Re: [新聞] Captain Jeter would welcome Manny to …

看板NY-Yankees作者 (debonair dandy)時間15年前 (2008/12/23 13:42), 編輯推噓8(800)
留言8則, 8人參與, 最新討論串1/1
※ 引述《richardcyl (more)》之銘言: : http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20081222&content_id=3726283&vkey=hotstove2008&fext=.jsp : Jeter thinks Manny would fit with Yanks : Team captain impressed by signings of two top pitchers : By Bryan Hoch / MLB.com : NEW YORK -- Derek Jeter can't claim to have a close personal relationship : with Manny Ramirez, but if the Washington Heights, N.Y., product winds up : back in New York, the Yankees captain believes he will fit in. : Jeter spoke on Monday in Central Park at a charity event for his Turn 2 : Foundation, and though he does not believe it to be the Yankees' most : pressing issue, Ramirez could help improve a lineup that ranked 10th in the : Major Leagues in run production. Jeter說他跟manny不熟, 但是manny可以幫助這個聯盟排名10得分能力的NYY : "I don't know him personally, with the exception of playing against him and : on some All-Star teams," Jeter said. "I know he's had a lot of success : everywhere he's gone, and it seems his teams have done been pretty good. : "Not too many people have problems fitting in, I don't think." : Jeter said he makes it a point not to comment on rumors, and as far as the : Yankees and Ramirez are concerned, there are many. Jeter說manny不管在哪都打的很好 來NYY應該也沒太大問題 : Yankees general manager Brian Cashman shot down a report from the Dominican : Republic that the club would sign Ramirez to a three-year, $75 million : contract this week, telling MLB.com it was "not true." : But the Yankees have been debating internally about the merits of adding : Ramirez. Though Ramirez's off-field theatrics have been the stuff of legend, : particularly in Boston, Jeter said the Yankees have a way of turning wild : spirits into winning baseball. Cashman沒有證實多明尼加的關於交易的報導 洋基內部還在對manny交易案做討論 : "We've had some free personalities through the years," Jeter said. "David : Wells was his own person, [Jason] Giambi was his own person, [and] Johnny : [Damon is] his own person. There's a lot of different personalities that play : on our team. : "It's just when you're out on the field, you're trying to accomplish one : thing, and we welcome people with their own personalities." : Many believe the Yankees need one more big bat after bidding farewell to : Giambi and Bobby Abreu, and missing the playoffs largely because of an : inconsistent offense. But count Jeter among those who believe the Yankees can : get it done as currently comprised. Jeter說我們隊上每個人都有自己的個性 所以不管Manny如何 都歡迎他來加入洋基 : "I think we have a pretty good lineup," Jeter said. "I don't think scoring : runs really has been the issue we've had the last few years. I think we've : scored plenty of runs. It's just finding ways to shut teams down." : On that front, Jeter complimented Cashman's work in securing the club's top : two choices on the free-agent pitching market. New York formally introduced : CC Sabathia and A.J. Burnett on Thursday at Yankee Stadium, representing : $243.5 million in future salary commitments between them. Jeter說他認為他們這幾年得分能力沒問題 也嘉許Cashman能網羅 C.C 跟 A.J : "I think they've done a great job adding CC and A.J. You couldn't ask for two : better starters," Jeter said. "That was all along what we said we needed, and : they've done that. And anything else they do now is just a bonus." : Jeter said he visited the new Yankee Stadium on Monday, the first time he had : been there since the old ballpark's finale in late September. Jeter說有了這兩員先發大將 已經足夠 如能再網羅其他好球員都是bonus : He was impressed by the progress made in the home clubhouse, a room he feels : a bit brighter about knowing that Sabathia and Burnett will be dropping their : belongings off for the April 16 opener against the Indians. : "Personally, I'm glad we don't have to face A.J. anymore," Jeter said. "His : stuff is as good as any pitcher in baseball. And CC, what can you say about : him? He's probably as dominating a lefty as there is. Him and [Johan] Santana : are the first two names that come to mind. The healthier [Burnett and : Sabathia] are, the better we'll be." 再度稱讚 CC 跟 AJ 不用再跟AJ交手 真是爽快 如果他們能健康打球 NYY 就更好 : Jeter also said he has spoken with free-agent left-hander Andy Pettitte, who : continues to be hung up in a salary tiff with the Yankees over his 2009 : return. The club wants Pettitte back, and Pettitte wants to pitch in the new : Yankee Stadium, but Jeter said he would leave the negotiations to his : longtime teammate. : "I'll let Andy speak for Andy. I hope [he returns]," Jeter said. "I've been : with Andy for a long time. I know he really enjoys playing here in New York : and it means a lot to him. I don't know all the details of it, but I would : love to see him back." : Bryan Hoch is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the : approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs. Jeter跟 Pettitte 談過 希望他回鍋 不過Pettitte 還是對合約內容不滿 Jeter說 他會讓派派自己想想在 NYY 打球多美好XD -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 24.24.230.119

12/23 13:47, , 1F
隊長真的是很會講話 XD
12/23 13:47, 1F

12/23 13:49, , 2F
場面話魔人XD 不愧跟了拖爺爺這麼久
12/23 13:49, 2F

12/23 13:57, , 3F
怎麼感覺沒有其他球隊在對派派出價..
12/23 13:57, 3F

12/23 15:27, , 4F
因為大家知道派派早就心有所屬
12/23 15:27, 4F