[試題] 100下 高天恩 英詩選讀 期末考

看板NTU-Exam作者 (sleep_deprivated)時間12年前 (2012/06/22 18:30), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/1
課程名稱︰English Poetry 課程性質︰必/選 課程教師︰高天恩 開課學院:文學院 開課系所︰外文系 考試日期(年月日)︰101.6.22 考試時限(分鐘): 是否需發放獎勵金:是 I. Fill each of the following blanks with correct information: (55%) 1. Aunt Jennifer's tigers prance across a ___(1)___, Bright topaz denizens of a world of green. They do not fear the men beneath the tree; They pace in sleek ___(2)___ certainty. The above lines are quoted from "Aunt Jennifer's Tigers" by ___(3)___. 2. Where had I heard this ___(4)___ before Change like this to a deeper ___(5)___? What would it take my standing there for, Holding open a restive ___(6)___, Looking down hill to a frothy shore? These lines are quoted from ___(7)___ by ___(8)___. 3. My grandfather cut more ___(9)___ in a day Than any other man on Toner's ___(10)___. 4. Nature's first green is gold, Her hardest ___(11)___ to hold. Her early leaf's a ___(12)___; But only so an hour. 5. I am silver and ___(13)___. I have no ___(14)___. Whatever I see I swallow immediately Just as it is, unmisted by love or dislike. I am not cruel, only truthful - The eye of a little ___(15)___, four-cornered. These lines are quoted from ___(16)___ by ___(17)___. 6. The woods around it have it--___(18)___ is theirs. All animals are smothered in their lairs. I am too ___(19)___ to count; The loneliness includes me unawares. This stanza is quoted from ___(20)___ by Robert Frost. 7. I saw on the slant hill a ___(21)___ lamb, Propped with ___(22)___. The sleep looked deep, The face nudged in the green pillow But the ___(23)___ were out for ___(24)___ to eat. 8. When I behold, upon the night's starred face, Huge cloudy symbols of a high ___(25)___, And think that I may never live to trace Their shadows with the ___(26)___ ___(27)___ of chance; .... 9. Why should she give her ___(28)___ to the dead? What is ___(29)___ if it can come Only in silent shadows and in dreams? Shall she not find in comforts of the sun, In pungent fruit and bright, green wings, or else In any ___(30)___ or ___(31)___ of the earth, Things to be cherished like the thought of ___(32)___? ... These lines are quoted from ___(33)___ by ___(34)___. 10. She had thought the ___(35)___ would keep itself, no duest upon the furniture of love. Half heresy, to wish the taps less vocal, the panes relieved of grime. A plate of pears, a ___(36)___ with a Persian shawl, a ___(37)___ stalking the picturesque amusing mouse had risen at his urging. 11. The ___(38)___ of losing isn't hard to master, so many things seem filled with the intent to be lost that their loss is no ___(39)___. 12. Like ___(40)___ with their ribbons frayed and wavering, a five-haired beard of wisdom trailing from his aching ___(41)___. I stared and stared and ___(42)___ filled up the little rented boat, ... 13. The ___(43)___ must be somewhere in the centre, Horned as a unicorn, at one end square, Set there immovable: an altar Where he expends himself in ___(44)___ and music. 14. I cannot rub the strangeness from my sight I got from looking through a pane of glass I skimmed this morning from the drinking trough And held it against the world of hoary ___(48)___. It ___(49)___, and I let it fall and break. These lines are quoted from ___(50)___ by ___(51)___. The phrase "pane of glass" in the 2nd line refers to ___(52)___. 15. Seasons of mists and mellow ___(53)___, Close bosom friend of the ___(54)___ sun. Conspiring with him how to load and bless With fruit the ___(55)___ that round the thatch-eaves run. II. Short Essay Questions. In addition to the first two questions , choose two more out of the remaining six topics. (50%) 1. Discuss the theme and imagery of Wallace Stevens' "Sunday Morning." 2. How does Robert Frost convey so vividly the experience of "apple-picking"? Cite examples of effective images used in "After Apple-Picking," and discuss the emotional response that these images evoke. 3. Discuss the theme, imagery and tone of Elizabeth Bishop's "The Fish." 4. Discuss Seamus Heaney's "Digging" and "The Forge" in terms of theme and imagery. 5. Discuss the theme and imagery of Adrienne Rich's "Storm Warnings" or her "Living in Sin." 6. Discuss Keats' "To Autumn" in terms of theme and imagery. 7. Discuss Yeats' "The Second Coming," in terms of theme and imagery. 8. Discuss any poem or poems we have studied in class (but not covered by the above questions) in any way you see fit. (滿分為105) ------------------------------- -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 59.112.87.41
文章代碼(AID): #1Fv4bRaQ (NTU-Exam)