[轉錄][外電] Trade scenarios bloom: Kenyon Martin …

看板NTPU-ECON90A作者 (翻臉也要公開翻,是原則)時間18年前 (2006/05/01 18:51), 編輯推噓1(101)
留言2則, 2人參與, 最新討論串1/1
※ [本文轉錄自 Sixers 看板] 作者: jimcal (Let go Yankees!) 看板: Sixers 標題: [外電] Trade scenarios bloom: Kenyon Martin for A.I.? 時間: Mon May 1 15:47:58 2006 Posted on Sun, Apr. 30, 2006 On the NBA | Trade scenarios bloom: Kenyon Martin for A.I.? By David Aldridge Inquirer Columnist http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/basketball/14460840.htm This stings, doesn't it? 多麼傷感,不是嗎? The NBA playoffs are under way, with stars putting up big performances and making their reputations, and the 76ers are home. NBA季後賽正如火如荼地進行著,球星們以驚人的表現創造他們的榮耀,而七六人 只能坐在家裡。 No A.I. No C Webb. 沒有A.I.。 也沒有C-Webb。 So, what to do? 所以,該怎麼做? Periodically over the next few weeks, we'll look at potential solutions to what ails the Sixers. We are operating on the assumption that no one is off the table, which means you will read about scenarios involving Allen Iverson. (We are on record as saying that that's a dumb idea, but we're also realistic; we know there are no untouchables on a sub-.500 team.) 在接下來這幾個禮拜裏,我們將檢視有可能的解決方案,來看看有什麼可以幫助七六人 的。我們假設,沒有誰是不能交易的,這意味著你會看到包括 Allen Iverson 在內的 方案。(我們說過這是很蠢的想法,但是我們抱持開放的態度來看這一切;我們知道在 一支勝率不到五成的球隊裡是沒什麼人不能碰的。) With that, we ask this week's question: Should the Sixers pursue Kenyon Martin? 因此,本週的問題是:七六人該不該找來 Kenyon Martin? Martin and the Denver Nuggets are headed for a divorce. There is no chance at reconciliation. Martin 和 丹佛金塊之間已經出現歧異。沒有什麼轉圜餘地了。 The backstory: Martin was suspended indefinitely by the Nuggets on Tuesday, the day after he lit into coach George Karl at halftime of Game 2 of Denver's first-round series with the Los Angeles Clippers. Martin was angry that Karl had played him only six minutes in the first half, and repeatedly cursed Karl within earshot of the other Nuggets players. 背後的故事: Martin 在星期二之後無限期地被金塊禁賽,就在季後賽第一輪對上快艇 第二場比賽中場時,他頂撞 George Karl 教練的後一天。 Martin對 Karl 只讓他上半 場上場六分鐘感到憤怒,並且不斷地用言語在其他金塊球員之間攻擊 Karl。 It was only the latest dustup between Martin and the team this season. Martin has been frustrated all season as he has tried to come back from surgery in May. He's been ticked off at many within the Nuggets organization, whom he felt gave him assurances that his knee was better than it actually was. He was back on the court five months after the surgery instead of the normal 18, pushing himself to be ready for the playoffs. 這只是本季裡,最近一次 Martin 和這支球隊的爭吵事件。Martin 沮喪了一整季,五月 以來試圖從手術中恢復的他,對球團裡很多人感到憤怒,因為他們讓他以為他的膝蓋比 實際上來得好。手術後一般要18個月才能上場,他5個月就回來,硬是趕上了季後賽。 It's also no secret that the Nuggets, with Karl's backing, shopped Martin before the trade deadline, getting close to a three-way deal with the New York Knicks and Orlando Magic that would have sent Martin to New York and guard Steve Francis to Denver. 在 Karl 教練回來後,金塊在交易截止日前兜售 Martin 已經不是秘密了,一度就要促成 與尼克和魔術的三方交易,將 Martin 交易到尼克,和後衛 Steve Francis 到金塊。 So, what happens now? 所以,現在又會是什麼樣的情況呢? Barring a miracle of intra-team diplomacy, Martin won't play again for Denver in the playoffs. And seeing that his biggest supporter - general manager Kiki Vandeweghe, who brokered the sign-and-trade with the Nets two years ago that brought Martin to Denver - is not likely to return to the Nuggets next season, Martin will have no advocate left in the Pepsi Center. 除非在球團裡的政策出現大轉彎,Martin應該不會為金塊在季後賽出賽了。看看他 最大的支持者--在兩年前和籃網以先簽後換將 Martin交易到金塊的總管 Kiki Vandeweghe,即將在這一季結束後離開金塊,Pepsi Center裡將沒有任何Martin的 支持者。 The 28-year-old Martin has five years and about $71 million left on his $93 million contract. His knees are questionable, which means insuring them likely is problematic. His fierce pride often strays into combativeness with teammates and coaches. He's several years removed from his glory days with Jason Kidd in New Jersey. His actions this week have cast a pall over the Nuggets. 28歲的 Martin 還有五年 71M 的合約(總額是7年 93M 的合約)。他的膝蓋是個問號, 代表著希望他有好的膝蓋是不保險的。他的凶狠常搞錯了對象,將鬥志用在和隊友以及 教練身上。他在籃網和Jason Kidd的全盛時期已經是好幾年前的事。他這個禮拜的行為 將使金塊蒙上一層陰影。 So, why should Billy King even think about picking up the phone and dialing the Mile High City? 