[翻譯] Lester completes no-hit feat!

看板MLB作者 (Yippee-ki-yay)時間16年前 (2008/05/20 23:02), 編輯推噓6(602)
留言8則, 5人參與, 最新討論串1/1
※ [本文轉錄自 RedSox 看板] 作者: DoMoe (Yippee-ki-yay) 看板: RedSox 標題: [翻譯][新聞] Lester completes no-hit feat! 時間: Tue May 20 22:59:33 2008 http://tinyurl.com/6e28hp Lester completes no-hit feat 抗癌鬥士Lester完成無安打壯舉 Southpaw becomes 18th Red Sox pitcher to seal the deal 左投Lester成為赤襪軍第18位無安打投手 By Ian Browne / MLB.com "It's something that I'll remember forever, a lot of excitement. I think I had more adrenaline going in the ninth inning than I did in the first inning, which I guess is normal for that situation. It was great. The fans were great; they're on their feet yelling and screaming. It was probably one of the loudest times I've heard Fenway when I've been out there pitching." 「實在太興奮了,這會是我畢生難忘的一役。我第九局的腎上腺素相較第一局時應該飆破 表。一整個讚!球迷也超讚!他們站起來大吼大叫,這大概是我在芬威主投時歡呼聲最大 的一回!」 -- Jon Lester BOSTON -- If only all the spectators and teammates who reveled in Jon Lester's magical Monday night at Fenway Park could have seen the way it started. 只有拜一在芬威公園現場見證的觀眾與隊友們,目睹Lester神奇之夜是如何展開的。 There the left-hander was in the bullpen warming up with catcher Jason Varitek, and he had nothing. How was he going to thrive against the Royals when it seemed like all his pitches had stayed home? 開賽前,這名左投一如往常在牛棚與隊長Tek熱身。在他毫無特殊的投球下, Lester是如何征服皇家的呢? As it turns out, Lester knows a thing or two about perseverance. And on this night, he stayed the course well enough to throw a no-hitter, the 18th in the history of the Red Sox. 答案是--今晚Lester似乎懂得何謂耐性,他成功堅守此信念並成為紅襪史上第十八名 無安打比賽的締造者。 "If you all saw my bullpen [session] today, it wasn't pretty," said Lester. "You would have thought I wouldn't have gotten out of the first inning. It was terrible. I got out in the game and I've always been a slow starter. If I can get through the first, second, third, sometimes the fourth inning and be doing all right, then usually I can do all right into the game and get stronger. That was the case. I just felt more comfortable with my delivery, more comfortable with the stuff I was throwing." 「今天牛棚練投的情況實在是不怎樣」Lester老實地說「而且大家第一局可能還會擔心我 能否脫身…但我向來就是慢熱,若順利渡過第一、二、三,甚至第四局,那麼表示我通常 已經進入狀況,而且會越投越好。在這情形下我對自己的投球與球質都相當的蘇胡。」 With each passing inning, Lester (two walks, nine strikeouts) became filthier and filthier. 隨著局數增加,Lester(2BB、9K)的球越來越噁心。 It all came to a jubilant end when Lester blew a 94-mph heater -- his 130th pitch of the night -- by Alberto Callaspo. Just like that, the 7-0 victory was complete, so was Lester's no-no, not to mention the first complete game and the first shutout of his career. 當Lester向Alberto Callaspo投出第130球--一顆94麥火球後,全場陷入瘋狂。 完美的一晚,7-0完美的克蛋、Lester完美的無安打,更別提這是他生涯首場的完封勝。 Varitek lifted his pitcher off the ground as if the Red Sox had just won the World Series. From there, a mob of white jerseys mobbed Lester. 隊長Tek興奮地將這名小伙子舉起來,像是紅襪再次得到世界大賽冠軍一般。 喔,當然還有一群白衣暴民也跑過來搥打小將Lester XD The joy couldn't have been any more genuine considering how tough it was on Lester, his teammates and the entire organization when the lefty was diagnosed with anaplastic large cell lymphoma some 20 months ago. As if winning Game 4 of the World Series last fall wasn't enough of a fairy tale for Lester, now he has a no-hitter under his belt. 見到命運乖舛的Lester投出夢寐以求的成績,對於他的隊友及整個紅襪隊來說,這一切 歡喜都再真實也不過。這名20月前才被檢查罹患淋巴腫瘤的左投,看來不以去年甫奪下 紅襪世界大賽第四戰封王賽勝投而滿足;現在,他的紀錄上多了一場無安打比賽。 "It's something that I'll remember forever, a lot of excitement," said Lester, who is 3-2 with a 3.41 ERA. "I think I had more adrenaline going in the ninth inning than I did in the first inning, which I guess is normal for that situation. It was great. The fans were great; they're on their feet yelling and screaming. It was probably one of the loudest times I've heard Fenway when I've been out there pitching." 「這將是我永生難忘的比賽!實在是太興奮了」3勝2敗,防禦率3.41的Lester說。 「我猜我的腎上腺素第九局時比第一局時還來得多,一切都太讚了!觀眾們也超讚! 他們站起來大吼大叫--這大概是我在芬威主投時歡呼聲最大的一回。」 It was every bit as loud as Sept. 1, 2007, when another homegrown product of the Red Sox organization named Clay Buchholz reeled off a no-hitter against the Orioles. 整場的歡呼聲應該不亞於去年,2007年9月1號,大家不會忘記那天正宗紅襪魚塭養出的 Clay Buchholz,大聯盟第二次登板面對金鶯就投出無安打比賽。 "I was trying to think along with him," said Buchholz. "But I think I was a little more nervous for his than I was for mine, because I had more time to think about it." 「我本來試著揣摩他的心境」Buchholz表示 「但對於他這場無安打比賽,我比對自己的無安打比賽更緊張一些, 因為在休息室的我有時間想太多。」 It was the fourth no-no of the 21st century for the Sox, as Lester joined Hideo Nomo (2001), Derek Lowe ('02) and Buchholz. By catching all four of them, Varitek went into the Major League record books on Monday, surpassing several receivers who caught three no-hitters. 這也是紅襪在21世紀第四場無安打比賽,這四場分別是:今天的Lester、2001的野茂英雄 、2002的Derek Lowe、還有去年的Buchholz。隊長Varitek拜一也因此被寫進大聯盟紀錄 --成為捕過4場無安打比賽的捕手。 "I'm very fortunate," said Varitek. "It's so exciting to be a part of one as a catcher." 「我著實幸運,」隊長說「能以捕手的身份參與這些偉大的記錄。」 Speaking of fortune, Lester got some in the fourth, when center fielder Jacoby Ellsbury went on a full-out sprint before making a diving catch to rob Jose Guillen of a hit. 說到幸運,Lester第四局可得好好謝謝同是紅襪魚塭出身的中堅手Jacoby Ellsbury, 他的全速衝刺加上魚躍撲球硬是沒收了Jose Guillen的安打。 "After the catch, I actually realized he had a no-hitter going," said Ellsbury. 「在接了那球後,我才真正意識到這有可能是場無安打比賽。」Ellsbury說 In a way, Lester's performance was a matter of routine dominance. He was mowing hitters down with such smooth precision that Varitek actually lost track of the type of history that was unfolding. 某方面來說,Lester的表現有著平時的主宰性(譯者案:你是認真的嗎?), 他的球流暢且準確摧毀皇家打者,以致於隊長甚至沒發現一項偉大的紀錄正在進行。 "I didn't even really know we had a no-hitter until after the seventh," Varitek said. "I kind of looked up in the seventh and saw he was around 100 pitches and thought, he did his job. And I kind of glanced in the bullpen and saw nobody warming up and thought, 'That's kind of weird.' Then I looked back and saw [the zero]. It was good." 「第七局後我才發現目前是無安打的狀態」Varitek表示。「第七局時我還抬起頭來, 想說他已經投了一百球左右,也該是下班的時候;但當我望向牛棚竟沒有中繼投手起來 熱身,心裡還嘀咕,『好像哪裡怪怪的…』然後我往後看計分板才見到那顆鴨蛋, 嗯,幹的好!」 Lester's only early blemish was a walk to Billy Butler with one out in the second. There wouldn't be another baserunner until the ninth when Lester walked Esteban German to lead off the inning. A groundout by Tony Pena served as the first out. David DeJesus put Lester on the precipice with a groundout to first baseman Kevin Youkilis. Lester可惜第二局一出局時保送了Billy Butler,而直到第九局一開始又保送了Esteban German壘上才有第二名跑者,接下來Tony Pena打出滾地形成一出局、而David DeJesus一 壘個滾地球更差點讓Lester破功。 And then, the grand finale against Callaspo. By the time Lester held court with the media, the final sequence was all but a blur. 然後,最終面對Callaspo的打席,這再見三振在媒體簇擁Lester之際已不再重要。 "It really hasn't sunk in," said Lester. "Right now, it feels like I pitched and we won the game. I think it's like the World Series. It takes a while for this to set in and give you time to reflect on it. I guess it's one of those things you get to enjoy later." 