[翻譯] Chamberlain or Hughes: Who's got better mechanics?

看板NY-Yankees作者 (Mine is now!)時間16年前 (2007/09/14 05:12), 編輯推噓12(1207)
留言19則, 10人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Chamberlain or Hughes: Who’s got better mechanics? Chamberlain與Hughes:誰的投球機制比較好? by Carlos Gomez August 15, 2007 (前言略) Phil Hughes All you need to know about how I feel about Hughes' mechanics can be found in the two articles I wrote on him earlier this year. In part 1, I said I preferred Hughes' mechanics in 2006: "I don't think he will keep his velocity throughout his career if he keeps doing what he's doing now (2007). I wouldn't be surprised to find that his four-seam fastball's average velocity is declining slightly already due to those (mechanical) changes." 想知道我對Hughes投球機制的看法,可以從我今年稍早的兩篇文章裡看出。在第一 部份,我說過我比較喜歡Hughes在2006年時的投球機制: "我不認為他能在他的投手生涯始終保持著現在的球速,如果他繼續使用現在的 投球機制。對於他在改過投球機制後,四縫線速球的均速有著些微下滑的現象我並 不感到驚訝。" In part 2, I said: "One more thing I'd like to point out. At no point have I said "I don't think he's a good pitcher." Mechanics is just one part of a pitcher's evaluation. His command is excellent, his curveball is outstanding and his changeup (based on his last outing) underrated. His mechanics? A bit overrated." 在第二部份,我提到了: "另一點我想特別說明的是。我從來沒說過"我不覺得他是一個好投手"。投球 機制只是評估投手的重點之一。他的控球十分的好,曲球也很出色,而他的變速 球則被低估了(根據Hughes在8/10對笑臉人那場先發的狀況)。 他的投球機制呢?有點被高估了。" Joba Chamberlain Last year, after the draft, I wrote an article on last year's draft picks that included this less than positive review of Joba: "This Sidney Ponson wannabe doesn’t have Ponson’s powerful mechanics (not this year, I’m talking years past). I just don’t like him nearly enough for all the buzz he gets. I like athletes, and if he turns out like Ponson, he will weigh 280 in few years. No thank you." 去年在選秀之後,我針對洋基選到的球員寫了一篇文章,裡面包含了一些對Joba 較不正面的評論: 這個想成為胖松的小子並不具有胖松本人的強力投球機制(我不是指今年,而 是指過去幾年的情況)。我就是不喜歡他,因為那些關於他的吹捧。我喜歡健壯的 運動員,而他如果變的像胖松,他會在幾年內肥到280磅。謝謝再連絡。 Admittedly, that was harsh. However, if you look at Chamberlain's mechanics in 2006 versus his mechanics this year, they have changed significantly... 不可否認的,那篇文掌講的有點嚴厲。話說回來,如果你把Chamberlain在2006年 的投球機制與今年的比較,會發現它有了重大的轉變...(見附圖) These may look similar, but the difference is astounding. In 2007, Joba has much better tempo, as he keeps his body moving and does not interrupt his momentum to the plate by "sitting over the rubber" like he did last year. There's better drive, better "oomph" and a more aggressive element to his delivery. As someone who prefers quick tempo and aggressive deliveries, can you blame me for saying that about Joba last year? Kudos to the Yankees and Joba for making these changes. 這兩張可能看起來有點相似,但其中的不同處是讓人驚訝的。在2007年,Joba有著 比較好的投球節奏,在他進行投球的動作時,他並不像去年那樣有著"坐在投手丘 上"的姿勢而中斷了向著本壘板的動力。現在他的投球有著更好的傳動,更好的活 力以及一點侵略性的元素。對於一個喜歡快速投球節奏與侵略性投球的人來說, 你能夠責怪我去年對Joba的那種評論嗎?我對洋基隊與Joba的這些改變感到贊同。 Having said that, let's compare Joba and Phil in a few key areas. 講完這些後,來針對幾個重要的部份比較一下Joba和Phil吧。 Tempo 投球節奏 Here's a clip of their deliveries. I synchronized them to when both pitchers' left legs pass over the right leg on the way up to their knee lifts: 這裡有他們兩個人的投球剪輯。我把兩個投手從左腿抬高直到他們的右膝抬起 的部份做了同步播放:(見附圖) This one's not even close. If anything, I might've actually given Hughes a little bit of a head start in that clip. Regardless, Chamberlain smokes him in this race. Joba has better tempo and carries his body with better momentum into footplant. Simply put, Joba uses his body better. 這個剪輯並不完全接近。