[外電] Harris ready to lead the Nets

看板Nets作者 (心思活一點)時間14年前 (2009/10/28 18:48), 編輯推噓1(100)
留言1則, 1人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Tuesday, October 27, 2009 BY AL IANNAZZONE THE RECORD STAFF WRITER MINNEAPOLIS — Devin Harris was not happy when Vince Carter was traded to Orlando, but after the Nets’ point guard’s anger subsided he realized he was getting his wish. The Nets' Devin Harris: “I’m not perfect. I’m pretty sure I’m going to have some nights when I blow up, but I’m going to try and be the most consistent that I can.” When the Nets open the season tonight against the Timberwolves there is no mistaking whose team it is. There also is no mistaking who will receive much of the praise if the Nets win and who will shoulder the load when they struggle. “I like that,” Harris said. “I want that. I want it.” How Harris, 26, handles it is one of the biggest questions of the Nets’ season. They likely won’t be a playoff team, so it will be incumbent upon Harris to keep this group — featuring five regulars with fewer than three years of NBA experience and eight players who could be free agents in July — together, focused and committed. He has the right attitude. Harris, a first-time All-Star last season with averages of 21.3 points and 6.9 assists, said he isn’t as concerned with statistics as winning and proving one thing. “That I can lead a team,” Harris said. “I’ve done the individuals. I’ve been an All-Star. I’ve been in consideration for most improved. That’s all great. But leading this group of guys when they say we’re going to finish anywhere from 21-to-30 [wins] to do better than people expected us to do.” Harris has tried to talk more in practice. But he missed more than a week and three preseason games because of injury. Because he couldn’t do much, Harris gave some pointers. Now that he’s healthy he’s able to lead with his words and actions again. The Nets’ last two captains led in different ways. Jason Kidd wasn’t vocal. He led with his play, but losing ate at him. He eventually alienated teammates and forced his way out of town. Carter led by example, but always was upbeat, even when the Nets lost and constantly encouraged and tried to motivate teammates. Harris may be somewhere between the two. He doesn’t have Kidd’s moodiness yet can’t let go of things as easily as Carter. “You never quite know until you see,” coach Lawrence Frank said. “I couldn ’t have predicted that Vince would have taken such an ownership and leadership role as he did. Opportunity, you never know what can grow from it. Devin’s definitely capable of it.” “I think it’s a great opportunity for him. Not many times as a 26-year-old do you get a chance to lead.” Harris admits he keeps things inside too much, causing him to “implode.” Last season, he and Frank had differences, often about Harris’ defense. It led to a second-half benching against Boston that Harris stewed over for days. He and Frank understand each other better now, and Harris knows any stewing would be counterproductive in his new role. “I don’t quote Lawrence much,” Harris said, “but the big thing that he says and it makes sense is ‘it’s the hardest thing to be the same person every day.’ You just lost by 30 the night before, maybe my offense isn’t going the way I want it go but I have to be that same guy for those guys. That ’s what they have to see from me. “I’m not perfect. I’m pretty sure I’m going to have some nights when I blow up, but I’m going to try and be the most consistent that I can.” -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 114.43.226.18 ※ 編輯: NetsFan 來自: 114.43.226.18 (10/28 18:49) ※ 編輯: NetsFan 來自: 114.43.226.18 (10/28 18:49)

10/29 04:03, , 1F
借轉小哈板 感謝
10/29 04:03, 1F
SKnight:轉錄至看板 DevinHarris 10/29 04:03
文章代碼(AID): #1Aw26J4a (Nets)