony as they played their fourth consecutive game without Chauncey Billups (deep thigh bruise). The loudest cheer of the night came when Andy Rautins took his warm-ups off with 6:50 remaining, and the Canadian kid actually got double-teamed near midcourt on the Knicks' final possession as the Jazz forced the ball out of his hands to keep the crowd from erupting as they did when Rautins scored his only bucket of the night, a jumper with 2:38 remaining on which he benefited from a highly favorable continuation ruling from the referees. Other highlights included Renaldo Balkman making his first 3-pointer in two seasons, Derrick Brown flushing a windmill dunk, Shelden Williams dishing a career-high six assists and former heavyweight champ Joe Frazier getting a loud, appreciative ovation on the eve of the 40th anniversary of his heavyweight title fight against Muhammad Ali in the very same arena. And there was one other difference, too. Jeffries was cheered (usually, he produces only groans) for the hustle plays he kept making, on the glass and on the baselines as he sailed into the stands to keep balls alive. There may finally be a semi-permanent place for him now that he is back, and Tuesday night's game demonstrated that there is always a place, even on a high-octane team playing unusually efficient offense, for a guy who can make a difference without producing a single point. So get used to seeing Jeffries out there. The job is his to lose, and he won't lose it if his hustle plays continue to outnumber his shot attempts. 文章大義是: New York Knicks後場指揮官Chauncy Billups今天仍坐壁上觀 但在Melo和Aamre的帶領之下 Knicks以本季得分新高131-109海K了Utah Jazz一頓 本應對Melo和Amare雙人組的好表現歌功頌德一番 但在教練Mike D'antoni眼中 今日亮點卻是先發中鋒Jared Jeffries 在被Houston Rockets買斷合約後 Jeffries與Knicks再度攜手合作 並在對Cavs的比賽中頂替Turiaf出賽 今天是Jeffries代表Knicks出賽的第四場比賽 總時數100分鐘,多虧了罰球兩罰一中,總得分1分 ESPN的John Hollinger甚至預測 下一次Jeffries再度得分的比賽會是在四月七號 儘管得分沒表現 但今天的6籃板(3進攻/3防守籃板),1火鍋,1抄截 以及數據上看不到的兩次邊線救球 都讓D'antoni認真考慮繼續讓Jeffries保有他的先發工作 雖然Jeffries的噸位不足以和Dwight Howard, Shaq等禁區怪物對抗 但在D'antoni以進攻為主軸的戰術系統之下 Jeffries的籃球智商、走位判斷與場上拚勁 都深受D'antoni的信任與好評 因傷一年沒打球的Jeffries說道: 感謝教練給我機會 雖然我現在有點軟腳 但隨著上場時間增加 我會慢慢恢復我的體能狀態 並用場上表現輔佐Melo和Amare帶領Knicks再度攀上高峰 反觀Melo與Amare聯手笑傲球場的表現 Chris Sheridan也在ESPN的訪談中 對日前Heat在更衣室的哭哭事件發表評論: Melo, Amare, LBJ,Bosh及Wade是2004年雅典奧運隊友 這群年輕人場上是競爭者 場下是好朋友 Heat面對目前的低潮 起因於第四節進攻出現問題 戰術該以誰為核心?! 誰來進行最後一擊?! 目前都找不出答案 甚至不管是誰進行最後一擊 結果都是一樣 --> 投不進 這是目前Heat最大的危機 [花絮]甜瓜人生昔日配角Devin Harris和Derrick Favors在輸了這場比賽後表示: Harris: 在Nets雖然被嫌到沒力,但被交易始終都是讓人難以接受的 尤其是被交易到鳥不生蛋的Salt Lake City Favors:打從選秀會那天開始,交易流言始終圍繞著我 Nets要我慢慢來,不論是認真防守還是強攻禁區 他們會耐心地培養我 我以為我做到他們要求我做的一切, 但最終我還是被交易了,哭哭~~ Harris和Favors冷笑說: 在商言商 這就是NBA Harris也對Deron Williams成為Nets一員補了一槍: Nets?! 望君保重! 科科~ -- 小妹最近在練習英文 第一次翻譯 翻得不好請見諒 ^^ -- 奧麗薇的個人專屬彩妝部落格 http://olively.pixnet.net/blog -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 123.194.88.14

03/08 20:31,
p妹最近在練習英文
03/08 20:31

03/08 20:32,
關鍵字!!
03/08 20:32

尼克現在內線:阿罵 JJ 屠夫 威廉絲姊妹

小妹乖~