[翻譯] Nadal on course to spoil Federer's t …

看板Nadal作者 (快樂的潛水夫)時間15年前 (2009/02/04 00:54), 編輯推噓2(200)
留言2則, 2人參與, 最新討論串1/1
※ 引述《adorable (大地任我遨翔)》之銘言: : http://0rz.tw/4fyTo : ANALYSIS-Tennis-Nadal on course to spoil Federer's title dream : Feb 2, 4:51 am EST : By Julian Linden : MELBOURNE, Feb 2 (Reuters) - The good news for Roger Federer is that he may : still achieve his life's dream of winning more grand slam titles than any oth : man. 對Federer來說好消息是,他仍然可以實現他一生的夢想,比任何其他 球員贏得更多的大滿貫冠軍頭銜。 : Federer only needs one more major to match Pete Sampras' record of 14 and at : the age of 27, time is still on his side. Federer只需要完成這個更主要的目標:追平Pete Sampras 14座大滿貫 冠軍紀錄。他現在27歲,時間仍站在他這邊。 : But the bad news for the Swiss master is that even if does get the record, he : may not hold it long. His greatest challenger now is not the man in front, bu : the one coming from behind. 但對瑞士人而言壞消息是,即使他達成記錄,他可能也無法長久保持。 他最大的挑戰者,已經不是眼前的歷史巨牆,而是後浪來勢洶洶。 : Spain's Rafa Nadal captured his sixth grand slam title when he beat Federer in : an epic five-set thriller at the Australian Open on Sunday. : It was an enthralling match that Federer might just as easily won but the : result erased any doubts over just who is the top player in the world right : now. 西班牙的Rafa Nadal奪得他第六座大滿貫金杯。他週日在澳網一場史 詩般五盤大戰,驚險中打敗Federer。這是一場扣人心弦的比賽, Federer或許較被看好的一方,但結果消除所有疑慮,證明誰才是當今 世界頭號選手。 : “I love to win,” Nadal told reporters on Monday as he prepared to leave : Australia. : “I love the competition. Not only in tennis, I love the competition in all : aspects of life. : “When I compete, I love to be there and fight to win.” 「我熱愛勝利。」Nadal週一離開澳洲前告訴記者。 「我喜愛競賽,不僅僅是網球,我喜歡生活各方面的所有競賽。」 「一旦我投入比賽時,我就會全力求勝。」 : Nadal has now beaten Federer in 13 of the 19 matches they have played, : including each of the last five. : Significantly, Nadal has beaten Federer in five of their seven grand slam : finals. The first three were at the French Open, Nadal's favourite event, : but the last two were at Wimbledon and Melbourne Park, which should have : favoured the Swiss. Nadal面對Federer的比賽中,19場贏了13場,包括最近的五場。 值得注意的是,Nadal在七場大滿貫決賽中,擊敗Federer五次。前三 次是Nadal最喜愛的法網,後兩次在溫布頓和墨爾本公園,這兩個本來 應是Federer佔優勢的地盤。 : If not for the Spaniard, Federer would have already sailed past Sampras's mar : and laid an undeniable claim to being the greatest player of all time. : But any arguments about just who is the greatest player have now been put on : hold because of Nadal’s continuing rise and improvement. 如果不是這西班牙人,Federer早已取代Sampras地位,成為公認史上 最偉大的球員。但現在,所有爭論誰是最偉大球員的話題已被擱置, 只因Nadal還在不斷地提升和進化。 : While Nadal has been responsible for stalling Federer's relentless march towa : Sampras's record, the Spaniard has also done him a great service. : Just as Sampras had Agassi to contend with, Federer now has a truly great riva : ensuring any future grand slams will be hard earned and therefore all the more : valuable. 雖然看似是Nadal無情拖延Federer邁向Sampras的腳步,其實他也只 是盡職於他的重要本分。正如同Agassi、Sampras之爭,Federer現存 在真正偉大的競爭對手,即使今後大滿貫頭銜來之不易,卻更能彰顯 其價值。 : For Nadal, the question of which one of them is the best player is a mute : point. 而對Nadal而言,回答他們倆之中誰是最佳的球員是無解的。 : “He has 13 grand slams. I have six. The Masters Cup, he has won four. I have : not won one. So there's no discussion,” Nadal said. : “I say right now Roger is the best because he has all these titles. Maybe : later (I can be). : “The rankings show I was the best player in the last year. That's the truth : but I am not the best player.” Nadal說:「他有13個大滿貫,我只有六個。他贏了四個大師杯,我還 沒半個。所以,根本無需討論。」 「我會說,現在Roger是最好的,因為他的種種成就。或許將來,我有 機會能做到。」 「雖然排名顯示在過去一年裡,我是表現最優異的球員。但實際上, 我認為我還不是最好的。」 : Although he still has a long way to go to join Sampras and Federer, all the : early indicators suggest Nadal is well on target. : The crafty lefthander has accrued his six grand slam titles at the age 22. : When Federer was the same age, he had just won his first grand slam title. : Sampras, at 22, had three. : Nadal won his six titles from 20 grand slam appearances. The only man to do it : quicker was Bjorn Borg, who won his sixth title in his 18th event. 雖然要加入Sampres和Federer的行列仍有很長的路要走,但對照前輩 的歷程,在在顯示Nadal順利走在成功大道上。因為這機伶才22歲的 左手球員,已先收集6個大滿貫冠軍等著了。 Federer同樣的年紀,他才剛贏得了他第一個大滿貫冠軍。Sampras 22歲,也只有三個。 Nadal在20個大滿貫賽贏得了六個冠軍,能更快做到這一點的人只有 Bjorn Borg,他18個大滿貫賽贏了六個冠軍。 : Nadal has won majors on three different surfaces. : He is almost unbeatable on clay but has now mastered grass and hardcourt, : increasing his chances of winning the U.S. Open and completing a full set of : grand slam titles, a feat that proved beyond Sampras and continues to elude : Federer. 不同於Federer和Sampres從沒贏過紅土滿貫,Nadal贏得了三種不同 場地的大滿貫。 他幾乎在紅土場上無敵,如今也已掌握了草地和硬地,他愈來愈有 機會去贏下美國公開賽,完成全套大滿貫冠軍頭銜,這是個證明超 越 Sampres的壯舉,Federer始終難以實現的夢。 : Nadal's win in Melbourne has even raised speculation he could achieve the : sport's ultimate goal of winning all four majors in the same year, a feat onl : Don Budge (1938) and Rod Laver (1962 and 1969) have managed. Nadal澳網的勝利,甚至有人猜測他可能實現這運動的年度終極目標: 同一年贏得所有四大滿貫賽,目前只有Don Budge(1938年)和 Rod Laver(1962年和1969年)達到這個成就。 : The centre court at the Australian Open is named after Laver and the Austral : was there to present the winner's trophy to Nadal on Sunday. 澳網中心球場就是以Laver命名,週日當天也是他頒冠軍獎杯給Nadal的。 : Nadal was moved by the occasion but does not think his brush with greatness : will inspire him to achieve a calendar-year grand slam. Indeed, he believes : Federer has a better chance of winning the French Open than the Spaniard has : of winning in New York. Nadal當下非常感動,但認為他不夠厲害到足以讓他實現年度大滿貫。 事實上,他認為,Federer贏法網的機會比他自己贏美網的可能性還要 更高。 : “Roger played the last three years in the final at Roland Garros… so for su : he’s going to be one of the big favourites to win that,” Nadal said. : “It's easier to win one title like Roland Garros for Roger than me winning : the grand slam. That’s no competition.” : (Editing by Justin Palmer) 「Roger在過去三年都打到法網決賽...所以可以肯定他仍是冠軍熱門。」 「Roger贏法網的機會比我得年度大滿貫容易得多了,這無庸置疑。」 : 豆豆也太謙虛了 : 文章很長,歡迎哪位發心翻譯 ^ ^ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 125.232.128.205 ※ 編輯: l2l 來自: 125.232.129.71 (02/04 03:41)

02/04 03:50, , 1F
最後 Nadal 說的grand slam 我覺得是呼應上一段最後的美網
02/04 03:50, 1F

02/04 14:36, , 2F
哈 謝 翻譯
02/04 14:36, 2F
文章代碼(AID): #19Y7R53L (Nadal)