如果可以的話,我會再加一點剪輯裡Hughes的啟始動作。 不管怎麼說,Chamberlain在這個比較中比Hughes要好上許多。Joba有著比較好的 投球節奏而且讓他的身體承載了比較多的動力直到腳著地。簡單來講,Joba比較能 運用自己的身體。 Arm action 揮臂動作 Generally speaking, I prefer a Hughes-like short arm action. Note how Phil keeps a slight bend on his elbow as his arm moves back, never fully straightening out like Joba's does. That said, notice how "whippy" Joba's arm is compared to Hughes (frames 11-15). I believe that Hughes' lack of whip is a result of several factors, mainly that Hughes seems to open up his left shoulder early. 整體上來講,我比較喜歡Hughes那種揮臂路徑較短的動作。注意Hughes在他把手臂 拉後時讓手肘的部分呈現微彎,而不會像Chamberlain那樣完全伸直。這說明了, 與Hughes相比,Chamberlain的手臂是多麼的具有"彈性"(見附圖)。我相信造成 Hughes的缺乏彈性是由一些因素造成的,主要是因為Hughes左肩打開的比較早。 (譯註:whip在這裡翻做彈性,原本的意思是像鞭子一樣的把手給甩出去。) I realize that these clips are not perfectly synchronized to release (the limitations of 30 frames/second video), but note where the ball is on the first frame of this sequence. Hughes is further along in the throwing process. In other words, he's got less distance to cover than Joba. Chamberlain appears to have a quicker arm because it has a longer distance to travel, but he covers it in the same amount of time as Hughes. I believe this goes along with their respective tempos. Because Hughes stays over the rubber longer (his tempo is slower), his arm is forced to slow down in order to wait for his front foot to finally land so that he can then unleash. I've had several students with arm action hitches that have benefited greatly by increasing the tempo in their deliveries. As a matter of fact, I had a student today make that exact same adjustment, and while it didn't completely eliminate his hitch (not yet anyway), he now keeps his arm moving through a spot where it would previously come to a stop. 我知道這剪輯並不完全同步(受限於影片每秒30格的限制),但注意在連續動作中 第一格畫面裡球的位置。Hughes的投球步驟比較快。換句話說,他的揮臂路徑比 Chamberlain來的短。Chamberlain則很明顯的揮臂速度較快因為他的揮臂路徑比 較長,但是他手揮出去的時間點跟Hughes是很接近的。我相信這是因為他們不同 的投球節奏所造成的。因為Hughes在投手板停留的比較久(他的投球節奏比較慢) ,他的手臂因為必須等到前腳著地才能甩出去而被迫慢下來。我有幾個學生有著 揮臂不順暢的問題,都透過了增快投球節奏而有著顯著的改善。事實上,我有個 學生剛做了同樣的調整,雖然並不能完全消去他的不順暢(只是還沒罷了),但他 現在已經能讓他的手臂揮過之前動作停頓的那個點了。촊 Here's a clip that I showed in my first Phil Hughes article that compares his mechanics in 2006 to this year. My question to you: Who seems to have better arm speed 以下是在我第一篇Phil Hughes的文章裡的剪輯,用來比較他今年與2006年的投球 機制(見附圖)。以下是我的問題:誰的揮臂動作看起來比較快? Look, I'm not saying that Hughes' arm action is bad. It's not, although I would prefer the '06 version. However, even with Chamberlain's slight length in the back, his arm is more whippy, he loads the scapula better and has the quicker arm. Edge: Joba 聽著,我並不是說Hughes的揮臂動作是不好的。它並不是,只是我比較傾向2006 年的版本。無論如何,即使Chamberlain的路徑較長,但他有著較有彈性的手臂, 他的肩胛能承受較多力量,也有著較快的揮臂速度。勝出:Chamberlain Finish/follow through 完成/延伸動作 I'll save you the suspense. Phil has Joba beat in this one. 我不吊你胃口了。Hughes在這點上贏了Chamberlain。 Note how well Hughes buries that right shoulder and gives his arm a nice, long arc that decelerates the arm more smoothly. Joba throws really hard, so it is a bit worrisome that he finishes a bit on the abrupt side. (見附圖)注意Hughes把他的右肩壓下的多好,這使得他的手臂呈現了一個長而優美 的弧度來讓他的手臂能減速的更加順暢。Chamberlain則是投的十分用力,所以他 的投球動作收尾的有點突然,讓人比較擔憂。 Other thoughts on mechanics/stuff 其它關於投球機制/球質的看法 1) Hughes repeats his delivery extremely well. It's early and I haven't seen Joba nearly enough, but Hughes is just so consistent at repeating his delivery that I would have a hard time believing that Joba could be better at it. 1) Hughes在重複他的投球動作這方面做的十分出色。