「其實我並沒沈浸在這雀躍的心境中,」Lester表示「現在只覺得那場是自己先發,然後 球隊最終贏球這樣。我猜就跟世界大賽一樣吧,得花一段時間讓它沈澱才能讓你回味,這 大概就是那種你必須往後才能細細品嚐的時刻。」 Lester didn't need much in the way of offensive support, but the Red Sox gave him plenty to work with by breaking out for five runs in the bottom of the third. They scored two more in the sixth. Lester並不需要強大的火力支援,但好兄弟們熱力不減,三局下就灌進五分; 第六局又追加了兩分。 From there, the game's only drama revolved around Lester. 在這之後,一切就看Lester表演。 "At first, I didn't think he was really feeling it until the third, fourth, fifth inning when he started going. Then his breaking balls and everything else started coming along for him," said Royals second baseman Mark Grudzielanek. "He's one of those guys who just doesn't throw a straight ball. His cutter and his curve and he goes in and out. He and Varitek were in sync today, obviously." 「一開始我不認為他有發覺到(無安打比賽),直到渡過第三、四、五局,他的變化球和 一切情況越來越順手,」皇家二壘手Mark Grudzielanek表示「他也是那種不丟直球的投 手,他的卡特球和曲球加上內外的搭配,毫無疑問,今晚他跟Varitek合作無間。」 By the ninth inning, manager Terry Francona was trying to keep it together in the dugout. He admitted it wasn't easy. 到了第九局,紅襪監督粉柯南試著掌控休息區的氣氛,他承認那並不容易。 "I looked up in the ninth, and you're trying to keep your emotions in check and I went to say something to [pitching coach] John Farrell, and he was being a big baby next to me. It made me feel a little bit better," said Francona. 「已經到了第九局,我嘗試安撫自己緊張的情緒,跟投手教練John Farrell說說話,但在 我身旁的他看起來像個大嬰兒,這讓我感到好過些。」嚼嚼嚼說 Though he's just 24 years old, Lester has already experienced more highs and lows than most 15-year veterans. A cancer recovery followed by a World Series clincher and a no-hitter? 雖然他只有24歲,Lester所經歷的大起大落已多過許多征戰15年的老兵們。你能想像嗎? 在抗癌成功後接著拿下世界大賽封王賽勝投,然後再來是場無安打比賽? "It's hard to describe," Lester said. "I think they're both definitely up there. I can't tell you which one means more to me than the other. The World Series is obviously the World Series. How many people get to say they won that. A no-hitter is a no-hitter. How many people can say they've done that? They're both up there. They both mean a heck of a lot to me. It's something I'll cherish for a long time." 「這實在難以比較,」Lester說「我必須承認這兩者都是很棒的經歷。我無法告訴你哪一 項紀錄對我的意義比較重大:世界大賽就是世界大賽,有多少人能夠說自己拿過世界大賽 的勝投?無安打比賽就是無安打比賽,有多少人能告訴你他們投過無安打?他們都是無法 取代的。這兩者對我都如此重要,我會一直珍愛這兩項美妙的紀錄。」 And Lester's teammates -- particularly his closer ones -- will enjoy it every bit as much. 至於Lester的隊友們,特別是他的好友們,也會如他一般享受這美好時光的。 "It's like divine intervention," said Red Sox ace Josh Beckett. "I know it's been two years since the whole cancer thing, but it's pretty cool to watch something like that, and I know he kind of had that last year winning the final game of the World Series, but this is another feat, more personal one that maybe winning the World Series. It's great. He's always had the talent and now it's starting to show." 「這就像是神蹟,」紅襪王牌Josh Beckett表示「他光兩年光陰擺脫癌症,但看到這項 成就還是很屌,我記得他去年好像贏了世界大賽的最後一場,但今天這場完全是另一件 盛事,一項了不起的個人紀錄,真的很棒!他本來就很有天分,而現在更開始嶄露頭角了 。」 -- 雜詩 十四首其一 清‧龔自珍 ◢█▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔ 年少無端愛令名 也無學術誤蒼生 白雲一笑懶如此 忽遇天風吹便行 ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 220.128.63.116 ※ 編輯: DoMoe 來自: 220.128.63.116 (05/20 23:00) -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 220.128.63.116

05/20 23:06, , 1F
推:恩...好像哪裡怪怪的
05/20 23:06, 1F

05/20 23:09, , 2F
赤襪軍
05/20 23:09, 2F

05/20 23:10, , 3F
白衣暴民 魚塭都蠻可愛的
05/20 23:10, 3F

05/20 23:40, , 4F
ESPN訪問他說還無法意識到投了一場多偉大的比賽,
05/20 23:40, 4F