[試題] 96下 高天恩 英詩選讀下 期中考

看板NTU-Exam作者時間16年前 (2008/04/25 18:10), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/1
課程名稱︰英詩選讀下 課程性質︰選修 課程教師︰高天恩 開課學院:文學院 開課系所︰外文系 考試日期(年月日)︰2008.4.25 考試時限(分鐘):120分鐘 是否需發放獎勵金:是 謝謝! (如未明確表示,則不予發放) 試題 : I. Fill each of the following blanks with correct information: 55% 1. Life the _______ Equivocal Comes at a bound Either to rend me Or to befriend me. 2. I cannot rub the strangeness from my sight I got from looking through a pane of glass I skimmed this morning from the drinking trough And held against the world of hoary ________. It _______, and I let it fall and break. These lines are quoted from _______ by _______. The phrase "a pane of glass" in the second line refers to _______. 3. Round the cape of a sudden came the ______. And the sun looked over the mountain's rim: And straight was a path of gold for him, And the need of a world of _______ for me. The title of this short poem is ________. It is a sequel to ______. Both poems were written by ________. 4. The gray sea and the long ________ land; And the yellow half-moon large and low; And the startled little _____ that leap In fiery ringlets from their sleep, As I gain the cove with pushing _______, And quench its speed i' the slushy sand. 5. --Even losing ______ (the joking voice, a gesture I love) I shan't have lied. It's evident The _______ of losing's not too hard to master Though it may look like (Write it!) like _______. 6. Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight _______ eyes could blaze like meteors and be ________, Rage, rage against the dying of the ________. 7. Where had I heard this ________ before Change like this to a deeper ______? What would it take my standing there for, Holding open a restive ______, Looking down hill to a frothy shore? These lines are from _____ by _______. 8. Like _______ with their ribbons Frayed and wavering, A five-haired beard of wisdom Trailing from his aching ________. I stared and stared And ______ filled up the little rented boat, ... 9. ... Oh, sir, she smiled, no doubt, Whene'er I passed her; but who passed without Much the same smile? This grew; I gave commands; Then all _______ stopped together. There she stands As if ______. Will't please you rise? We'll meet The company below, then.... These lines are quoted from _______. The word "you" in the fifth line refers to ______. 10. The woods around it have it-- _______ is theirs. All animals are smothered in their lairs. I am too _______ to count; The loneliness includes me unawares. This stanza is quoted from _______ by Robert Frost. 11. Black _______ with the sound of steel on stones Are sharpening their scythes. I see them place the _______ In their hip-pockets as a thing that's done, And start their silent _______, one by one. 12. Nature's first green is gold, Her hardest _______ to hold. Her early leaf's a _______; But only so an hour. These lines are quoted from a poem titled ________. 13. My black face fades, Hiding inside the black ________. I said I wouldn't, Dammit: No ________. 14. My grandfather cut more _______ in a day Than any other man on Toner's _______. 15. And has this _______ a like perfection? The mind is like a _______. Precisely. Save That in the very happiest intellection A graceful error may correct the ______. 16. I let my neighbor know beyond the hill; And on a day we meet to walk the line And set the _______ between us once again. We keep the ______ between us as we go. To each the _______ that have fallen to each. And some are loaves and some so nearly balls We have to use a spell to make them balance: "Stay where you are until our _______ are turned!" II. Essay Questions: Briefly discuss any FOUR of the following topics: 50% 1. Discuss the theme, imagery, and tone of Elizabeth Bishop's "The Fish." 2. Discuss Seamus Heaney's "Digging" and "The Forge" in terms of theme and imagery. 3. Compare and contrast Robert Frost's "Design" with Ralph Waldo Emerson's "The Rhodora" in terms of theme and imagery. 4. How does Robert Frost convey so vividly the experience of "apple-picking?" Cite examples of effective images used in "After Apple-Picking," and discuss the emotional responses these images evoke. 5. Discuss the theme and imagery of Richard Wilbur's "The Writer." 6. Discuss any poem or poems we have studied in class (but not covered by the above questions) in any way you see fit. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.112.7.59 ※ 編輯: tver 來自: 140.112.7.59 (04/25 18:15)
文章代碼(AID): #184QuZJn (NTU-Exam)