[洋基] Questions about Montero’s work ethic?

看板NY-Yankees作者 (希望你在這裡)時間14年前 (2010/08/21 02:02), 編輯推噓4(402)
留言6則, 6人參與, 最新討論串1/1
或許Jesus Montero會被變成交易籌碼要宣告破案了, 據說今年春訓時的表現, 讓 Girardi和Kevin Long覺得他有一點不夠盡心。所以Kim Jones表示, 洋基高層對Montero 的工作倫理有意見。如果真是這樣的話, 變成交易籌碼應該可算是有跡可尋。 也有可能高層是怕Montero如果被叫上來, 結果pass ball太多, 下場摔手套時, Girardi會不會氣到把他貓到流鼻血啊? 呵呵... http://www.theyankeeu.com/2010/08/questions-about-monteros-work-ethic-20709 Questions about Montero’s work ethic? Kim Jones said something that really grabbed my attention yesterday doing a fill-in show on WFAN with co-host Sid Rosenberg. A caller suggested bringing up Jesus Montero, in an effort to get the moribund Yankee offense going. (Note: There isn’t a transcript available to link to, so I’m just recounting what I heard) She responded with this: Kim Jones: “Well, every time you hear his name brought up among the Yankee brass, they say he has an issue with his work ethic. And that’s the kind of tag that gets stuck to you forever” Woah! I heard Girardi and Long say he was “a little soft” in Spring Training, which means he showed up to camp out of shape. That’s more common on other teams than it is on the Yanks, and since he’s young I’ll cut him some slack there. But I also remember he had a run-in with his AAA manager where he failed to run out a ground ball and that resulted in a short suspension. But the way she said it, it wasn’t just an isolated incident. So I shot out some e-mails and posted some comments to see what I could find out. Donnie Collins of the Times-Tribune SWB Yankee blog gave me this reply in last night’s game thread: @Steve S. I’ve hear they aren’t thrilled with some of what he does. But every time I ask about Montero’s offense, I’m told he’s working everyday with Butch Wynegar in the batting cage. And every time I ask about his defense, they say he works with Wynegar and Julio Mosquera and has made strides. He’s 20. And 20 year olds who have extraordinary talent aren’t often the hardest workers. But I’ve heard both sides on him. I’ve heard rumors that he doesn’t work hard, and I’ve been told first hand that he’s trying his best. I take it all with a grain of salt. For his part, Montero says he works very hard. He talks about it all the time. All. The. Time. It would seem Jesus doth protest too much. After shooting around some e-mails, I’ll just say that I’ve heard the brass read him the riot act around June, and he’s been hitting ever since. Toss that in with their willingness to trade him last season for Roy Halladay and at the July 31st deadline this year for both Joakim Soria and Cliff Lee and it adds up to something worth keeping an eye on. When a team dangles a player that often, they often know something the rest of us don’t. -- Syd Barrett: "Wouldn't You Miss Me(Dark Globe)" July,26,1969 http://0rz.tw/tApGP -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 220.131.240.147

08/21 02:09, , 1F
那要看Girardi是推打還是拉打
08/21 02:09, 1F

08/21 02:10, , 2F
科科 振臂一呼嗎?
08/21 02:10, 2F

08/21 03:11, , 3F
oops,that's new to me. 以前有人說過這事嗎?
08/21 03:11, 3F

08/21 07:06, , 4F
居然可以用到最新的梗 XD 謝謝翻譯
08/21 07:06, 4F