[情報] MLB的新聞

看板NY-Mets作者 (河豚)時間20年前 (2004/02/27 19:36), 編輯推噓2(200)
留言2則, 2人參與, 最新討論串1/1
http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/nym/news/nym_news.jsp?ymd= 20040226&content_id=641746&vkey=spt2004news&fext=.jsp [附照] Matsui heats up in batting practice 02/26/2004 3:17 PM ET By Kevin T. Czerwinski / MLB.com Kaz Matsui fields a sharp grounder during Mets training camp on Thursday. (Rick Silva/AP) Notes: Mets plan to keep Weathers PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. -- Kaz Matsui caused quite a stir Thursday during the first full rain-free day of workouts at Tradition Field when he took live batting practice off Tom Glavine and Scott Erickson. Matsui had trouble catching up to many of the pitchers, not uncommon for hitters this early in Spring Training, but he did turn on an inside fastball from Glavine and shoot one into the gap. The event proved to be big news for the nearly two dozen or so Japanese reporters who are in Port St. Lucie covering Matsui. They questioned Glavine extensively on the batting practice session before talking to manager Art Howe and Matsui himself. "I thought he looked good," Glavine said. "He hasn't done anything to make me think the scouting reports are wrong. On the field he's been quick and with his bat he's like everyone else just trying to get comfortable. But he did turn on that inside fastball." Matsui was a little sheepish when asked if he thought the ball he hit off Glavine would go over the fence. "No," he said with a laugh. Matsui didn't seem to put much stock in the results of Thursday's live batting practice, though. He has a plan at the plate and is pretty much sticking to it. "I'm more concerned with my swing and not worried about adjusting to the pitch," he said. "I just wanted to swing and see where the ball goes and not adjust to the pitch itself. I'd like to just keep the style of play I had in Japan and make adjustments from there. Hitting home runs here will be more difficult but I think my doubles and triples will increase because of the big outfield gaps at Shea Stadium." Glavine added that he has been having fun watching Matsui as have his teammates. "Everyone keeps talking about how he might be as fast or faster than Ichiro [Suzuki]," Glavine said. "That's hard to believe but he is pretty quick. That's part of the fun for us [the players] because we're fans, too. We're curious to know how Kaz is going to do. We're no different in that regard." -- ︵︵︵ ※ 料理東西軍 ※ ︵︵︵ ◤ ◥ ЖayengЖ (_ _) \ // (_ _) 今晚你要選哪邊 /\ |____| /\ \╳ / / /\ |____| /\ ◣ ◢ \_\ (′Д‵) /_/ ╳\/ \_\ (′Д‵) /_/ m加入我的最愛 \/|__|\/ / \ \/|__|\/ 分類討論區→視聽劇場→ | | | | TV-Set→Entertain→Dochii -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 163.25.118.43

推 218.167.58.114 02/28, , 1F
胖硯翻譯吧...
推 218.167.58.114 02/28, 1F

推 163.25.118.43 03/01, , 2F
胖狗翻譯吧...
推 163.25.118.43 03/01, 2F
文章代碼(AID): #10FoktDA (NY-Mets)