[新聞] Nadal: Honest to a Fault? (from WSJ)

看板Nadal作者 (王者之路)時間13年前 (2011/05/31 13:17), 編輯推噓1(100)
留言1則, 1人參與, 最新討論串1/1
http://blogs.wsj.com/dailyfix/2011/05/30/nadal-honest-to-a-fault/ 連結在此 If you’re the sort of sports fan who wishes professional athletes would say what’s really on their minds, check out recent vintage Rafael Nadal. The No. 1-ranked tennis player, five-time French Open champion and all-time battler has decided to bare his soul at Roland Garros this week. Nadal moved a step closer to a sixth French Open final Monday with a straight-set win over Ivan Ljubicic, 7-5, 6-3, 6-3. On paper, this seems quite good. In Nadal’s mind, it’s not very good at all. “No, seriously, I am not confident,” he said. “I am not playing enough well to win this tournament.” And then there was this: “The thing is you have to be realist, and today I’m not playing enough well to win this tournament.” And this: “I have to hit the ball with a little bit more conviction, in my opinion,” he said. “For moments I am playing a few good points, but after I have few bad points.” And this: “I won four times already here, five times already here. I don’t have an obligation to win six. I going to try for sure, but….” He trailed off. In case Nadal hasn’t made himself clear just yet, let’s rewind to Saturday, when he scored another straight-set victory. He was asked about what it takes to stay at the top in a sport with such a long season and demanding competition. “I [am] almost 25, but seems like I am playing for 100 years here on the tour,” he said. “Sometimes it’s like work. And, in my opinion, tennis is not work. Is passion. Is different—the perspective, in my opinion, is different. With this calendar and with these rankings all the time, it’s like work.” If this harsh introspection sounds different from the guy who’s owned Roland Garros in recent years, it’s because he rarely exhibited any flaw that would call for self-criticism here. But there’s no arguing with Nadal’s self-assessment now. So far this tournament, he hasn’t been close to the dominating clay-court supremo who has twice won this event without losing a set. But to hear him say so—over and over and over and over again—is enough to make you wonder whether his four-match losing streak against Novak Djokovic, all in finals, has cost him more than a few ranking points. His uncle and coach, Toni, said Djokovic wasn’t a concern until he was on court."It’s a problem when we play against him, not when we look on the television,” he said. Toni Nadal is the sort of man who much prefers forests to trees. He’s philosophical, calm and matter-of-fact about tennis. He said he had seen his nephew in this situation before. “In 2009 and 2010 he played a lot of big matches without any confidence,” he said. “It just happens. I don’t think many hours about these kind of things. Now it’s like this, and I know this is a process. It’s going not too good, but not a big problem. What I say is, you should try to play more relaxed and think about what you have won in your life.” If Nadal wins two more matches, he’ll be in the finals again. Djokovic only has to win one more, since his quarterfinal opponent, Fabio Fognini, withdrew Monday with an injury. Djokovic will now have four days off, but Nadal didn’t think that would shake the confidence of his leading challenger. “Fantastic, no?” Nadal said without sarcasm. “Tell me what’s the worst part of that?” Another forthright comment from a man who sounds like he could use a few days off himself. Instead, he next faces Robin Soderling, the only player to have beaten him on French Open clay. 豆說他覺得自己打的不夠好 不夠好到足以拿下法網 看來還是信心的問題讓他在場上的時候猶豫了 Toni叔說之前也有發生過(09-10年,去年拿下蒙地卡羅之前那一段時間的掙扎) 不過問題不大~ --照之前的情況來看,解鈴還需繫鈴人 只要打敗Nole一次就可以恢復了XD 好消息是身體應該沒啥大問題~ 我覺得應該調整一下心態 把自己當成是挑戰者而不是球王 這樣應該可以打得比較放得開 也沒有因為我是衛冕者所以應該打得比對方好的壓力 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 202.39.57.251 ※ 編輯: homeik 來自: 202.39.57.251 (05/31 13:21)

05/31 13:34, , 1F
我也覺得今年輸給揪口之後怪怪的 趕快解鈴吧XDDD
05/31 13:34, 1F
文章代碼(AID): #1Dv7dqMK (Nadal)