[新聞] Blistering Yankee Rally Sounds the Alarm in Boston

看板NY-Yankees作者 (燈泡)時間16年前 (2007/09/15 23:30), 編輯推噓5(502)
留言7則, 4人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Blistering Yankee Rally Sounds the Alarm in Boston 火熱的洋基讓襪襪家警鈴大響 By TYLER KEPNER from New York Times BOSTON, Sept. 14 — The gravity of the situation was obvious to Boston Red Sox Manager Terry Francona. Moments before, his team had a five-run lead over the Yankees, who had done their best to give away the game. 壓力很明顯是在粉柯南身上,前一刻襪襪還有五分領先洋基這支努力送分的隊伍 (都贏了還要酸|||= =) But now the lead was cut to three, after two homers, a walk and a double against the slumping reliever Hideki Okajima. With six outs still to go, Francona called on his closer, Jonathan Papelbon. 但這個領先在冏島秀樹自爆的兩支HR+一個BB+一支2B之後縮小為3分。為了剩下的 六個出局數,粉柯南換上的寶貝碰。 “It wasn’t the way we drew it up,” Francona said, “but we always feel good when Pap is in the game.” "雖然爆炸還是沒停,"粉柯南說"但我們在寶貝碰投球時還是感到很酥胡" (被肛得很酥胡嘛XD) Yet breaking the glass on the fire alarm only made things worse.The Yankees were rolling, and Papelbon’s trademark glare was no more intimidating than Andy Pettitte’s had been to the Red Sox. 但打破警鈴上的玻璃讓事情更糟。 洋基一直安打一支一支打,然後寶貝碰閃亮的金字 招牌再也唬不了人,甚至比派派對襪襪還糟。 The Yankees completed their comeback with a swift pounding of Papelbon, and they stormed off with an 8-7 victory at Fenway Park. 洋基的逆轉狠狠的重擊了寶貝碰,並且一輪猛攻以8比7在芬威球場穫得勝利。 The game took 4 hours 43 minutes, two minutes shy of the longest nine-inning game in major league history — played between these teams, naturally,last August at Fenway.But for the Yankees, it was worth the wait.They cut Boston’s American League East lead to four and a half games and held their three-and-a-half-game wild-card edge on Detroit. 比賽長達四小時43分鐘,只少兩分鐘就平大聯盟史上最長的九局比賽─去年八月一樣是 這兩支隊伍在芬威球場。但對洋基來說,等待是值得的。他們將美東對紅襪的勝差縮小到 4.5場,並且維持住外卡對老虎的3.5場勝差。 “I think it was our biggest win of the year, certainly,” said Alex Rodriguez, who singled in the go-ahead run. “It’s definitely character-building. It gives us a lot of confidence, coming into a place like this, being down five runs late in the game with their bullpen. You certainly feel like you stole it.” "我想這是我們今年最大的一場勝利,"打出超前分的阿肉說 "這真是character-building (不會翻|||= =)。它給我們很大的自信,在這個地方五分落後然後還要面對他們的牛棚 ,你會覺得這好像是偷來的一樣。" Okajima, whose earned run average was 0.98 through Aug. 9, has an 8.49 mark in 13 games since then. After getting the last out of the seventh inning, he gave up homers to Jason Giambi and Robinson Cano to start the eighth. 冏島在八月9號的ERA是噁心的0.98,但近13場的ERA是8.49。在七局的最後一個出局數之 後,八上以大吉和小Q兩支B2B的HR開場。 With the lead slashed to 7-4, Okajima walked Melky Cabrera and gave up a double to center by Johnny Damon, who had four hits. That brought out Francona, who summoned Papelbon and watched him allow a single to Derek Jeter and Bobby Abreu’s game-tying, two-run double off the center-field wall. 比數被追到了7比4,冏島保送牛奶弟並且被單場四安的大門敲了一支2B。這讓粉柯南走出 了休息區,呼叫寶貝碰上場並看著他被隊長敲安打,還有阿布飛向中外野全壘打牆的2分 打點追平安打。 Rodriguez, who had struck out in four of his last five at-bats over two days, smacked a fastball to center for a hard single. Seven Yankees had come to the plate in the inning, and all had reached base. The two runs charged to Papelbon were the first he had allowed since July 28. 過去兩天五打數吞四K的阿肉,抓住一顆快速球敲了一安。在這個半局有七名洋基球員站 上打擊區,並且都上到了壘包。這是寶貝碰自七月28日之後首度單局失兩分。 “You never take that lineup lightly — any way, any day,” Boston catcher Jason Varitek said. “We made some mistakes.” "你不可能輕鬆的對付這個打線─任何方式,任何時間都一樣,"襪襪的捕手Varitek說 "我們犯錯了。" The Yankees could not add to their one-run lead, but they did not need to. Luis Vizcaino, whose tired shoulder felt better after a pregame workout, worked a scoreless eighth. Mariano Rivera allowed a leadoff single in the ninth but recovered for his 27th save. 洋基無法再領先更多,但他們不需要。在賽前練習肩膀狀況略有好轉的LV,投了無失分的 第八局。MO在第九局一開始就被打了一支1B,但隨即回穩拿下本季第27次救援。 The eighth inning ended when Jorge Posada threw out pinch-runner Coco Crisp on a stolen-base attempt. It was instant redemption for Posada, who had committed a passed ball on a third strike earlier in the inning. 