因此,憑什麼 Billy King 要拿起話筒撥到 Mile High City? One, Martin should be fully healed by the start of next season. And if a healthy Martin isn't quite as good as his contract, he's still one of the better defensive power forwards in the league. On one leg, he held his own with Elton Brand in the post throughout Game 1, giving the Nuggets a chance to steal it in the fourth quarter. 首先,Martin應該能夠在下一季開打之前恢復健康。就算一個健康的Martin比不上他 的合約,他也仍舊是全聯盟防守較好的前鋒之一。系列戰第一場時,即使一隻腳還沒 痊癒,他仍舊靠著一己之力在低位牽制住Elton Brand,讓金塊有機會在第四節追上 快艇。。 We know how desperate the Sixers are in that area. 我們知道七六人本季在低位的防守表現得有多差。 Two, the Nuggets just happen to be the worst three-point shooting team in the league. And the Sixers just happen to have one of the best three-point shooters in the league in Kyle Korver. 其二,金塊剛好是聯盟中三分球最差的球隊。而七六人湊巧有聯盟裡最好的三分射手 之一 Kyle Korver。 Three, the Nuggets, while winning their division, and having a young star in Carmelo Anthony, have hardly set Denver on fire.Their home average attendance of 17,135 is right in the middle of the pack in the league. Which is but one reason the Nuggets inquired so strongly about Iverson before the trade deadline. 第三點,金塊雖然贏得了他們的分區冠軍,而且擁有年輕的球星 Carmelo Anthony, 但卻鮮少讓丹佛市為他們瘋狂。他們的主場觀眾平均數是17,135,剛好是聯盟中段。 這也是一個金塊在交易截止日前這麼地想要 Iverson 的原因。 Four, people are capable of changing. 最後,人們總是能夠承受改變的。 "George Karl put up with me for five years," said Clippers guard Sam Cassell, who played under Karl in Milwaukee. "George Karl指導我五年之久," 快艇後衛,曾在公鹿時期在Karl手下打過球的 Sam Cassell如此說道。 "I was a guy who really didn't enjoy practicing," Cassell said. "He just told me, 'If you cheat this game of basketball, the game of basketball will come back and cheat you even worse.' For a while, I didn't understand that statement he made to me. As I got older, I realized what he meant: 'Sam, if you're not going to take the time to practice with your teammates, you may be ready for the basketball game, but some of your teammates might not be ready.' " "我是那種不喜歡練球的人," Cassell 說道。 "他只是告訴我,'如果你想對球賽 偷吃步,那麼球賽將會在你身上加倍討回來。' 當時我並不了他告訴我這句話的意思。 當我年紀漸長,我了解到他想說的是:'Sam,如果你不想花時間跟隊友練球,你可能 自己準備好要上場比賽,但是有些你的隊友可能還沒準備好。'" So.... 因此... Would it make sense for the Sixers to send Iverson and Korver to the Nuggets for Martin and guard Andre Miller - who would obviously be expendable if Iverson came to town? Would Miller - sixth in the league in assists this season and one of the better defensive point guards - distribute the ball to everyone's liking? Would the presence of Martin as a defensive force next to him free up Samuel Dalembert to be all he can be? Would Webber accept a change in his role? 七六人將 Iverson 跟 Korver 交易到金塊,換來 Martin 和後衛 Andre Miller -- 很明顯地在Iverson 來到後,將被犧牲的另一個球員 - 這有搞頭嗎?Miller --本季助攻次數居聯盟第六位的後衛,同時也是防守不錯的得分後衛之一--可以 讓大家有球打?Martin的存在是否代表著防守的助力,能讓他身後的 Samuel Dalembert 完全地發揮? Webber 能夠接受他角色上的改變嗎? It would be a trade fraught with risk. 這是個充滿風險、令人擔憂的交易。 Is it worth doing? 這一切,值得嗎? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Contact staff writer David Aldridge at 215-854-5516 or daldridge@phillynews.com. 編按:我翻譯外電並不代表我支持文中作者的立場,只是畢竟消息 在太平洋彼岸會比較接近決策中心,試圖翻譯讓大家了解跟上最近 的乳摸是我希望帶給大家的。本季之後七六人會有很大的改變,我 並不期待於此,但是我還是希望能夠寫出一篇關於暑假交易可能的 文章,畢竟該來的還是得來。翻譯這一系列(如果真如作者所說地) 算是一個熱身。另外,如果有看我blog的朋友在等本季回顧,請再 多給我一些時間,畢竟現在大部分的人都還為七六人進不了季後賽 感到失望、還在找戰犯。如果我也寫一篇怪罪來怪罪去的文章就浪 費各位看倌的時間了... -- ”I want to win a ring. I want to have the opportunity to get back to the Finals. All that matters is us getting into the playoffs, because then, anything can happen.” ~ Allen Iverson -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.112.4.242

05/01 15:56,
看標題真的是LP比雞腿........差個十萬倍的身價.......
05/01 15:56

05/01 16:10,
AI + KK for K-Mart + Andre Miller... = = 真的 LP 比雞腿
05/01 16:10

05/01 16:15,
手上兩個高價的明星PF要幹啥=.=
05/01 16:15

05/01 16:35,
聯盟裡最好的三分射手......真的是這樣嗎
05/01 16:35

05/01 16:39,
樓上的板友,儘管你可能不同意,KK的確是命中率12th,
05/01 16:39

05/01 16:42,
每場命中個數在命中率比他高的選手當中排第三
05/01 16:42
我知道為什麼會有誤會了,因為我漏了"之一",希望有解決iversonman的疑問。 ※ 編輯: jimcal 來自: 140.112.27.15 (05/01 16:44)

05/01 17:09,
感謝翻譯。
05/01 17:09

05/01 17:16,
用AI換K罵 實在是...搶劫
05/01 17:16

05/01 18:26,
真是不可能的>"<....麥鬧阿
05/01 18:26
-- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 220.136.218.84

05/01 18:51, , 1F
嗚~~安哥~~