而現在還早而且我對 Chamberlain的觀察還不夠多,但是Hughes始終如一的重複他的投球動作, 讓我很難相信Chamberlain有能做更好的空間。 2) Joba has much better hip/shoulder separation than Phil. That separation is indicative of better torque and a driver of velocity. 2} Chamberlain有著與Hughes相較之下較佳的腰臀與肩膀的間隔。這個間隔象徵了 比較好的扭矩與球速的驅動力。 3) Both are very good at firming up the front side and "bringing everything together" at release. Here's Joba: His glove's movement is an indicator. Note that it does not pull it into his hip. Instead, he brings his chest to the glove and tightens everything up in the moments leading up to release. In my article on the swings of Ruth, Bonds, Aaron and A-Rod, I talked about the figure skater analogy. Same concept here. Much like hitters can turn faster by staying tight and keeping their arms and bathead close to their axis of rotation, pitchers who get tight at the end are able to turn faster and control their limbs better. 3) 兩個人在維持正面的固定以及將"把一切都凝聚在一起"的釋放上都表現的十分 的好。以下是Chamberlain的剪輯(見附圖): 他的手套行進路線就像是個指示器。注意到它並沒有拉到Chamberlain的臀部。 與此相反的,他把他的胸部帶往手套的方向並在球投出的剎那將全身都繃緊。在我 之前討論Ruth、Bonds、Aaron與A-Rod的文章裡,我提到了與溜冰者動作的相關性。 這裡的概念是一樣的。更像是打者們能藉由保持緊繃和把他們的手臂與棒頭貼近他 們的旋轉軸而能更快轉動身體一樣,投手只要能在出手的一瞬間保持緊繃,他就可 以轉得更快,也更能夠控制他的四肢。 4) Their arm slots are very similar in these clips. I believe Joba should stay there in order to maximize the carry on his four-seam fastball. I prefer that Phil go to the lower, 2006 version of his arm slot. The Hughes clips in this article were from earlier this year, in May. Since coming off the disabled list, it looks like he's going with a lower slot, although I would need to really analyze the video in order to make sure. 4)在這些剪輯裡他們兩人的出手位置十分的相近。我相信Chamberlain應該繼續維持 相同的出手位置來讓他的四縫線速球維持最大的效果。至於Hughes我則覺得他的出 手位置應該要低一點,也就是他在2006年的出手位置。在這篇文章裡Hughes今年投 球動作的剪輯是比較早的,大約在五月。從傷兵名單回來後,看起來他的出手位置 有比較低,但是我還是得需要真正仔細的研究一下影片來確定。 5) Better fastball: Joba. Better offspeed pitch: This one's really close, but I have to give the edge to Joba's sick slider over Phil's excellent curveball and underrated changeup. I've seen Hughes' slider once, and it was pretty good, but I'd need to see it a few more times to make an accurate assessment of it. Better Command: Hughes, hands-down. 5) 擁有比較好的速球的人:Chamberlain 擁有比較好的速差球種的人:這點兩人可說是十分接近,但我還是覺得Chamberlain 的變態滑球贏過了Hughes的絕佳曲球和被低估的變速球。我曾經看過一次Hughes的 滑球,它看起來十分的不錯,但我還是得多看幾次才能做出準確的評價。 擁有比較好的控球的人:Hughes,這點毫無疑問。 Final Thoughts 結語 Given the choice between the two, whom do I take? It is very difficult to ignore Hughes' track record, stuff, feel for pitching and his outstanding command. That said, assuming their mechanics remain similar to what they are right now, Joba has a better chance of keeping his plus-plus stuff as he ages. Yes, I worry about Joba's physique and his abrupt finish. Assuming that Joba can keep his weight under control (it looks like he's in better shape), right now, from a mechanical efficiency point-of-view, the choice is clear. Give me the quick tempo, momentum-building, aggressive pitcher who struck out almost 14 batters per nine innings in the minors this year. I agree with you Mr. Law, 如果要在這兩人裡面挑一個,我會選誰呢?Hughes的出賽紀錄,球質,投球的感覺 與他那傑出的控球很難讓人忽略。這麼說吧,假設他們的投球機制都持續保持著 現狀,Chamberlain比較有機會能在他往後的生涯保持現在絕佳的球質。沒錯,我 對於Chamberlain的體型與他那較突然的收尾動作感到擔心。假設他能繼續保持他 的體重(看起來他現在的體型比較好),在當下,以投球機制的角度來說,選擇 結果是明顯的。這個有著快速投球節奏,充滿動力,具侵略性並在今年的小聯盟 有著平均每九局三振將近十四名打者成績的投手。 Joba Chamberlain is my pick. 我會選擇Chamberlain。 原文出處:http://tinyurl.com/35sd5w 謬誤之處,還請不吝指教 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 61.216.3.196