第八局波殺打抓到了椰子脆片的盜壘。這是波波的復仇,為了討回前一局的不死K。 That was just one of several misplays that almost cost the Yankees the game. They survived Jeter’s throwing error on the first ball the Red Sox put in play , and Giambi let a grounder go through his legs to score a run in the third. 這只是幾個差點害洋基輸掉比賽的失誤之一。隊長在襪襪打出的第一個PLAY就傳球失誤, 第三局大吉那顆滾地球穿過雙腿間(?!XD)並帶有一分打點。 ---------------------被迫要下線了,後面請好心人接下去吧-------------------- In the fourth, Giambi could not throw out Jacoby Ellsbury on a stolen-base attempt after Pettitte had him picked off. Three runs scored in that inning, the last for Pettitte, who needed 101 pitches just to wade that far. “I really don’t know what to say,” said Pettitte, who failed in his first attempt at his 200th career victory. “They just worked me extremely hard. I went out in the fourth inning and tried to be real aggressive, and two pitches later, it was first and third. It was a real struggle tonight. “What a game, though. To score six runs against their bullpen, that was huge.” Before that could happen, though, the Yankees let the lead get a little further away. In the sixth, with Jose Veras pitching, Giambi could not handle the bounce on a throw from Abreu in right field that would have doubled off David Ortiz to end the inning. Two runs later scored. “I should have run out and gotten it instead of short-hopping it,” Giambi said. “I didn’t realize that Papi wasn’t running back.” It was 7-2 by the end of the sixth, and Yankees Manager Joe Torre had used three relievers in whom he has little faith: Veras, Sean Henn and Brian Bruney. During the pitching change from Veras to Henn, Jeter predicted on the mound that the Yankees would win. “We had a lot of opportunities that we let slip by,” Jeter said. “I thought we were taking good at-bats. We were swinging the bats well; we just weren’t getting the big hits. And it was only the sixth inning.” Bruney’s 1-2-3 seventh seemed insignificant at the time, but it looked huge when the Yankees came back. Bruney (3-1) earned the victory and got the lineup card from Torre. “He was terrific,” said Torre, who also praised Veras for working a clean fifth. Red Sox starter Daisuke Matsuzaka came into the game with a 1-4 record and a 9.57 E.R.A. in his last five starts. Four batters into this one — after Matsuzaka spun Jeter off the plate with a high and inside fastball — the Yankees had the bases loaded with help from an infield hit, an error and a hit batsman. But Matsuzaka got two grounders to escape the jam, and a pattern was established: he would throw a lot of pitches, but he would grind through. Matsuzaka threw 120 pitches over five and two-thirds innings, and he was in line for his 15th victory until the Yankees’ eighth-inning thunder. “I certainly don’t want to watch that again, but I’ll look at the final score,” Torre said. “As a manager, I’m very proud of the fact that everything turned out all right, because the guys never stopped believing they could win the game. It’s as simple as that.” INSIDE PITCH Roger Clemens will make his start Sunday, Joe Torre confirmed, meaning Phil Hughes will start at home Monday. After that, the Yankees have options. They plan to use six starters down the stretch, Torre said, and their priority is to use that depth to get Andy Pettitte and Chien-Ming Wang ready for a possible playoff series. “It’s most important, with the starting rotation we have, that we do what’s best for Andy and Wang,” Torre said. “We just have to try to figure it out.” -- 棒球,是像酒一樣有後勁的 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 59.116.169.121

09/15 23:33, , 1F
character-building 是講人格重建嗎?
09/15 23:33, 1F

09/15 23:37, , 2F
品格培養, 教育的標準翻譯
09/15 23:37, 2F

09/15 23:38, , 3F
教育學術上的標準翻譯
09/15 23:38, 3F

09/15 23:39, , 4F
那不死三振, 是"這一局先前的不死三振", 不是前一局
09/15 23:39, 4F