[外電] Nationals pick Bryce Harper

看板Nationals作者 (悠)時間14年前 (2010/06/08 21:36), 編輯推噓11(1104)
留言15則, 10人參與, 最新討論串1/1
The Nationals have selected catcher/outfielder Bryce Harper, a 17-year-old power-hitting prodigy, with the first overall choice in baseball's first-year player draft. Nationals executives, sitting around a table, watched Commissioner Bud Selig announce the pick on television. Owner Mark Lerner watched from a corner of the room. The Nationals officially listed Harper as an outfielder on a press release, an interesting disctinction given Harper played primarily catcher at the College of Southern Nevada. UPDATE, 8:25: Here's some quick reaction from General Manager Mike Rizzo: Opening statement: "The Nationals are very, very pleased to announce the first pick of the 2010 draft is Bryce Harper from College of Southern Nevada. We scouted Bryce very, very thoroughly throughout the last couple years. These two guys on the sides of me here [amateur scouting director Kris Kline and Vice President of Player Personnel Roy Clark] were instrumental in putting the board together. We're very proud and pleased that this particular player is going to become a member of the Washington Nationals family." 開篇陳述: 華盛頓國民隊非常,非常高興地宣布今年來自於南內華達大學的狀元 Bryce Harper 的到來,過去幾年我們都一直非常、非常仔細的觀察他。在我身旁的這兩位分別是 「業餘球探總監 Kris Kline 以及球員人事部門副總裁 Roy Clark」,他們兩人一 起打拼並且對球隊貢獻良多。對於這位特別的球員未來即將成為華盛隊國民隊這個 大家族的一份子,我們感到十分驕傲且高興。 On Harper playing outfield: We made the early decision that we're going to take the rigors of playing the difficult position of catcher away from him and really let him concentrate on the offensive part of his game and let his athleticism take over as an outfielder. He's got above-average speed and a plus-plus throwing arm. We believe that he could pull off being a major league catcher. We believe his bat is far ahead of his defense as a catcher. We just think that it will accelerate his development in the minor leagues and extend his career as a major leaguer." 對於 Harper 被定位是一名外野手的原因: 我們很早以前就決定不會讓 Harper 去當捕手,畢竟這個位置非常困難且極為嚴苛。 我們決定讓他把專注力都放在打擊上,並且將他定位成一名外野手好讓他的運動天賦 充分發揮。他擁有在平均之上的速度,以及 plus-plus 等級的臂力。當然我們相信 他的確能夠成為一名大聯盟級的捕手,我們相信作為一名捕手他的打擊實力將遠超過 防守端的表現。我們只是認為這麼做能夠讓他更快升上大聯盟,而且對於延長他的職 業生涯也會有正面的幫助。 On where Harper will start in the minors: "He'll start at our lowest level, in the Gulf Coast League. We think that's a prudent way to get his feet on the ground in professional baseball. As I've said many, many times, the rigors of the professional game is really the first thing that a professional player has to overcome." Harper 將會從哪裡開始出發? 他會先從最低層級的新人聯盟的灣岸聯盟(Gulf Coast League)開始打起。我們認為 這是個比較謹慎的方式,最好還是讓他腳踏實地慢慢發展他的職業生涯。就如同我 之前已經說過幾千遍的話一樣,一位職業球員最先必須去克服的問題就是體會到職業 棒球比賽的嚴苛之處。 On what he learned with Stephen Strasburg that can be applied to Harper: "We're going to protect the player. We're going to limit access if we feel that it interferes with what we're trying to do. And we make no apologies for it. This is all about getting the player to maximize his development, to expedite his development in a careful, prudent, calculated way to get them to the right place at the right time." Rizzo had said the Nationals "have hopes of getting him out and playing before Aug. 15." Given that Scott Boras represents Harper, he was asked how realistic that is: "We're going to put our best effort forward. We know that we have a player who wants to play. We've got a representative that we've dealt with successfully in the past. We're going to give our best effort on all sides." 從 Strasburg 的例子讓國民隊學到哪些經驗可以同樣適用在 Harper 身上? 我們將會去積極保護球員。如果我們覺得一些訪問可能會干擾到我們正在嘗試做的事 ,我們就會限制採訪,而且也不會道歉。這是為了讓選手能夠有最大程度的發展,並 且在一個小心的、謹慎的、精心策劃的情況下,適時適地的加快他的發展。 Rizzo 表示國民隊「希望能夠盡快搞定 Harper 的簽約事宜,並且讓他在8/15以前出 賽」。鑒於 Scott Boras 將作為 Harper 的代言人,Rizzo 被問到究竟現實上的情況 是如何時他表示:「我們將會盡我們最大的努力,我們瞭解 Harper 他非常想要打球, 我們過去就已經成功地和 Boras 完成交涉。這次我們同樣得會在各方面全力以赴。」 On Harper's character and maturity: "There are no concerns about this player's makeup. We are sold on him, his family, the character of the player. He acts like a 17-year-old at times. I don't want to tell you what I did when I was 17. He's mature beyond his years as far as performance on the field, tools and development, and even his social skills. This guy has been through, he's had more publicity than most 25 year-olds. I think he's handled it remarkably. Between the lines, he's going 110 miles all the time. He's a baseball rat. I love the way he gets after it. ... We're satisfied and honored and excited to have this guy in the organization. We think he's going to be a big character guy for us and an impactful player." 關於 Harper 性格和成熟度: 他的態度沒什麼好操心的。我們已經介紹過他、他的家人以及他的個性。他表現地 就像個17歲的少年,而我實在不太想告訴你當我17歲的時候幹了哪些蠢事。同時他 也表現出超齡的成熟,就如同他在棒球場上的表現一樣。還有他的 tool 以及未來 發展性,甚至是社交技巧都遠超過這個年紀所該有的。他承受了很多壓力,畢竟他 目前已經遠比許多25歲的球員有名,我認為他對於這方面的處理相當引人注目,這 暗示著他無論在何時都是以全速在奔馳著。他總是全心全意投注在棒球上,我喜歡 他這樣的表現方式...對於他即將成為我們的一員,我們感到非常滿意,也很榮幸 及感到興奮。我們認為他將會成為一位與眾不同的傢伙,同時也會是個令人印象深 刻的球員。 (感謝某位匿名板友的指正和幫忙) On if Harper will be allowed to wear warpaint: "No." Harper 是否可以被允許在臉上塗上些顏料化妝? 免談。 On scouting Harper in Las Vegas: "I went in there with a blank slate. I didn't read any of our reports. I saw a little bit of video on him. I just wanted to go in there with a clear slate and a clear mind, see what I saw. Just kind of use experience to slot him where I believe he went. When I got back, the three of us discussed it and decided that it was a pretty easy decision." 在拉斯維加斯對於 Harper 的觀察: 我去那裡時對 Harper 可說是一無所知,我根本沒讀任何報告,我只有看了一些關於 Harper 的影片。我不想要讓自己一開始產生任何成見,以及讓我的頭腦保持清醒, 單純去看我看到了什麼。我們依照經驗安排他到那裡,而我相信他曾去過。當我回來 時,我們三個人開始討論是否該簽下他,然後做出決定。這還真是一個很簡單的決定。 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.135.43.84

