[閒聊] Joba doubters start to come around

看板NY-Yankees作者 (你今天崩潰了嗎 囧)時間15年前 (2009/04/01 21:21), 編輯推噓10(1001)
留言11則, 11人參與, 最新討論串1/1
http://0rz.tw/ipIlb SARASOTA, Fla. -- The contingent of critics who believe Joba Chamberlain would help the Yankees more in the bullpen has lost one of its loudest voices. Jorge Posada has left the club. 支持Joba該待在牛棚的人又少了一個--Jorge Posada The veteran catcher made headlines last September by sharply stating that the 23- year-old right-hander would not hold up as a starting pitcher. Having watched Chamberlain's progression this spring in New York's rotation, Posada has recons- idered his stance. 去年九月老波是Joba該待在牛棚的支持者之一,不過再看過Joba今年春訓在先發角色的表 現後,Posada對他去年的言論重新的評斷了。 "There's no question -- he's our fifth starter and I'm happy with that," Posada said. "I look for the betterment of Joba here. Give him credit, because he was so good out of the 'pen. I hadn't seen him as a starter, so he's been showing me and proving me wrong." 毫無疑問的,他就是我們的第五號先發!Posada說:我在這裡看著他在先發這個角色越變越 好,我很高興他不斷地證明我是錯的。 Chamberlain completed his spring workload on Tuesday, hurling 5 1/3 innings of two-run, five-hit ball against the Reds at Ed Smith Stadium. Chamberlain walked three and struck out six in the outing, tossing 53 strikes among his 87 pitches. Joba在昨天完成了他在春訓的工作,這場比賽他留下了以下的成績 IP R ER H BB SO NP-S 5.1 2 2 5 3 6 87-53 "I've still got to be better,but as far as velocity and just attacking the zone, I think it was the best [start]," Chamberlain said. "I felt good going through. It's got to be better, that's for sure, but it was something to build on." Joba說:我還會更好。就我的球速和攻擊好球帶來說,我認為這是個很好的開始           [這邊我不知道有沒有翻錯,有錯別客氣,請指正。] Preparing as a starting pitcher for the first time in big league camp,Chamberlai n's spring did not begin with such high notes. He allowed two runs in his first inning on Feb. 28 against the Twins, and Team Canada roughed him up for five runs in a March 3 start where he didn't record an out.  在春訓的開始,對於準備成為先發投手這件事的準備上,Joba並沒有做的很好。在2/28第 一場對上雙城的比賽,第一局就噴了兩分,之後對上加拿大更被一局打爆5分而且一個人都 沒解決掉。 But Chamberlain continued to work on mechanical tweaks in bullpen sessions with pitching coach Dave Eiland, and his results improved. Chamberlain wrapped up the Grapefruit League with a 3.60 ERA, allowing eight runs and 20 hits in 20 innings ,striking out a batter per inning. 不過Joba還是繼續與投教Dave Eiland討論並改善,最後在整個春訓他的成績是 era:3.6 IP:20 被打了20支安打 K/9:9 "It got a lot better," Chamberlain said. "I continued to learn. The first two were terrible, and we got going as it went. This was a good one to build off as far as velocity and attacking the zone with fastballs. I threw good sliders and a couple of good changeups. All in all, it was the best." Joba說:現在好多了,我持續的在學習,前兩場先發是很恐怖,不過我們加強了投球效率 和用速球攻擊好球帶的能力,我的滑球跟變速球也還不賴,總之,現在我覺得很棒。 Rumors of Chamberlain's dwindling velocity were dismissed by Tuesday's performan ce, when radar guns showed readings between 90 and 96 mph. Girardi said that cl ocking Chamberlain was not his main concern this spring. Joba降球速的謠言被他昨天那場先發的表現給打破,測速槍顯示了90-96MPH。Girardi說 測量Joba的球速並不是今年春訓主要的觀察目標。 [這句也不是很確定有沒有翻對] "It wasn't a huge concern to me, because he had been at 95 [mph]," Girardi said. "I know some people were concerned about it, but I figured when he got a little bit stronger and we got a little closer, we'd see his velocity." Girardi說:我對這個的關心並不是這麼多,因為他的速度已經到了95MPH,我知道很多人 很關心他的球速,但我的關注重點是他慢慢建立他手臂的強度。         [這句也請指教XD]   Girardi said that Chamberlain's dominating history as a setup man may have set the bar too high. Joba在牛棚當setup man的成績讓我們很嗨 "People expect him to pitch that way every inning as a starter," Girardi said." It's not going to happen. Usually when starters go to the bullpen, their veloci ty goes up a little bit. 人們期待他先發時每局都可以投的像他牛棚時那樣,但這是不可能的,因為Joba在牛棚時 的球速會快一點。 "When they go back to the starting, it's down a little bit on a consistent basis .Joba has so many expectations on him, I'm not sure he can live up to the expec tations." Joba身上背著很多人很高的期待,我不知道他可不可以在這種壓力下挺過來。 