09/14 05:17, , 1F
平均九局14k啊... 那麼現金人說明年讓井川當先發是 = =?
09/14 05:17, 1F

09/14 06:25, , 2F
1) Wang, Pettitte, Mussina, Chamberlain, Igawa
09/14 06:25, 2F

09/14 06:26, , 3F
2) Wang, Pettitte, Chamberlain, Hughes, Igawa
09/14 06:26, 3F

09/14 06:27, , 4F
3) Wang, Mussina, Chamberlain, Hughes, Igawa
09/14 06:27, 4F

09/14 06:28, , 5F
4) Wang, Chamberlain, Hughes, Igawa, Kennedy
09/14 06:28, 5F

09/14 06:29, , 6F
上面是四種狀況,個人希望不要出現3/4這兩種Orz
09/14 06:29, 6F

09/14 06:39, , 7F
而且最好能再找一個13~15W等級的投手,不能全賭Wang
09/14 06:39, 7F

09/14 06:53, , 8F
我覺得應該是大帝/小克/阿宅爭4.5 剩下來的當長中繼
09/14 06:53, 8F

09/14 06:55, , 9F
阿甘可以在AAA在練一下...新秀拔太快不見的好
09/14 06:55, 9F

09/14 07:00, , 10F
不過Igawa沒 Kennedy表現的好
09/14 07:00, 10F

09/14 07:20, , 11F
不過體重會影響很大嗎??看看沙包,那根本是空母....
09/14 07:20, 11F

09/14 09:52, , 12F
宅明年還是留在3A吧,三小投表現都很好耶
09/14 09:52, 12F

09/14 10:25, , 13F
體型越厚實 身體就越能承受力量阿
09/14 10:25, 13F

09/14 10:31, , 14F
我覺得明年有可能是2
09/14 10:31, 14F

09/14 11:45, , 15F
I prefer 2 either.
09/14 11:45, 15F

09/14 11:46, , 16F
but why not "Wang, Pet., Moose, Hughes, Chamber."???
09/14 11:46, 16F

09/14 11:47, , 17F
really not trust Igawa.... Moose can go another Yr
09/14 11:47, 17F

09/14 11:58, , 18F
而且Joba膝蓋本來就有點問題 體重當然不能太重
09/14 11:58, 18F

09/14 12:04, , 19F
還有阿甘本來就差不多OK了,大學生完成度比較高很正常
09/14 12:04, 19F
文章代碼(AID): #16wQUwhc (NY-Yankees)