06/08 22:01, , 1F
推用心!
06/08 22:01, 1F

06/08 22:30, , 2F
推免談
06/08 22:30, 2F

06/08 22:40, , 3F
他經紀人$$$$$嗎?
06/08 22:40, 3F

06/08 22:41, , 4F
06/08 22:41, 4F

06/08 22:47, , 5F
我實在不太想告訴你當我17歲的時候幹了哪些蠢事XDDDD
06/08 22:47, 5F

06/08 22:48, , 6F
有點可惜 這樣農場有人接棒c嗎?
06/08 22:48, 6F

06/08 22:55, , 7F
Derek Norris
06/08 22:55, 7F

06/08 22:58, , 8F
可是有些mlb外野手在日場比賽不是也會抹 還是他特別愛?
06/08 22:58, 8F

06/09 01:02, , 9F
不讓他站C蠻可惜的耶 畢竟有棒子的外野手跟有棒子的C相比
06/09 01:02, 9F

06/09 01:03, , 10F
C應該比較有價值吧
06/09 01:03, 10F

06/09 05:22, , 11F
不過站C的選手部是耗損比較大嗎?
06/09 05:22, 11F

06/09 08:02, , 12F
我記得Harper除了臂力很強之外 蹲捕似乎普普而已
06/09 08:02, 12F

06/09 09:31, , 13F
跟樓上的印象一樣,他當C蹲捕普普,強在打擊
06/09 09:31, 13F

06/09 09:32, , 14F
當初好像是他爸覺得當捕手簽約金會比較高,才讓他去練C
06/09 09:32, 14F

06/09 10:34, , 15F
他臉上都抹太誇張
06/09 10:34, 15F
※ 編輯: s9527206 來自: 140.135.43.84 (06/10 06:01)
文章代碼(AID): #1C3aTRoS (Nationals)