[外電] Mavs role players do the heavy lifting in Game 1 win

看板Mavericks作者 (巴拉圭)時間15年前 (2009/04/19 23:01), 編輯推噓2(200)
留言2則, 2人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Source: http://www.star-telegram.com/287/story/1325252.html ********************************************************************* Dallas Mavericks’ role players do the heavy lifting in Game 1 win Posted on Sat, Apr. 18, 2009 / By EDDIE SEFKO ********************************************************************* SAN ANTONIO — Jason Kidd was accepting congratulations for the Game 1 win Saturday night, and he couldn’t help but tell the truth. "I just tried to stay out of the way," he said. Indeed, the heavy lifters were Brandon Bass in the first half and Antoine Wright, Erick Dampier and J.J. Barea in the second half. The Mavericks got some production from Dirk Nowitzki, and Josh Howard was a beast in the middle quarters. But with Nowitzki and Jason Terry both well below their season averages, somebody else had to step up. "This may be a series where we have to be decoys," Terry said. "And that’s OK. We got other guys who can get the job done." Clearly. Bass finished with 14 points, Barea had 13, and Dampier had 10 points and 11 rebounds and several key stops against Tim Duncan. Staying under 30 Josh Howard said his ankle was sore after the game, but a win lessens any pain. Howard actually got a nice, unexpected break. He played just 34 seconds at the start of the fourth quarter, then sat out the rest of the way, finishing with 25 points in 29 minutes. "Josh played great," coach Rick Carlisle said. "I really labored over the decision to leave him out down the stretch when we felt if we could keep him out it would be better for his ankle. "The small lineup was able to finish the game well." Howard had 13 points in the third period, when the Mavs turned a four-point deficit into a nine-point lead. Not so fond memories Jason Kidd’s last playoff game in San Antonio’s AT&T Center was Game 5 of the 2003 NBA Finals when he was with New Jersey. He has vivid memories of that series, won 4-2 by the Spurs. "We had a good chance in Game 6 to send it to Game 7, but they won," Kidd said. "They came to Jersey and got a win, got a couple wins, and put us in a situation where we had to win on their home court. We played great. But they were the better team." Kidd and J.J. Barea said that the Mavericks should embrace starting the playoffs against the Spurs. "Since I’ve been here, I’ve heard everything about the Mavericks and Spurs," Barea said. "I pretty much know the whole story. It’s going to be wild. It’s a good place to start. Go against San Antonio and get it out of the way." Missing Manu With Manu Ginobili out for the rest of the season with a leg injury, the Spurs ’ bench contributed just 14 points. "Their bench just got us," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said of the Mavs’ reserves, who had 39 points. "That’s the bottom line." -- Only the strong survive- Iverson ═█┘     W ● ●︵ ● ●)) <\ / \\ />>/ ╲> >> ========= http://www.wretch.cc/blog/AWEI3 ========= -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 58.114.82.28

04/20 04:06, , 1F
一遇到沒有翻譯的外電又瞬間安靜了 XDDD
04/20 04:06, 1F

04/20 14:33, , 2F
看不懂啊 拜託樓上翻譯一下嘛
04/20 14:33, 2F
文章代碼(AID): #19wppTLY (Mavericks)