[新聞] Jeter looking to hit stride at the p …

看板NY-Yankees作者 (La Mer)時間13年前 (2011/04/13 02:39), 編輯推噓4(404)
留言8則, 7人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Yanks' hitting coach says captain sticking to plan By Bryan Hoch / MLB.com BOSTON -- Derek Jeter's stride-free approach has not yielded instant offensive results, but his hitting coach is adamant that the Yankees captain is sticking with the plan. Kevin Long said after the Yankees' 4-0 loss to Josh Beckett and the Red Sox on Sunday that Jeter has not abandoned the concept, which keeps his left foot more quiet and permits him to avoid being jammed on inside pitches and not hit as many ground balls. "I think he's feeling better about what he's doing and he's not thinking as much about the mechanics of his swing," Long said. "At this point, it's about competing, it's about putting together quality at-bats. "Everybody's talking about abandoning stuff. That's so far from the truth that I think it's wrong to write. That's not right. He really has stayed to the plan." But Jeter has struggled with continuing to think about his mechanics at the plate, something the Yankees hoped he would get past before the end of Spring Training. Earlier on Sunday, Long said in an interview with reporters from Newsday and ESPN that Jeter was moving closer to the approach that he had before last September, when Long tweaked Jeter's stride during a series against the Rangers in Texas. "It is more of what Derek Jeter has done for his whole career," Long said. "Even from my standpoint, it looks a lot more like what he did in the past. Again, he has had a very successful career and it has worked out well for him." Jeter is hitting .206 (7-for-34) with no home runs and two RBIs. "I'm fine. I feel good," Jeter said. "I mean, obviously I don't have the results. But what I worry about is being comfortable. I felt pretty comfortable the past few games." Jeter said that facing Beckett wasn't a fun at-bat by any means, but he remains confident that he is doing the proper things at the plate. "Just seeing the ball well," Jeter said. "From a hitter's standpoint, sometimes you get into a situation where you're not picking it up and you start swinging at bad pitches. The more comfortable you are, the better pitches you swing at." Yankees manager Joe Girardi said before Sunday's game that it was too early to be taking the temperature of Jeter's season on a nightly basis. "I think you have to see 100 to 150 at-bats," Girardi said. "But I just don't want to judge it too quick. It's not fair to the player. We know how resilient Derek has been in his career and all the great things that's he's done, and I think you have to give him an opportunity." As the Yankees prepared to fly home to New York on Sunday, Long characterized the 2011 version of Jeter as a work in progress. "Everybody works day in and day out," Long said. "You're always working on your swing, you're always working on your mechanics, you're always working to get things right. To go after somebody and say he's not doing things the way we set out to do, that's not the truth, because he's really worked hard at it." http://0rz.tw/Mr7F3 大致上是說打擊教練Long跟隊長仍在努力中 Long在之前針對隊長在揮擊時的跨步做了些修正 讓隊長能夠不被攻擊他內側的球路擠壓,以減少擊出滾地球的量 不過Long也表示最重要的是隊長要能維持(找回)以前那個狀況良好時的他 並不是真的要對打擊機制做什麼改變 隊長跟Girardi則說了些自己感覺很好,目前球季才開始 就現在少少的打席表現就下定論還太早之類的場面話 另外這是今年三月初討論到關於隊長跨步問題的文章 http://0rz.tw/UnJs6 僅節錄部份 "I'm not changing a swing," Jeter said. "My swing is exactly the same. I'm shortening down the stride. It's really not as drastic as people are making it out to be. I'm not putting my hands in a different position. I'm not doing a different path. It's just the striding. I'm trying not to." The edit is a continuation of a change Jeter and Long made last Sept. 11 in Texas. Essentially, Long patched the struggling Jeter so that he would stride more forward instead of toward home plate, allowing him to better cover the inside part of the plate. ... "It just cuts down on bad habits," Jeter said. "Striding too far forward, tying yourself up, habits that I got into last year. We're trying to just eliminate those. It's just repetition, really. That's the only thing that you're trying to do, just doing it over and over until it becomes natural." -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 61.224.42.28

04/13 02:43, , 1F
Peter being peter...(點頭)
04/13 02:43, 1F

04/13 02:47, , 2F
有變過嗎?
04/13 02:47, 2F

04/13 02:53, , 3F
滿滿的場面話,Long搞不定jeter,他自己還是改回去了
04/13 02:53, 3F
※ 編輯: awhat 來自: 61.224.42.28 (04/13 04:14)

04/13 04:15, , 4F
看起來是有這種感覺...只能多等幾場比賽再說了
04/13 04:15, 4F

04/13 07:13, , 5F
滿令人擔心的......
04/13 07:13, 5F

04/13 12:13, , 6F
當初改跨步是為了揮棒速度 但是幾場球看下來隊長速球
04/13 12:13, 6F

04/13 12:14, , 7F
都跟的到...感覺要想別的方法了
04/13 12:14, 7F