[情報] 20 Questions W/ Paul Draper

看板Mansun作者 (Lost in a melody)時間15年前 (2008/12/10 09:24), 編輯推噓4(400)
留言4則, 3人參與, 最新討論串1/1
http://www.secondcityuk.com/?p=120 WE QUIZ FORMER FRONTMAN OF CULT BRITPOP/ALT-ROCK BAND MANSUN ON HIS TIME WITH THE GROUP, CURRENT LIFE AND THE PERFECT BREAKFAST… 1) What have you been up to in the last 5 years? Well, I left Mansun in 2003 then in 2004 I put the unfinished fourth album ‘ Kleptomania’ together and released that on Parlophone, the band’s label. Then in 2005 I moved over to France and recorded and wrote with Skin from Skunk Anansie for her solo album. Then i took a couple of years out before getting back into producing a few artists and finally getting back to doing my own project! 2) What advice would you give to a young Paul Draper? Go solo! 3) You, Who Do You Hate? I’m pretty fair, I fucking hate everyone! No, not really. I did when i was younger, but I don’t really hate anyone now! 4) What happened to the money that was thrown in the train station in the Taxloss video? There must be 5000 fivers that have been spent somewhere. I’ve often had people come up to me with a Taxloss fiver. We got some fans out of it who never spent their fiver. It had a sticker on each one saying it’s a taxloss, and it was! 5) What would you class as your proudest career moment(s)? Hmm… I dont really think of it like that in terms of achievements, just in terms of songs written I guess. The best one I think I wrote was ‘Keep Tellin Myself’ from Kleptomania. 6) And low points? The end was pretty bad - I was just glad to get out. I’d taken it as far as I could by that point. 7) Vans or tour buses? Tour buses. I liked touring on a bus. Doing people carriers and hotels was ok but a bit too ‘Westlife’ if you know what I mean. 8 ) What are your top 3 films? And top 3 albums? One Flew Over The Cockoo’s Nest. Battleship Potemkin. Being John Malkovich. Parade - Prince, Abbey Road - The Beatles, Songs for the Deaf - Queens Of The Stone Age. 9) If we saw you in a pub, what should we buy you? Pint of Guinness. 10) What new bands do you like at the moment? This year has been terrible for new bands, probably the worst ever. There’s no money around to invest in new talent I guess with the download generation. 11) What would you ask God? I don’t really believe in God, just something in case there’s something else. Keeping my options open I guess. 12) How do you go about writing songs? I put loads of bits of hummed melodies and chords into my dictaphone. Then I come back a few days later and keep the best bits and edit them down. Then I always keep a book of words and I find a theme from the book and work it into the melody until it means something to me and fits with the music feel-wise. 13) Do you have a guilty pleasure track? ‘In The Air Tonight’ by Phil Collins. It’s in the tom fill. 14) What would you have done if you didn’t get into music? I’d have liked to be an architect. 15) Which pin-up would you skin-up with? Kate Moss 16) What are the ingredients to your ideal Full English? All in. The lot. 17) Are any of the characters in your songs based on real people? Oh yeah, they’re all based on real people that I’ve met at some point. 18) If there was a movie made of your life, what song would be playing over the flashback-montage scene? The end of ‘Legacy’ by Mansun where it repeats ‘Nobody cares when your gone ’. 19) What are your future plans? Finally getting down to my first post-Mansun project. I’ll be writing and producing it, so you can get info on it from my mailing list. (www.pauldraper.info) 20) What is the punchline to your favourite joke? “Its my brother getting his balls out of the wheel barrow” ------ 要開賭盤賭聖誕節前聽不聽得到新歌嗎? -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 211.21.114.49

12/11 17:40, , 1F
呵呵.........(乾笑)
12/11 17:40, 1F

12/14 23:14, , 2F
一定不會.....不用賭....
12/14 23:14, 2F

12/23 00:00, , 3F
下面那篇文章馬上證明樓上兩位先知是對的!XD
12/23 00:00, 3F

12/23 00:01, , 4F
btw Paul喜歡Kate Moss這型的0_o
12/23 00:01, 4F