[新聞] Cashman Takes Issue With Book Anecdo …

看板NY-Yankees作者 (耿秋)時間15年前 (2009/03/14 00:22), 編輯推噓10(1001)
留言11則, 11人參與, 最新討論串1/1
重點: Cashman被寫進"墜地的火箭"一書中,氣炸了 (勿抄襲拒轉載) 1. 週三Cashman才說了一句被媒體選為當日佳句的話: "我已經一天待在辦公室8小時天天 都在處理A-Rod的事情。現在我需要醫生,治頭痛的醫生。" (註) 結果週四讓他更不爽 的事情來了。 2. 週四晚上Cashman知道他被寫進一本描述Roger Clemens的新書中,寫著他和Giambi之 間的軼事,簡直是氣炸了。這本書名為"墜地的火箭"作者是Jeff Pearlman,這本書預 計之後會在本月出版,但是一位紐約時報的記者週四在曼哈頓的書局買到了這本書。 3. 書中寫著2002年球季Giambi陷入他來到洋基第一次的低潮,Cashman在洋基一場比賽中 在球員休息室對著電視吼叫。這本書引述"一位洋基球員"聽到Cashman的吼叫聲是: " Jason, 你在奧克蘭到底吃什麼的?" 那位球員還表示,Cashman之後還補上一句: "拜 託(吃吧)!" 4. 週四晚Cashman接受紐約時報電話訪問時,他說書上所寫的這段軼事從來都沒發生,他 表示: "裡頭說的完全不是事實。" 他補充提到這本書作者:"這傢伙從來沒有打電話 給我問我這是不是真的,你想他應該要對事情作查證才對。" Cashman說這讓他非常不 爽,他表示: "我才不會吼叫呢!" 5. 週四晚書中的作者Pearlman在接受電話訪問時,則為他寫的內容辯駁,他表示: "這內 容來自一位洋基隊在現場的證人,我百分之百相信他說的話。" 但承認他的確應該打電 話問Cashman的反應,他表示: "他說的完全正確,我是沒有打電話問他,我是該打電話 給他的。但這並不表示這件事就不是事實。" 以下略... 這年頭出書爆料補刀正夯... 註: “I’ve been in my office eight hours a day for days dealing with the A-Rod stuff. Now I need a doctor. A head doctor.” — Yankees GM Brian Cashman. Cashman Takes Issue With Book Anecdote About Giambi By MICHAEL S. SCHMIDT and JOSHUA ROBINSON Published: March 13, 2009 www.nytimes.com Yankees General Manager Brian Cashman angrily took issue Thursday night with an anecdote about him and Jason Giambi that is contained in a new book about Roger Clemens. The book, “The Rocket That Fell to Earth,” (Harper Collins) by Jeff Pearlman, is to be released later this month, but a reporter for The New York Times purchased it Thursday at a Manhattan book store. The book said that when Giambi went through a slump in the 2002 season, his first with the Yankees, Cashman was heard yelling at a television in the Yankees’ clubhouse during a game. Citing “one New York player,” the book said that Cashman screamed, “Jason, whatever you were taking in Oakland,” get back on it. The book said that Cashman then added, “Please!” In a telephone interview Thursday night, Cashman said that the anecdote described in the book never happened. “That is completely false,” Cashman said. He added, in reference to the author: “This guy never even called me and asked me if it was true. You think he would have done some fact-checking.” Cashman said that even when he gets upset, “I don’t yell.” In a telephone interview on Thursday night, Pearlman stood behind his account. “The source was a Yankee player who was an eyewitness and in whom I have 100 percent confidence,” Pearlman said. But he acknowledged that he should have called Cashman for his reaction. “He ’s totally right,” Pearlman said. “I didn’t call him for comment and I should have. “But that doesn’t mean the story isn’t correct.” Giambi’s links to performance-enhancing drugs were a distraction for the Yankees during his seven years with the team. Before the 2002 season, the Yankees signed Giambi to a seven-year, $120 million contract, luring him from the Oakland A’s. Two years later, at the end of 2004, Giambi’s grand-jury testimony from the Bay Area Laboratory Co-operative investigation leaked out and revealed that Giambi had admitted to using banned substances. At a news conference at Yankee Stadium the next February, Giambi, without using the word steroids, said that he had testified truthfully before the grand jury and apologized. The next day, the Times reported that the Yankees, when they signed Giambi, had agreed to a request from Giambi to have all references to steroids removed from the guarantee language of the contract. The Yankees, however, maintained that they had no knowledge of Giambi’s use of steroids when they signed him. Most of the book, of course, deals with Clemens. It recounts his life and his relationships with women other than his wife — for which he issued a public apology last year — but offers few new details about his suspected use of performance-enhancing drugs. “I wrote the book to be a biography of Clemens more than anything else,” Pearlman said. “I wrote this book because I was honestly curious about what led Clemens to the point where he finds himself and what contributed to him becoming who he is.” The book also tries to link one retired high-profile player to the use of steroids. The book says that the player told members of the news media whom he particularly trusted that he had used performance-enhancing drugs occasionally. However, the book offers no direct evidence that the former player used such drugs. Pearlman said on Thursday night that he did contact the former player through a representative and that the representative said the player denied telling various reporters that he had used drugs. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 220.132.198.21

03/14 00:25, , 1F
繼恩歪歪副總裁的兒子持有drugs的往事被提起之後又一力作
03/14 00:25, 1F

03/14 00:34, , 2F
我才不會吼叫呢(怒吼!!)
03/14 00:34, 2F

03/14 00:36, , 3F
我才不會騙人呢(亂入!!)
03/14 00:36, 3F

03/14 00:41, , 4F
我才不會攔胡呢(插手!!)
03/14 00:41, 4F
※ 編輯: leddy 來自: 220.132.198.21 (03/14 00:47)

03/14 00:51, , 5F
Cashman吼叫的說:我才不會吼叫呢
03/14 00:51, 5F

03/14 01:01, , 6F
才不會高興呢(OP的喬巴)
03/14 01:01, 6F

03/14 01:34, , 7F
......傲嬌?
03/14 01:34, 7F

03/14 02:45, , 8F
done
03/14 02:45, 8F