[試題] 109-2 蘇柏青 凸函數最佳化 期末考

看板NTU-Exam作者 (UJ)時間2年前 (2021/06/25 02:04), 編輯推噓1(101)
留言2則, 2人參與, 2年前最新討論串1/1
課程名稱︰凸函數最佳化 課程性質︰電機所選修 課程教師︰蘇柏青 開課學院:電資學院 開課系所︰電機所 考試日期(年月日)︰110.06.24 考試時限(分鐘):100 試題 : 註:以下部分數學符號與式子以LaTeX語法表示。 Exam policy: Open book. You can bring any books, handouts, and any kinds of pa- per-based notes with you. Use of electronic devices (including cellphones, lap- tops, tablets, etc.), however, is strictly prohibited, with the only exception being: 1. Reading materials on the course website NTU Cool. Note: the total score of this exam is 150 points. 1. (60%) For each of the following optimization problems, find (i) the Lagrang- ian L(x, \lambda, \nu), (ii) dual function g(\lambda, \nu) along with its doma- in dom g, (iii) the dual problem, (iv) the KKT conditions for the optimal prim- al and dual variables (x^*, \lambda^*, \nu^*). (a) (5%+5%+5%+5%) minimize c^Tx subject to Ax \preceq b where A \in R^{m\times n}, b \in R^m, and c \in R^n. (b) (5%+5%+5%+5%) minimize x^TP_0x subject to x^TP_1x <= 1 Ax = b where P_0, P_1 \in S^n_{++}. (c) (5%+5%+5%+5%) minimize 2x_1-3x_2+2x_3 subject to x_1[1 0 \\ 0 1] + x_2[1 -1 \\ -1 1] + x_3[2 -1 \\ -1 1] \preceq _{S^2_+} [0 1 \\ 1 0]. Hint: the Lagrange multiplier for this problem is in the form of a symmetr- ic matrix. You can use the notation Z, as in, e.g., L(x, Z) and g(Z), etc. 2. (16%) For the following pairs of proper cones K \subseteq R^q and function \psi: R^q -> R, determine whether \psi is a generalized logarithm for K. If so, find the degree of the generalized logarithm. Justify your answers. (a) (8%) K = R^3_+, \psi(x) = \logx_1 + 2\logx_2 + \logx_3. (b) (8%) K = R^3_+, \psi(x) = \log(x_1 + x_2 + x_3). 3. (14%) Consider the inequality constrained problem minimize c^Tx subject to Ax \preceq b and its approximated problem minimize tc^Tx + \phi(x) where \phi(x) = \sum_{i=1}^m-\log(b_i - a_i^Tx) with a_i^T being the ith row of A. We assume A \in R^{m\times n}, b \in R^m, and c \in R^n. Let f_0 : R^n -> R be defined as f_0(x) = tc^Tx + \phi(x) where t>0. (a) (14%) Derive \nabla f_0(x) and \nabla^2 f_0(x). Write the answers in terms of A, b, c, x, and t. 4. (60%) True and false. There are 20 questions in this section. For each ques- tion, you can choose to write down your answer (T of F) or leave it blank. Sup- pose the numbers of correct answers, wrong answers are n_c and n_w. Then the s- core you get from this section is \max{3\cdot n_c - 3\cdot n_w, 0}. Note that n_c + n_w + n_b = 20 where n_b is the number of problems left blank. You don't have to justify your answer. 1. A cone K \subseteq R^n is called a proper cone if it is convex, open, solid, and pointed. 2. A cone K is said to be solid if int K \neq \empty. 3. A cone K is said to be pointed if for any x, x \in K \ {0} => -x \in K. 4. Given a generalized inequality on R^n, the minimal element of a subset S of R^n either is unique or does not exist. 5. The dual function of an optimization problem is concave if and only if the primal problem is a convex optimization problem. 6. The dual function g(\lambda, \nu) gives a lower bound of the optimal value of the primal problem whenever g(\lambda, \nu) > -\inf and \lambda \geq 0. 7. The weak duality (d^* \leq p^*, where p^* and d^* are the optimal values of the primal and dual problems, respectively) holds only when the primal prob- lem satisfies the Slater's conditions. 8. The strong duality (d^* = p^*) holds only when the primal problem is convex and satisfies the Slater's conditions. 9. Let E be the ellipsoid E = {x | (x-x_0)^TA^{-1}(x-x_0) \leq 1}, where A \in S^n_{++}. THen, the condition number of E is cond(E) = \lambda_{max}(A) / \lambda_{min}(A). 10. The steepest descent method coincides with the gradient descent method when the norm associated with the steepest descent method is chosen as the quad- ratic norm determined by the Hessian of the objective function at the opti- mal point (i.e., \nabla^2f(x^*)). 11. An important feature of the Newton step is that it is independent of linear (or affine) changes of coordinates. 12. Let ||\cdot|| be any norm on R^n. The normalized steepest descent direction with respect to the norm ||\cdot|| is defined as \Delta x_{nsd} = arg min_v {\nabla f(x)^Tv | ||v|| = 1}. 13. Let P \in S^n_{++} and consider the quadratic norm ||\cdot||_P. The steepe- st descent step with respect to ||\cdot||_P is given by \Delta_{sd} = -P^{-1}\nabla f(x) where f is the objective function of an u- nconstrained minimization problem of interest. 14. If \psi : R^n -> R is a generalized logarithm for a proper cone K \subseteq R^n, then y^T\nabla\psi(y) = \theta for some \theta. 15. Suppose K \subseteq R^n is a proper cone and K^* is its dual cone. If \psi : R^n -> R is a generalized logarithm for K^*, then y \prec _{K^*} 0. 16. Consider the positive semidefinite cone S^p_+ and a function f : S^n -> R, dom f = S^p_{++}, f(X) = \log detX^2. Then f is a generalized logarithm wi- th degree 2p. 17. The KKT conditions for the problem with generalized inequalities minimize f_0(x) subject to f_i(x) \preceq _{K_i} 0 where f_0 : R^n -> R is convex, f_i : R^n -> R^k are K_i-convex, and K_i \subseteq R^{k_i} are proper cones, are f_i(x^*) \preceq _{K_i} 0, \lambda_i \succeq _{K_i^*}, (\lambda_i^*)^Tf_i(x^*) = 0, \forall i = 1,..,m , and \nabla f_0(x^*) + \sum_{i=1}^mDf_i(x^*)^T\lambda_i^* = 0. 18. Let K \subseteq R^q be a proper cone. If f : R^n -> R^q is K-convex, then f must also be a convex function. 19. Consider the problem with generalized inequalities minimize f_0(x) subject to f_i(x) \preceq _{K_i} 0, i = 1,...,m where f_0 : R^n -> R is convex, f_i : R^n -> R^k are K_i-convex, and K_i \subseteq R^{k_i} are proper cones, and let \psi_i, i = 1,...,m be gen- eralized logarithms for K_1,...,K_m, respectively. Then, the central points of the problem are characterized by t\nabla f_0(x) + \sum_{i=1}^mDf_i(x)^T\nabla\phi_i(-f_i(x)) = 0. 20. The phase I problem defined as minimize s subject to f_i(x) \leq s, i = 1,...,m Ax = b is always strictly feasible, given that b is in the column space of A and f_i is convex for all i = 1,...,m. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 111.241.115.36 (臺灣) ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/NTU-Exam/M.1624557855.A.790.html

06/25 13:54, 2年前 , 1F
期末大放送>///<
06/25 13:54, 1F

06/25 14:03, 2年前 , 2F
佛心公司><
06/25 14:03, 2F
文章代碼(AID): #1WrCaVUG (NTU-Exam)