As a starter last season, Chamberlain showcased some of that promise, faring 3-1 with a 2.76 ERA in 12 starts for New York, including seven innings of scoreless three-hit ball on July 25 at Boston's Fenway Park. 在去年以先發角色出賽的比賽中,Joba展現出他的能力,12次先發3勝1敗ERA2.76,包括去 年在Fenway Park那場7局被打3安無失分的比賽。 "I felt good about him as a starter," Girardi said. "His ERA was excellent, and he had a chance to win a number of games for us. In [the American League East] ,you need five quality starters. We feel Joba gives us another solid starter who can pull his weight." 我對他做為先發的表現感到很蘇湖,他的ERA超棒的,而他有機會為我們贏得幾場球賽,在 美東這個地方,你必須要有五個很好的先發,而Joba是其中之一。 Posada said that he has seen a live arm that will help the Yankees, not only this year but in the future.There will be bumps;in the third inning,Chamberlain had two outs and a 1-2 count on Reds first baseman Joey Votto. Posada說:他看見一隻強大的手臂,而他不只會在今年幫助洋基,未來也是! 昨天比賽的第三局,Joba已經取得兩個出局數,這時他面對的是紅人隊的一壘手Votto,球 數是1-2。 Chamberlain wanted to throw a changeup, and Posada shrugged. Let him see what happens, Posada thought, moments before Votto sharply singled to right field. Were it the regular season, Posada said he would not have called for what he doesn't consider to be Chamberlain's best pitch. Joba想丟顆變速球,Posada卻不太想要,聳聳肩膀提醒Joba等等會發生什麼事--Votto把球 拉向右外野形成了一支安打。Posada說:如果是在季賽中,他不會Call他不想要Joba投的 球。 "He's going to get stronger and he's going to learn, and he's going to get a lot more aggressive," Posada said. "That's what we want. We want him to learn. We have got some great starters in front of him that are going to help him get where he wants to go." Posada說:他必須要學習,而他會變得更加強大,這也是我們想要的,這個球季我們在他 前面放了一些很棒的先發投手,而這將幫助Joba往這個方向邁進。 While the Yankees plan to closely monitor Chamberlain's innings, Girardi said they would manage the timing of his starts, not pull him out of games early bec ause of pitch counts. But it is possible Chamberlain could be skipped in the rotation at opportune times. 洋基會嚴密的控制Joba的局數,控制Joba先發的時間,會讓他跳過幾次先發。 "As a competitor, that's going to [stink]," Chamberlain said. "I'm going to be honest with you, you want to be in the game as long as you can. 這段不太會翻,大概就是你必須盡量讓自己在比賽中維持更久。 "Your teammates are battling, but I also understand they're going to watch out. I'm going to look them in the eye and say I don't like it, but there's not much I can do about it." Joba不太喜歡這樣,但是他會接受(看來他真的想投200局XD) Girardi understands that the debate is not going away anytime soon, continuing to spark fodder on sports-talk radio and the blogosphere. But the decision is final -- Chamberlain is the Yankees' fifth starter and someone else will have to handle getting the ball to closer Mariano Rivera. Girardi知道Joba要先發還是後援這個爭論短期內不會消失,但洋基已經決定,Joba就是我 們這個球季的五號先發,而幫MO Setup這個任務將會由另外一個人來擔任。 "You're going to have to win a lot of games to win this division, and we've always considered him a starter," Girardi said. "So that's what we're going to do with him." Girardi說:你必須要贏得非常多的比賽才可以在這個分區脫穎而出。我們總是想要Joba擔 任先發這個角色,這也是我們和Joba現在在做的事。 Rivera threw 21 pitches in a Minor League game in Tampa, Fla., recording five outs. He allowed a home run, but he struck out two. ... Hideki Matsui was sched uled for a day off on Tuesday and came in with a stiff neck. ... Xavier Nady suffered a bruised left elbow when he was hit by a Micah Owings pitch in the six th inning on Tuesday. He left the game, but he was said to be fine. MO在小聯盟投了21球,解決了5個人次,被打一發HR,有兩個三振。 松井因為頸部僵硬休息一天。 Nady昨天在第六局被Owings一顆球打到左手肘,隨後就退場,不過他說OK啦! 翻譯新手,如果覺得有哪邊翻的有問題,請一定要跟我說,感謝。 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.115.207.43

04/01 21:22, , 1F
老波真的是...XDDDDDD
04/01 21:22, 1F

04/01 21:28, , 2F
=.=
04/01 21:28, 2F

04/01 21:40, , 3F
有看有推~~
04/01 21:40, 3F

04/01 21:50, , 4F
04/01 21:50, 4F

04/01 22:07, , 5F
誰敲了MO神一發HR? 拖出去砍了XD
04/01 22:07, 5F

04/01 22:45, , 6F
謝謝翻譯!
04/01 22:45, 6F

04/01 22:59, , 7F
標題嚇我一跳XD
04/01 22:59, 7F

04/01 23:57, , 8F
看來MO今年的額度用完囉
04/01 23:57, 8F

04/02 00:22, , 9F
04/02 00:22, 9F

04/02 01:21, , 10F
敲Mo神的會被別隊抓去砍,他用掉了其他隊今年能打的XD
04/02 01:21, 10F

04/02 14:01, , 11F
velocity應該是說球速
04/02 14:01, 11F
※ 編輯: OoyaoO 來自: 122.126.1.12 (04/03 13:11)
文章代碼(AID): #19qsf7I6 (NY-Yankees)